Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #155
Ripstang

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS convertible
I would say 8 due to issues with the top and the trunk lid wire bundle sawing through the trunk seal etc. But like any first year production car there are always bugs to work out.
Ripstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #156
cactuseater

Drives: .
Zero.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #157
sapperlite

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible
9. I love my car. I have put 24,000 miles on it and I can't get enough of it. I even haul my granddaughter in a car seat and she loves it too! Long drives (from KY to FL) or short drives are a dream. If she wasn't so heavy I would give her a 10. But that 6.2 moves her very well. I just ordered some LTs so hopefully that helps her reach a 10.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #158
haynes

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2 SS convertible
10. No issues with my '14
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #159
Rctreece
2013 Victory Red LS3 Vert

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Attached Images

Rctreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #160
kdalters
Nittany Lion in Hogville

Drives: 2012 Camaro conv.
9. Though my next one will be a hardroof .Convertible was for the wife. I've never owned a ragtop before & I had some reservations. I'm happy with all aspects.
kdalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #161
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rctreece View Post
Looks like a 10
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #162
SSL Callaway

Drives: 2011 Callaway SS Convertible
9.9! Wish it had a better vert top boot cover but other than that it rocks!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #163
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
The trunk freaking sucks,the safety crap for the top sucks,and i couldnt test drive it as it had no hand controls,also i am so worried about the smallest amount of damage from my wheelchair,that i dont even try to put it in myself.
I have no place to put my wheelchair when i drive it so i either go without a chair and never get out or i have to have someone put it in the back seat ,which means i can only take one person with me,lol
so the ZL1 its self my be a great car but from the stand point of being able to just get up and go whenever i want,it sucks lol
3 out of the now 4 times i have driven it i had to have someone follow me with my wheelchair. I keep on putting more money in it and buying all those cool things for it,then end the end of the day ask myself why,the onl thing i can honestly come up with is that its sort of like a project to help keep me from getting bored while i watch the world go by,lol sometimes i just have to laugh at myself as i turn the corner and the passenger has to hold me up so i dont fall over into his seat ...well if i have to give it a number it just depends on the day of the week..6-10 the best time i have is taking it to FASTLANE AND WATCHING IT BECOME A WHOLE DIFFERENT BEAST..since i have owned it more people have spend time driving it than i have..and if that brings joy to someones life then GM has done its job...
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #164
TIffCo

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS White Convertible
9 and I'm sorry but I feel like this deserves an explanation. I have a 2013 Camaro 5 months old and about 5,000 miles. I have had not had any problems only joy. Nevertheless, I'm taking off a point due to the new stress I have acquired from reading these forums. I'm scared to even look at my car. If anyone has an older 2013 camaro can you please let me know how the new top and frame is working?
TIffCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #165
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIffCo View Post
9 and I'm sorry but I feel like this deserves an explanation. I have a 2013 Camaro 5 months old and about 5,000 miles. I have had not had any problems only joy. Nevertheless, I'm taking off a point due to the new stress I have acquired from reading these forums. I'm scared to even look at my car. If anyone has an older 2013 camaro can you please let me know how the new top and frame is working?
Hey, you ain't the only one. I am just glad I went and bought one before I found C5 forum and these convertible threads, ha.

The thing is, a satisfied customer will tell a few people, mostly his friends. An unsatisfied customer will tell the world!

There is no doubt the original tops were not pristine, but most of those are still working okay. And they have just gotten better.

Having stated that, I watch my top for anything and everything. When I put the top down, make sure it isn't rubbing at the back (it doesn't) and it never has leaked anywhere and to me is as quiet as a hardtop.

A few things I do, when possible : when I have had the top down, I try to put it back up where the sun is shining. As it is a black top, the sun can warm it up and expand it and take the creases out, which seems to work.

Also, I treated it with 303 water repellent which works great. To be fair if I have driven it six times in the rain, that would be a lot, but once was over 300 miles in the rain on a long trip.

Anyways, enjoy your car. You are under warranty and trust me, GM is well aware of the top and its "issues".

Good luck!
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #166
TIffCo

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS White Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post
Hey, you ain't the only one. I am just glad I went and bought one before I found C5 forum and these convertible threads, ha.

The thing is, a satisfied customer will tell a few people, mostly his friends. An unsatisfied customer will tell the world!

There is no doubt the original tops were not pristine, but most of those are still working okay. And they have just gotten better.

Having stated that, I watch my top for anything and everything. When I put the top down, make sure it isn't rubbing at the back (it doesn't) and it never has leaked anywhere and to me is as quiet as a hardtop.

A few things I do, when possible : when I have had the top down, I try to put it back up where the sun is shining. As it is a black top, the sun can warm it up and expand it and take the creases out, which seems to work.

Also, I treated it with 303 water repellent which works great. To be fair if I have driven it six times in the rain, that would be a lot, but once was over 300 miles in the rain on a long trip.

Anyways, enjoy your car. You are under warranty and trust me, GM is well aware of the top and its "issues".

Good luck!

Thank you! Yes, its just extremely discouraging. This is my dream car so I can't imagine living without it. I just bought the 303 products so i'm waiting for them to arrive. I live in Flroida so I'm a little worried since it rains half the year This is my second convertible, my first was vinyl, I never had a problem with the rain and I had the car for about 7 years. I find it so barbaric how people are trying to dodge the rain, this is 40k car, there shouldnt be any major problems
TIffCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #167
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Drives: 2012 Twin Turbo Super Sport
In its class i'll give it a solid 9. I'm sure once these twin turbo's are installed then it might jump to a 10. I wish the car came with the capability to drop the top via key-fob. Trunk space is terrible as well but overall, excellent car for its class and still continues to get looks.

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
fab410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #168
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIffCo View Post
I have a 2013 ZL1 Vert that was delivered 8-27-12 and now has 13,000 miles on it and the top is STILL perfect.

Before this, I had a 2011 2SS/RS Vert that the top was replaced early on when the orignal rubbing marks were talked about. After the top was replaced by my dealer who went out of thier way to bring in one of the GM top designers to help them, (so I know all about the original top issues), I put another 20,000 miles on the 2011 with no more top issues.

The only reason I got rid of the 2011, was to upgrade to the new ZL1 vert.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote