Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
CAL Always Displayed for Compass heading

So I searched a bit and did not see any actual fixes for this.

Has anybody else had the CAL message displayed constantly? My car is not garaged and driven 5-6 days a week. I figure it is a sensor issue. Does anybody know common causes/fixes for the issue or where the receiver is? Is it in the shark fin?

Ultimately I don't really need it, I just prefer it to work if it's on the car.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
The CAL is displayed when the cars internal GPS looses satelite connection. It sometimes happens with mine even though I park outdoors.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
On some of the older GM cars, driving in a circle a few times in a parking lot would force it to calibrate. Can't hurt to try!
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
I've tried that, but the fact that it is outside 24/7 and I drive regularly leads me to believe that it is not a calibration issue.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
Oogabooga

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Satin Black
Mine stays on CAL but I unplugged it from the shark fin.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:49 PM   #6
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx View Post
I've tried that, but the fact that it is outside 24/7 and I drive regularly leads me to believe that it is not a calibration issue.
How long does the CAL stay displayed after you start driving. Trees, power lines, or tall buildings can cause the connection to be lost.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:17 PM   #7
Blakk11SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I will bet that your onstar device located up under the glovebox has been disconnected. maybe check your radio for the xm preview station #1, if you don't get it, then the unit is definately unplugged. there are about 3-4 connectors on that box that can easily be unplugged. there is also a box in the trunk on driver-side behind the removable trunk lining. Did the CAL just suddenly appear recently? did you make any service visits to the dealer recently? there might be a fuse for the onstar too - check the owners manual or fuse panel in engine bay
Blakk11SS is offline   Reply With Quote