Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 07-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
Track Day on the The Circuit Of The AMERICA's !!!!

ALL,

I just got an email asking about individuals and groups wanting to drive on the new Circuit Of The Americas!

I knew this day would come!

I put in a request for information on both the individual and groups. I'll update this thread as soon as I get more information.

What I would like to know is how many of you would likely attend something like this? Chances are it's going to be a couple hundred per person/car. But, from what I've read so far it looks like it's going to be worth it. I'll try and paste the body of the email in here too.

Chime in People!

Take Your Own High Speed Laps at
Circuit of The Americas!
Now available to groups and individuals: Circuit of The Americas' Private Track Rental! Drive the world-famous Grand Prix course, following the lines and challenging the times of drivers like Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel, Mario Andretti and more. Contact us to reserve your spot at the next COTA Track Day:

SUBMIT A REQUEST
Private track experiences include:
  • The opportunity to bring your vehicle and drive on this world-class track
  • Dedicated and personalized pit lane garages
  • Tower Deck champagne celebration
  • Winner's Podium access
  • Lap and segment timing
And much more!

We'll see you at the track!
Circuit of The Americas

Stay in touch with Circuit of The Americas:
>> Like us on Facebook
>> Follow us on Twitter
>> Add us on Google+
>> Visit our website

Copyright © 2013 Circuit of The Americas, LLC, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this newsletter because you signed up at circuitoftheamericas.com or formula1unitedstates.com
Our mailing address is:
Circuit of The Americas, LLC301 Congress, Suite 220
Austin, TX 78701

Add us to your address book

facebook twitter pinterest email
download cota app Get Text alerts

• step 1 : select your date
  • step 2 : Your information
  • step 3 : Payment Info
  • step 4 : review and send
Your information

Your name Street Address City State Zip Code Phone Number Email address

Driving Experience

Driving School Graduate
Race License
Rally Participant
Other
Vehicle Information

Year Make Model
Race Car
Motorcycle
Track Car
Sports Car
Other

I have my own helmet and safety gear

Yes No

facebook twitter pinterest email
download cota app Get Text alerts

• step 1 : select your date
  • step 2 : Your information
  • step 3 : Payment Info
  • step 4 : review and send
  • A representative will contact you to discuss payment methods
  • An agreement will be sent to you and must be executed and payment received prior to participating in any track day.
  • With individual reservations, COTA reserves the right to reschedule the date up to ten (10) days in advance if 30 entries are not received.

The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1 STORE, F1, GRAND PRIX, the logo of this site (being the official website of Formula 1TM), the Sweeping Curves logo and related logos are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. All rights reserved.

Last edited by krazzyk01; 07-16-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Change Title
krazzyk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
I am in! I have driven by it a few times on the tollway doin 120 wishin I could get on the track.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Yep, the day I saw the plans for the track I've been drooling over a track day. They're supposed to call me about pricing. I'm hoping by the time they do that I'll have some idea what's required and home many hours of pay it's going to take to get me lay....ing some rubber on that beautiful track.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Look it up. It's pricey. $2,500/day????

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #5
Wileycoyote

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Sounds good, if we can get the price reasonable!
Wileycoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I would be interested !
Sapper12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #7
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I'd be in if price was reasonable. I'd need to know as far in advance as possible so I can request to be in the country. This is what I have been building my car for. It'll be awesome.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #8
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
I would be interested but as said above, it would have to be a lot more reasonable than $2,500.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

I know where you got that price from and I honestly don't think that's the same price they're thinking for this particular event. As you may have noticed in the body of the email I attached, they are quoting for both INDIVIDUALS and GROUPS. The $2500 is the cost for a complete track rental on your own I believe.

As soon as I hear from them I will post what they tell me. My biggest concern right now is the checkbox for “I have my own helmet and safety gear.” Other than a helmet, what safety gear are they looking for? Also, there’s a spot to check off what kind of track license you may have. I checked the “OTHER” box and put none. Don’t know if that’s going to fly or not.

On a more solid note…I’ve been looking for driving schools in the area and found Driveway Austin.

http://www.drivewayaustin.com/drivin...of-road-racing

This is a full day ( 0800 – 1530) race class which cost $395.00 and you can use your car or rent their spec racing Miata. I want to use my car for this even though it makes more sense to use theirs since the cost of a new pair of skins on the back of my car cost more than the rental. ( 2 tires @ 315. Plus tx =’s $682 whereas the rental is $125 per session or $550 per day) Don’t know if an all day class counts as one session or not….. Be nice if it did.

No matter what happens with this COTA thing, I want to do this class and a couple of the others at Driveway Austin. I’ve talked to some people which are familiar with this place and it’s all high praises.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Let me cut straight to the chase.....

kbui....You're correct, and I'm a dreamer of the high order.

I was completely and totally incorrect.

COTA seems to be a little bit full of itself. They do in fact want $2,500 PLUS TAX! per person for an eight hour day at the track. To add to that hilariousness, you'll be taking turns on the track during your $312 + dollar an hour track time and there will be no competitive driving allowed at all. They do provide your food and such while you're there....Oh boy.

So, to those that showed interest, I'm sorry to say this has been a waist of time. At least for me.

I'm going to start a new thread looking for interested people to see what kind of group rate we can get at Driveway Austin. With the standard fair being $395. for a full day of racing instruction I'm feeling a bit more confident.

Sorry and thanks at the same time.

Oh ya. Forgot to tell ya,...The going group rate is a poultry $55,000. for up to 35 drivers I think it was.....!!!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
Are you aware of this thread that's stickied at the top of the Texas members section? http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302809 You don't get to race but you do get parade laps on the track.. Lot's of details in the thread.

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #12
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Our "Sweet Rides" club looked at the COTA offer and determined that COTA track days are for exotics owners full of themselves. Price is a bit steep for everybody else. I did get to do a slow lap after the last GrandAm race and it's definitely a great track. Beside Driveway Austin, someone should get in contact with Harris Hill to set up a Camaro HPDE event for the Austin and nearby drivers.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #13
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

You know the sad thing is I saw that thread a few days back and forgot all about it when I saw that email.

Now I can only hope there's a spot left for me this weekend when I can afford to get in on that deal.

THANK YOU!