Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 01-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #15
SVThis

Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS Victory Red 1 of 76
Agree
Old 01-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #16
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
I agree...but it would still be the same group of us.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #17
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
to all of the above
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Not a bad idea.

Now ... if we go that route should it be broken down into only 2 sub-sub forums (drag & non-drag) or one seperate sub-sub for each kind of performance driving people do: standing mile, 1/4, 1/8, auto-x, road course, etc? Personally, I would lean towards just two (like the OP said) but having it sub-divided further could make it even easier to find info on a specific thing.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #19
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Not a bad idea.

Now ... if we go that route should it be broken down into only 2 sub-sub forums (drag & non-drag) or one seperate sub-sub for each kind of performance driving people do: standing mile, 1/4, 1/8, auto-x, road course, etc? Personally, I would lean towards just two (like the OP said) but having it sub-divided further could make it even easier to find info on a specific thing.
I like the separate idea even better.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #20
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
Not a bad idea.

I am cool with just the 2 since the major disciplines/set up of each is similar for even the sub threads. I do not think we would want to overcomplicate it.

I think the bigger issue will be getting the current posts/threads into the correct new forum. Maybe we could help by reporting them to y'all so they could be moved, if we were to do that.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #21
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
How about -

"Dragstrip Discussions" -
(include all subforums)

"Tracking Discussions" -
(include all subforums)

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #22
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
I say one for drag, one for Auto-X, and one for Road Course.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #23
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Not a bad idea.

I am absolutely in favor of splitting the corner-carving activities off from the straight line performance topics.

Just the two sections should be adequate.

There is usually enough context provided to determine whether autocross, HPDE, time trials, or wheel to wheel is the corner-carving venue under discussion. But even when there might not be, it's no big deal to ask OP for some clarification.

I imagine the same holds true for 1/8 vs 1/4 mile drag racing as well as for the longer 1/2 mile and mile events.

I do think that the corner-carver section needs to include discussions concerning open road events like the Silver State Classic belong there, as the preparation of cars for that kind of event is essentially that of a road race car. The section description should probably itemize this as well.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #24
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Let me clarify something - I don't think that these two sections need to be subordinate to a single top-level section as the "Dragstrip, Tracking, Autocrossing, Driving Techniques Discussions" section currently stands. Just put them both as top-level sections to avoid unnecessary drilling down the section structure for all concerned. It'll help newbies to either topic actually find these places.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #25
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
+1! Corner carvers and Straight line titles only would be good.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:07 PM   #26
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Sooooo..... can we look forward to this in the near future?

Name:  blues_brothersbananas.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  52.9 KB

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #27
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
The 2 sections one for straight one for twisties would be nice. Might get some more road racers/track Dayers out of the woodworks.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #28
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
This is needed for sure!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote