Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #239
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
Glad to see they are adding the camera option to more than just the ZL1. Not crazy about the center portion of the steering wheel, I like the center of the old style but not the overly chunky outer rim and spokes. Black metallic looks good too. I saw a few people meentioned LS7 concept wheels??? Did I miss something? I hadn't heard anything about that! I think the 45 badges are a little busy (too many) for my taste anyway but cool options and upgrades. Plan on ordering a 2012 early next year, hopefully they have a track pack LS7, that would be sweet!
For those of you confused by the LS7 concept wheels remarks, here you go.

Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #240
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
I love the new rearview camera feature!!

It would be awesome if it can be added as an accessory later on!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #241
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbsp View Post
While theres bits of the 45th I love (stitching, decal, panel insert) i'd oh so dearely love it in IOM, could even live with the black leather

Just wondering if were going to get some more pics of the new 2012 interior on a standard camaro (not the 45th) as id like to see some more detail around the interior changes, only thing I dont like is the steering wheel, I'd like to get the one that says Camaro on it, option maybe? Failing that anyone know how hard it is to change out the steering wheel (cover)?
not to troll but I WANT YER ****ING FALCON!!! i looove those cars!! VERY RARE!! damn austrailia and new zealand!!
SteveRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #242
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
any wonder GM sent out a cease and desist letter to the guy(s) who were trying to build and sell a copy of the LS7 wheel design.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #243
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........don't think so!

A lot of things are different. The list of unique parts is substantial.

now - had we actually used the Cruze steering wheel and 'tweeked' the suspension and added some stiches - but that would not be appropriate for a 45th anniversary edition........the car is too legendary.

I do recall some saying that the 35th was a waste of money......we agreed to build 3,000 for the U.S. -- and they sold out in less than a month........

I guess it all resides in the eye of the beholder.

Question: What would YOU have done for a 45th?

Our fbodfather,
which art in Detroit,
hallowed be thy name;
thy design come;
thy Camaro be done,
on earth as it is in concept.

Overall, I say well done! I'm not a big anniversary edition guy but the stitching, stripes, badging, and interior touches I like. IMHO the only thing I would have done different for the 45th is a modified grill (not the heritage) and limited production numbers. What that number is I couldn't guess. But then again, that's why you get paid to do what you do and we thank you.

For the 2012 Camaro changes.....I love it. I'm in Iraq right now and I've been waiting to see what was coming for 2012 to decide if I was going to order a late build 2011 or try to have a 2012 waiting when I get back in September.

I have my answer now....it's a 2012 2LT/RS for me. I can't wait to see what else is in store for the '12 Camaro!
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #244
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
for the V6 I would have lots of gears options and a turbo/twin-turbo/supercharger option. so many people want these as options and are turning to the aftermarket to get these when it could be a wicked option from the factory for the 45th.

And we would like to do that as well........

(...........and I'd like a date with Daisy Fuentes or Sandy Bullock, too!)

Here's the issue with lots of gear options and turbos and superchargers........

We have three different Emissions Systems we must meet for the U.S. alone......

Federal
Northeast States
California

You need to meet emissions standards for each driveline combination.

That means that you have to validate to those standards.

(........do you hear that cash register going "ca-ching" in the background?)

What you're asking for is performance upgrades - but not every Camaro owner wants performance upgrades........the whole idea behind an Anniversary Model is to be recognizable - and to celebrate the heritage of the brand............

..........and thus, we have given you a lot of appearance items to set this Camaro apart from others...........
Old 04-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #245
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
]

*takes a deep breath*

I don't want this to sound like I'm flaming you........

BUT-- every one of the disciples is known in their community. Webmasters, moderators, web owners, club presidents, and all of them are on the internet constantly. They represent all 4 generations of camaro - plus Firebird, and Corvette. 8 men, 7 women - from all over the U.S. and Canada. And they are constantly talking with fellow enthusiasts.....and many of them are talking to competitor owners........NONE of them are 'bashful' Show me another automotive manufacturer that has done this.......

ON TOP OF THAT......

Extreme number of Focus Groups as well as "Garage Visits'

I've had gatherings of Camaro/Firebird people at dozens of autoshows - allowing people to ask questions and give us feedback........

The Camaro Team is on this and many other sites - most of them are invisible...... Me invisible? Not so much.

If you think that we're going to learn tons more by talking to every owner.....I think you're mistaken in the larger sense. Yes, we'll get 'ones and twos' of issues - but at some point you reach the law of diminishing returns.

As I type this, I'm in Chandler awaiting a whole buncha Camaro people to arrive - and there are 5 more of the Camaro Team on their way......we'll spend the weekend talking with enthusiasts - as we do thru-out the year.........

Soooooooooooo - for the love of all that's good and great - tell me how we are not LISTENING to the Customer.....I'm begging you to help me understand this...........

If you show me another company that approaches what we do.......I'll send you my first-born...........

Sorry to sound a bit 'terse' -- but I spend nearly EVERY day of the year talking to our customers..........

well see in my eyes, this is the problem. You are only talking to and getting feedback from car enthusiast. Its like your wife asking, hey do i look fat in these jeans. Not that feedback from enthusiasts is bad, its prob most important but shouldnt be the only source. From what i see this is the only source chevy cares to listen to.

I specifically remember someone saying the reason we didnt have a nav screen in the camaro was from feedback from the disciples (correct me if im wrong). But if GM would of asked the general public im pretty certain they would have gotten a different response.

All of the people who have bought the new camaro, are not all camaro enthusiasts, but these are the people who are responsible for the huge sales of this car. Those people need a voice and using onstar is way to give them one. They arent going to car shows or signing up at car websites. But they love there new camaro just the same. They wanted power passenger seats just the same as we did.

now im not trying to downplay anything that you do on a daily basis, i personally think its great and maybe some day ill have a chance to chat it up with you at a car meet. But i think chevy also needs to listen to the other segment of people who buy there cars, not just those who already love them. Not just those who owned every previous camaro etc. Sure at some point you reach diminishing returns, but we havnt reached that point yet. And having more customer feedback data is never a bad idea.

And what im talking about here is in fact "data" not just talking to people and getting a idea what people are thinking about. There is a difference in saying 30% of our customers in this region dont like this feature than saying most of the people i talk to dont like this, no matter how many people you talk to. Having access to a larger pot of data will give you broader perspective and see things previously unseen.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #246
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
also Mr settlemire is very open with the camaro fanbase.. when i sent him an e-mail first.. i NEVER expected to get a return reply.. it made my day!! Everyday the Camaro team goes to work thinking of new an innovative things to bring to us the buyer, when the camaro discontinued in 2002 no one thought it would make sucha comeback!! but its here.. and its killing stangs and challengers in sales.. to each there own of course but not everyone is gonna like everythign about a car.. but... if you try to please everyone.. someone's not going to like it..
SteveRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #247
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Those changes seem to be exactly what the Camaro needed. Though I do wish they had kept the old steering wheel. I know all the magazines hated it, but I always liked that part of the car.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #248
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
Those changes seem to be exactly what the Camaro needed. Though I do wish they had kept the old steering wheel. I know all the magazines hated it, but I always liked that part of the car.
Idk that steering wheel is growing on me... quickly...
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #249
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumix View Post
I can't believe how many of you are so willing to sell your cars for a few simple changes...many of which are a step in the wrong direction. You're going to take a bath on your trade in, and still have about the same car. After all...11 horsepower really ain't no big whoop.
I went by my local dealer today (Classic Chevrolet) to look at the new camaros. They had 76 of them on the lot...more on the used lot...and probably more in the back. There were 7 convertibles and 4 red jewel tint coupes. By far, the most rare camaro was the 1LT...which they had exactly 1.
These cars are common now, so don't expect too much for a trade in.
I look at the enthusiasts reaction here as a sign that Chevrolet not only improved the 2012 model but also got this special edition right.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #250
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
I say congrats to GM, Fbodfather and all the GM deciples in listening and acting within the allowed parameters forced upon them by our goverments.
I as well have likes and dislikes about the 45 Annv. edition but they are small in the grand scheme of things.
Also like most of our 10/11's if we don't like something we Mod it
DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #251
wise

Drives: 1SS/1LE
Scott,

I have a few questions if you have a minute to answer them.

Will the 'SS' still be embroidered into the headrest of 1SS and 2SS cars, and will there be any kind of SS embelm on the new steering wheel, as there was on the 10-11 one?

Will models not fitted with the 45th anniversary packages still have some kind of 45th emblem or embroidary somewhere on the car? (My '97 Z28 has the 30th anniversary on the headrests of the leather seats and in the center of the rear seatback. Not a special 30th anniversary car either, just a plain Z28.)

What material will be on the dash of LS, 1LT, and 1SS cars? (It appears to be leather on the 2LT pictured, but I'm just curious as I plan on ordering a 1SS.)

RJT is the only color being removed for the 2012 MY, correct?

Last question, Will there be a difference in MSRP for the 2012 MY?

The car looks awesome. I've gotta say nice job to the design team and all those involved with accomplishing the minor changes. You've made up my mind for me. I planned on ordering this summer or spring and I've decided I'll wait until June now to place my order for a 2012 1SS.

-Brett
Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #252
fxrsliberty

Drives: Silver and Black -2lt
5 like the steering wheel, I would gladly upgrade my 1lt for this!!!!
fxrsliberty is offline   Reply With Quote