Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #57
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Nightfall, I just looked through some documentation and found a diagnosis guideline for vibrations in the driveline/transmission which should help in pinning down what you and others are experienceing. You may want to check in with your dealership and see if you can reproduce the vibration for them and see if they know of this document. Unfortunately I can't get any more specific than "this document". I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #58
QBert
Traction Control Hater

Drives: 1968 SS and 2010 SS
Have the dealership check the driveshaft bolts. Mine have loosened or removed themselves a couple times. It starts as a slight vibration and will only get worse.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #59
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Nightfall, I just looked through some documentation and found a diagnosis guideline for vibrations in the driveline/transmission which should help in pinning down what you and others are experienceing. You may want to check in with your dealership and see if you can reproduce the vibration for them and see if they know of this document. Unfortunately I can't get any more specific than "this document". I hope that helps you.

"this document" so i go into my dealer and go i know "this document" about driveline/transmission? weird lol im confused on what i should talk to my dealer about

and i have brought it in once befor acouple weeks ago and one of there techs drove with me and he felt it too and i brought it back down acouple days later to have it checked out

they ran a full test on it he sereched for recall parts ect ect found nothing

then they had a white 1LT RS on the lot i took that out for a test drive and felt the same vibration but not nearly as bad as on mine so its a mystery

so what would you suggest if i brought it back to the dealer to ask or tell them to look for?

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #60
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I would say to ask them to go through their diagnosis procedures and vibration checklists to see if they can't turn something up by going through and checking it over thoroughly. If you would like I could make a call to your dealer to try and discuss it with them to see if they could go through the document an your vehicle. All I would need is your name phone number and their phone number. I hope this helps.

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 AM   #61
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Still monitoring this thread for anything new resolution-wise to the high speed vibration. TIA!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:44 PM   #62
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
I had this issue also., what I did was rebalance my wheels 3 times. It ended up being, that the wheel balancing machine needed to be re-callibrated. And now I don't have any vibrations at any speeds. I have after market wheels too.
My ride only has 6900 miles on it, and my dealership is in the oppisite direction of my emplyoer. I hate going to the dealership even though mine is great. I got tired of waiting around for you guys to figure this out so I took it to the dealership.

I didn't have to have mine balanced 3 times Stephens, only 2 times. FINALLY no more vibes. Dealership road forced balanced, checked run-out finding no problems. Went for a test drive, problem was slightly worse. Told them to do it again, problem gone! Weight must have fell off the first time. Smooth as silk.

The above 70 mph vibration issue in the seat and sterring wheel is a balancing issue. Hope this helps someone else out there.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #63
ljones

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Hmmm, lets see it this matches up with anyone that drove down I-95 to South Dixie in Miami.

I get a swaying feeling on a few spots, before the exit for Key Biscayne and after that exit is one of the area. THe area between the interstates to Miami Beach has a few areas as well.

Its like a drifting feeling, which makes me turn off the radio to listen for any and all sounds. I need to take my car in, but thats not happening until some time in October.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #64
Crystal_Red_SS

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat 2SS/RS
I have a brand spanking new 2012 2SS/RS L99 with 421 miles and the vibration is between 40-50 mph. It's not AFM (don't ask how I know). Taking to dealer tomorrow. I agree with one of the other posters. For a car that costs this much, it shouldn't be vibrating.
Crystal_Red_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #65
Gator Nation

Drives: 1995 Dodge Ram V10 35" Boggers
Lol my truck does this, but I have also been told it could be the transmissions slipping, so hopefully they don't all have transmission issues lol.... I also have 35" super swampers which I have tore up so it could be that but when it starts vibrating floor it and it goes away or let off the gas and it goes away??? Ps i have a old dodge ram not even a chevy lol, workin on my Camaro though =]
Gator Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #66
davidmk001

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1SS
I would just like to follow up here..

This issue on the L99 (automatic cars) is according to GM said to be a result of the AFM (active fuel management). I was able to get them to find something in their system about this. The bulletin no. is #06-06-05-001E.

I am sorry I am unable to post it but maybe a google search will turn this up?

Anyhow, it explains how vehicles with the V8 auto will experience a roughness, rough ride, vibration in seat, car or rear view mirror when this happens. May also be felt in the floor pan, gas pedal or steering wheel. There is also a notable change in the exhaust note when the AFM kicks in and drops it down to 4cyl mode.

Outcome is the good 'ol this is normal and there is nothing to be worried about. They're not addressing this with any type of fix. This to me in BS! Like I am happy that I was able to find out this is the AFM system and not a tranny issue or something but, really!? How do other manufactures find a way to make this vibration non-existent in their products ? Apparently this is not noticed in the Silverado for example with the 5.3L which also uses AFM technology to save fuel.

Point being is it's pretty ridiculous, especially since I really love the car and the thrill of driving it. When this vibration kicks in I feel it up my spine (so to speak) and it really does take a lot away from the driving experience. It's really too bad.

I hope this helps some of you who are noticing this in terms of having an answer on what it was you've been experiencing.
davidmk001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #67
Ralphdss

Drives: SIM 1SS/RS
Had a 2011 1LT auto trans and it had the vibration traded for a 2012 1SS and no vibration.
Ralphdss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #68
davidmk001

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Did you trade up just for the SS, or due to the vibration ?
davidmk001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #69
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Noticed the problem on the test drive between 55 -60 MPH, and noted it on the delivery paperwork. The car was just built in February.
Very slight shimmy in the steering wheel.
By the time I drove it 50 miles home, it had disappeared.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #70
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Have not experienced this on my Camaro, but on another car it came down to crappy tires. Not even road force balancing would make it go away, but all is well with new tires.

As for flat spotting of OEM P-zeros: nonsense. My Camaro has sat through three winters, not moving for 6 months, and flat spotting goes away after a few hundred yards.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote