Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #519
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
At 12-15% you will be as fat as me. lol
Nobody is as fat as you!
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #520
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Nobody is as fat as you!

Oh man, that's cruel. I promised I would post a pic Saturday on my 58th birthday but now I may not. I'm just finishing a bulk and am at 15%, I don't want to get picked on. LOL
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #521
bubsy73

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
There is a lot more info needed because I don't see how what you listed could be 1350 cals unless you're eating one real big meal for dinner. If you could give us a little bit of an idea of your daily schedule and a more accurate foods list then suggestions can be made but from what I can see your diet needs an overhaul.
Here's a few screenshots from yesterday
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359046688.257527.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  152.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359046701.457493.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  145.4 KB

Hope this works.
Light house cleaning is equivalent to what I do at work, though this week I'm sorting parcels for half my shift. Can range from small parcels light in weight to rather large weighing over 60 lbs.
The calorie burn for walking I found that calculation on a google search.
Thanks for your guidance, I'll admit I'm clueless to eating properly....

I wake up around 330am and eat breakfast, have shower and leave for work at 430am
Work 5am-9am had half the recorded crispy baguette bites for break.
Once I was home around 930am I strapped on mailbag and used treadmill for an hour at 3.0 setting
After that I drank a 591ml bottle of Gatorade, and ate the turkey sandwich and almonds and Hershey kiss cause I figured I could afford it, lol

Around 2 I had the bacon dippers and started cooking dinner and at dinner around 530.
I had the other half of crispy baguette bites and Pepsi max at 8 and went to bed at 930pm.

Hope that covers it.
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #522
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post
Here's a few screenshots from yesterday
Attachment 465494Attachment 465495

Hope this works.
Light house cleaning is equivalent to what I do at work, though this week I'm sorting parcels for half my shift. Can range from small parcels light in weight to rather large weighing over 60 lbs.
The calorie burn for walking I found that calculation on a google search.
Thanks for your guidance, I'll admit I'm clueless to eating properly....

I wake up around 330am and eat breakfast, have shower and leave for work at 430am
Work 5am-9am had half the recorded crispy baguette bites for break.
Once I was home around 930am I strapped on mailbag and used treadmill for an hour at 3.0 setting
After that I drank a 591ml bottle of Gatorade, and ate the turkey sandwich and almonds and Hershey kiss cause I figured I could afford it, lol

Around 2 I had the bacon dippers and started cooking dinner and at dinner around 530.
I had the other half of crispy baguette bites and Pepsi max at 8 and went to bed at 930pm.

Hope that covers it.

It kinda covers it. lol

The log shows grams per item and cals but not macro's. Some say caloric intake is what matters but I disagree somewhat, the macro breakdowns are important, Carbs, proteins and fats.

Generally speaking, starchy carbs should be eaten earlier in the day, fiberous later in the day. Protein should be eaten at every meal and although fruits are healthy they should be somewhat limited to a couple of servings per day and preferably from whole fruits, not canned. Whole fruits have a higher fiber content which is important.

Also some of the items you listed I'm not familiar with so the ingredients are also important.

The calorie burn for walking looks like it's about right but the calorie burn for work seems a bit high especially if it's something you do often as the body adapts to all exercise and it becomes less effective.

On the log you posted I see arrows to expand the items but they do not function here, when expanded does it give a further breakdown of the carb, protein and fat content? If so, that would be a big help.

Also as I suspected your dinner is a large portion of your cals, it shouldn't be. Eating a lot of cals at night does very little to fuel your body but in fact will most likely be converted to fat and stored that way.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #523
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I agree. But excess calories is what leads to new mass. And if I don't do a cutting routine at all for the next 12 months, extra bodyfat is unavoidable. If I manage to put on 40 pounds, It would be a safe bet that anywhere between 10 and 15 pounds of that will be from fat.

I also hate the process of maintaining the chiseled abs look, and I can only mentally tolerate it for so long. 12-15% BF is still very healthy for a male, and if I only gain 10-15 pounds of fat over a year, I can get rid of that in 8 weeks or so. What I don't want to do is stress putting on some fat at the cost of putting on muscle at too slow of a rate. I mean if I wanted to, I could probably shoot for 20 pounds over the next year, and only gain 4-5 pounds of fat. While that's appealing, I can live with the additonal fat.

I still only do 1 cheat meal a week when i'm trying to put on weight. But I eat other things that, while not "cheat" meals, are still things I don't eat when I'm cutting. Fattier red meat (like the 80/20), peanut butter (more often), and fattier foods in general (more dairy). I still eat the same kinds of carbs, just a lot more of them. Brown rice, whole wheat pasta... same things I eat when I'm cutting. Just in bigger amounts. But trying to hit 3500-4000 calories a day eating whole foods is really hard for me.

And the last thing that I eat is Snickers. Every day after the gym with my protein shake. I never do that when I cut, but I desire the insulin spike after I lift, and it satisfies my sweet tooth
One thing I've learned of the past years of doing this is that everybody's body is different. I can pretty easily maintain 9% bodyfat without too much effort. My problem is it's very hard for me to put on muscle so I have to work twice as hard for that where some folks just bulk up no problem.

I gotta admit, I do like running the big muscle heads off when they try to work in with me. I keep adding weight and they get embarrassed when they can't keep up and say they'll just come back. I'm small, but strong Must be a muscle fiber type thing or something.

I gotta admit, I would trade some strength for more size though

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #524
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
One thing I've learned of the past years of doing this is that everybody's body is different. I can pretty easily maintain 9% bodyfat without too much effort. My problem is it's very hard for me to put on muscle so I have to work twice as hard for that where some folks just bulk up no problem.

I gotta admit, I do like running the big muscle heads off when they try to work in with me. I keep adding weight and they get embarrassed when they can't keep up and say they'll just come back. I'm small, but strong Must be a muscle fiber type thing or something.

You younger guy's are lucky. I can't do anything easy lol

If I cut I loose strength more quickly than fat, if I pig out I gain strength rather quickly but not as quick as my belly, anything in between and I stagnate. Must be an age thing.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #525
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
You younger guy's are lucky. I can't do anything easy lol

If I cut I loose strength more quickly than fat, if I pig out I gain strength rather quickly but not as quick as my belly, anything in between and I stagnate. Must be an age thing.
Well, I gotta say...I'm in the best shape of my life and I'm 37. At 25 I was 124 lbs of nothing.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #526
CFD

Quote:
Well, I gotta say...I'm in the best shape of my life and I'm 37. At 25 I was 124 lbs of nothing.
I can't say that I'm in the best shape of my life. Untill I got married at 42 I was always 165 with a 29" waste. Marriage definately changed that rather quickly, after getting divorced it escalated. Now at 58 I'm 176 with a 31" waist but deffinately the most muscular I've ever been but it has not been easy getting here, wait untill you're my age, you will see. lol
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #527
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
I can't say that I'm in the best shape of my life. Untill I got married at 42 I was always 165 with a 29" waste. Marriage definately changed that rather quickly, after getting divorced it escalated. Now at 58 I'm 176 with a 31" waist but deffinately the most muscular I've ever been but it has not been easy getting here, wait untill you're my age, you will see. lol

Boy isn't that the truth. I've never been stronger, but
trying to lose the weight and just exercise in general is
tough. Best to start young and keep it up

165.2 this AM - I feel better
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #528
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

Yes, it's much easier if you stay in shape. Believe me I know, when I first started getting back in shape,I'm embarassed to say, I was at 235.

When do you normally do your weigh ins?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #529
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

Remember this?

I've been told 1200. I'm 53 years old,
exercise3 days a week, otherwise basically
a desk job. 5'6" and 170 lbs. Haven't changed
weight in 3-4 years.

What do you think?

What do I think you asked, FANTASTIC.

5lbs in roughly 2 1/2 weeks, you're eating much healthier and getting stronger. I think you're right on target
Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #530
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:

yeah see I'm the complete opposite. For me to get and stay under 10% is constant work and monitoring. When it comes to putting on size though, that isn't as hard. The only disadvantage with a body type that bulks easily, is that it stores fat easily too. When cutting season comes, I'm envious of your body type.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #531
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Yes, it's much easier if you stay in shape. Believe me I know, when I first started getting back in shape,I'm embarassed to say, I was at 235.

When do you normally do your weigh ins?

Wed am before I leave to work out.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #532
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Oh hello! I'm not dead! I'm kinda going through this no electronic phase, weird I know... But its sort of refreshing. I just wanted ya'll to know that I am still going to crossfit and doing my thing. Haven't forgotten you.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote