Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #85
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Went to the drag strip today and my wife had a good day. The track seemed like it gripped better but I still can't get a good 60' foot time. We might be going back on Friday or Sunday and keep practicing to get better. Did have fun though, our friend took some good pictures. Have to wait till he can send them to me before I can post them.

I did teach my wife how to launch better. I red-lighted once and I got too conservative on my reaction time after that.

Wife is #841, I am #842. The first launch I was spinning like crazy, it got to the point where the computer cut power. After that I eased into it more, but think I can hit it harder. Have to keep practicing to find that sweet spot.

The 3rd run was where I wish I had a video of it. We were neck and neck that one.

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...2012&time=2:35 PM

Here, the DA was ~1500... If you put your times in then you can get some corrcted figures.

Nice runs though!
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #86
t-ray

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
So she ran in the left lane *every* run? At every TnT session I've attended, the left lane is worse for traction. You guys need to swap out lanes.

I still cannot fathom cutting 2.4 and 2.5 sixty foots consistently. Is there a bunch of wheelhop, or too much spin? Traction control on or off? Is she flashing the converter or just leaving at idle? What about tire pressures?

One positive is that she has higher traps for nearly every run.
t-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #87
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray View Post
So she ran in the left lane *every* run? At every TnT session I've attended, the left lane is worse for traction. You guys need to swap out lanes.

I still cannot fathom cutting 2.4 and 2.5 sixty foots consistently. Is there a bunch of wheelhop, or too much spin? Traction control on or off? Is she flashing the converter or just leaving at idle? What about tire pressures?

One positive is that she has higher traps for nearly every run.
She likes the left lane, offered to swap but she wants to stay. I don't think it matters too much, people say the track has bad traction, if we went somewhere else we could shave 0.5 seconds off.

I actually don't know what our tire pressures were, I didn't have a gauge or anything with me. On Friday night I will try recording her run to hear what she is doing to see if I can figure out how to get her 60' time down. The best I've gotten is 2.2, but I have no clue how I did it.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #88
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
the track definitely isn't the best to run at, but thankfully it is cheap. best 60' I cut in my 1LS there when I had it was 2.311 (BF Goodrich T/A tires, stock steelies). I couldn't load any RPMs at all, way too much spin and at one point, hop. I started running better leaving from almost idle without trying to bog the engine when using the clutch.

I don't remember, but did you have PZeros on yours? If so, I would definitely suggest trying lowering the tire pressure down.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #89
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
the track definitely isn't the best to run at, but thankfully it is cheap. best 60' I cut in my 1LS there when I had it was 2.311 (BF Goodrich T/A tires, stock steelies). I couldn't load any RPMs at all, way too much spin and at one point, hop. I started running better leaving from almost idle without trying to bog the engine when using the clutch.

I don't remember, but did you have PZeros on yours? If so, I would definitely suggest trying lowering the tire pressure down.
We both have PZero's All-Season. Mine are almost 3 years old and will need to be replaced next year.

Going to try to remember to take my tire inflator next time so I can deflate and inflate my tires.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #90
MagnumForceGB

Here are some of the pictures my friend took.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #91
MagnumForceGB

Went down to Thunder Valley last night for possibly our final run of the year. I removed my subwoofer and spare tire from my trunk and also put my IAT sensor back in the stock location. I managed to get a 2.194 60' time, but at the end of the night it seems like I was losing top end power. The DA was around 2300-2500 all night, high humidity since we have a storm coming in. I won 4 out of 7 runs and I never lifted to let my wife win.

Bought a GoPro Hero 3 silver on Tuesday and put it on my rear window. For some reason I hit the record button for the first 2 runs but it only recorded 40 seconds worth. I missed our closest finish on the 2nd run, 0.0096. Next time we go we are going to switch cars for a few runs to see if I can find out how to launch hers.

We also did 2 runs not together, she raced a truck and a 2010 Mustang GT stock. The owner was real cool, we talked for a while. He was amazed that my wife's Mustang can trap higher then his GT does. I raced against one of our Camaro groups husband's MazdaSpeed 3. First time I got him because he wheel hopped badly off the line. Second time I got ahead, then his little car got speed and started pulling away from me.

Can't wait for next year.

Here is last 5 runs we did together. I think its grainy because it was dark. Still trying to play around with the camera to figure out the best settings. I also used the open back on the case, they did a pretty good job of reducing wind noise.

Here are our timeslips for the 7 runs we did together.
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #92
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I went myself last night. Got there around 10pm. Yeah, DA was crap. It was like 2500. I swear I'm not going there any more. I found out that Tulsa's elevation is 500ft below Thunders so I'm going there for now on. It didnt mater how much I heated up my DR's I couldnt load up the converter or I would just spin badly. Had to leave off idle every run and only managed a 12.4 like 3 times and a 12.5 a couple times with a 1.8 60ft. The 1 time I tried to leave off the converter I got like a 2.9 60ft. The track prep is not good and the DA is always worse.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #93
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Always neck and neck! Looks like a great time!

Too bad about the track prep and the DA!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #94
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
I went myself last night. Got there around 10pm. Yeah, DA was crap. It was like 2500. I swear I'm not going there any more. I found out that Tulsa's elevation is 500ft below Thunders so I'm going there for now on. It didnt mater how much I heated up my DR's I couldnt load up the converter or I would just spin badly. Had to leave off idle every run and only managed a 12.4 like 3 times and a 12.5 a couple times with a 1.8 60ft. The 1 time I tried to leave off the converter I got like a 2.9 60ft. The track prep is not good and the DA is always worse.
We left around 9:30, the wait was too long to go down the track. Doesn't help when cars are breaking down. Need to figure out how long it would take to get to Tulsa's drag strip and back, see if we can even do it without leaving our dogs locked up too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Always neck and neck! Looks like a great time!

Too bad about the track prep and the DA!
Wife is having tons of fun now that she stands a chance. I'm pretty amazed how well the Mustang mods compared to my Camaro. I may need to switch tuners just to get some more speed out of the car, seems like in 3rd gear I lost power from my previous tune.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #95
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Wife is having tons of fun now that she stands a chance. I'm pretty amazed how well the Mustang mods compared to my Camaro. I may need to switch tuners just to get some more speed out of the car, seems like in 3rd gear I lost power from my previous tune.
IPF tuning has a thread that has gotten pretty popular in the Sponsors section under V6 bolt ons and tunes. If they can do what they are claiming, it would be a home run. Check it out sometime.

EDIT: Nevermind...I see you found it already lol.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #96
jlawrence613

Drives: 2011 V6 Premium Mustang
Trap speed tells the story there. Is your wife still on the stock 2.73 gears?

I think I may have asked you before, but what has been her launch proceedure? Her 60' are incredibly high. Even if she cut consitant 2.2-ish 60', She would be in the low 14's with that trap speed.

I posted a link to this before, invest in these for her for next season.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-p...ling-arms.html

I cut 2.0x 60' with these. She should be close with the stock gearing.

Glad you guys are having fun together.
Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, Airaid CAI, Boss 302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 2010 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555, BBK Longtube Headers O/R X-pipe Up next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Mustang GT 2.75" Overaxle pipe.
2011 Ford Mustang V6: 13.258 @ 107.45 MPH Uncorrected
jlawrence613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #97
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post

I think I may have asked you before, but what has been her launch proceedure? Her 60' are incredibly high. Even if she cut consitant 2.2-ish 60', She would be in the low 14's with that trap speed.

+1, you only won because of the consistent .2-.3 advantage in the 60`
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #98
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post

Wife is still has her 2.73's. Won't be upgrading those until we move into our own house.

I don't know what she does exactly, but I know that traction control is left on. Next time we plan on swapping rides for a few passes to see if there is anything I can do. I leave traction control on in the Camaro because I think the computer applies brakes if it detects wheel spin and if it keeps up it then reduces power. I don't think she is loading the torque converter either.

That is on the short list of things to buy, especially since the 3.73's will make wheel hop noticable. What about the BMR LCA's and the relocation kit? I have BMR stuff on the Camaro and like their products. I don't mind spending extra money either, helps having no kids.

Also the first 2 runs and the last run were with the 91 Performance tune, the middle runs were with the Race tune. Doesn't seem like there was much difference between the 2.

We are having fun doing this, but we have to come up with rules on determining who won the night of racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
+1, you only won because of the consistent .2-.3 advantage in the 60`
I'll take it, her reaction time has gotten alot better after I told her to just watch the 3rd yellow light and hit the gas when it lights up. If she can get her 60' time down she might need a helmet.

As for my times, I'm either going to get a new tuner or go to the tune I had before this one. On June 29th I ran a 14.635 @ 96.95 with the DA of 4158. Then on November 9th I run a 14.501 @ 97.39 with a DA of 2562. Both those times are not corrected. The only changes were the tune, ported throttle body and oil change.

BAMA tuning did a good job with her Mustang's tune, and the sound it makes now is awesome, very aggressive.