Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 03-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #15
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
Are you going to have to drive through the carport to get to garage? It is hard to tell where you property lines are.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARYSSS View Post
Are you going to have to drive through the carport to get to garage? It is hard to tell where you property lines are.
Yeah, we will have to play musical cars sometimes but then we already do that now so there is not really going to be a difference in that. You can drive around the side of the fence but that is messing up the grass & we will probably stop doing that after the garage is finished. Our son will be off to the military by then too so we won't have the POS Neon in the driveway just the Crossfire & Yukon.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
That is going to be really sharp. Maybe a big Camaro flag on the wall inside!
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #18
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
What type of gravel is in your driveway? I can get white rock cheap, but it doesn't pack very well.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #19
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
What type of gravel is in your driveway? I can get white rock cheap, but it doesn't pack very well.
looks like #467 or 67 washed stone hard to tell from the pic.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #20
RubyCamaro
Jan

It is just medium sized limestone gravel. Originally we put some crusher run gravel then some larger size in the back & smaller from the carport foward. But the builders had to bring in 2 big dump truck loads back there to level it up. And Now we have a concrete slab!
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #21
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Looking Good.......Keep it wet and let it dry slowly..It will help with any cracking.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #22
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Looking Good.......Keep it wet and let it dry slowly..It will help with any cracking.
He is spot on Ruby. You can run a sprinkler on it and help your concrete in the long run.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Old 03-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #23
RubyCamaro
Jan

God has been taking care of that for us! It rained a lot the next day & the second day. Chance of rain again the next 2 days. How long does it need to be kept wet?
Old 03-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
RubyCamaro
Jan

It rained hard again today. I guess somebody up there is taking care of our concrete for us.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #25
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
Ruby it is starting to take shape. Looks like they messed up the grass going around the fence pretty good. You might want to think about having them level it out when they are done and put some gravel done so you don't have to go through the carport to get in and out of garage. Actually I would have already put some walls around carport and door on the front and have 2 garages.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #26
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Concrete is strange stuff in that it will actually cure under water and keeps gaining strength for years after it is strong enough to use. If memory serves most places say to wet it down for about a week and then you can continue building, but it takes longer than that before you should drive on it! Anybody remember the times? I know it varies with type of concrete and thickness, but I am not remembering good.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #27
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Ruby, your garage is starting to look real nice. I can't wait to see it when it's done.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #28
RubyCamaro
Jan

I hope the framers will show up this week since we finally are going to have some pretty weather. We went out & bought a outdoor fountain that we plan to put in between the garage doors. I wish I had thought to take my camera to take a pic of the one on display but we had no idea we were going to buy it. It is one of those things you just have to see to get it but the color & shape of it made it just look like it needed to be there. We also looked at different ideas for floor coverings, wall coverings, etc. As for the trenches the concrete truck made in the side yard, well part of that is our property & part our neighbors. We had talked to her before starting the project & she had no problem with it getting messed up but of course it will get fixed afterword. Unfortunately driving around the carport on a regular basis or making that part of the driveway is not an option. The whole driveway will eventually also be concrete. We are accustomed to playing musical cars so no biggie for us. BTW, a nice option is that the builder thought we needed 10' wide doors so we had less worries about parking our babies! Obviously, we loved that idea. Only thing is that will move the "people" door to the side which we don't mind.