Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 06-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #43
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
64.6 liters of Ultra94 just cost me $102.47

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #44
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
HAHAHA THE GOVERNMENT.... A.K.A MAFIA
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #45
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
I just called ESSO. They only have the 93 in Toronto for now...
Damn thats unfortunate.

I dont live in Toronto but I am in the GTA and I've found most stations in MY area have the 93, but some that are a little further away dont.

I just put U94 in my car last night since I was no where near an esso and needed gas....I can already feel the engine running ever so slightly rougher...like, you know the normal LS3 'shiver' ? With U94, it shivers a little more then it does on Esso 93.

Also, when I fill my tank with 93, my Distance to empty is usually between 490-530km's (depending on how hard i drove the previous fill up) and with the U94... Distance to empty now reads 440 something...

Just more proof that Ultra94 doesnt last as long..

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #46
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
When I moved to Canada in 2003, of course experienced gas sticker shock based on what I had been paying in Dallas during 2002-03 but after a few years working the Middle East (2000-02) where I paid 55-cents per gallon, also had sticker shock when I moved back to the states.

I tried to justify high price of fuel in Canada...high taxes help support many social services. 2004 invested in Canada oil stocks. Tried to convince myself as fuel prices rose, so did my stock investment. My 'glass half full' view changed about 2006 when I realized Canada was so oil rich but exporting Canada oil to China. Yes, we have the oil but do not have the refineries to change oil to gasoline. Same problem in the US, they have the oil but not the refineries. North America has more than enough oil reserves to make us independent, but the North American oil companies make more profit exporting our natural resources (oil) then investing in new refineries to change oil to gasoline. If you have been following North American oil companies profits for the last ten years or so, their profits are obscene but both Canada & the US government's have continued not to regulate the oil company's massive windfall profits since the 1970s.

Currently there are no oil shortages in North America, just limited new investments to refine the oil for domestic use. This current hike in gasoline prices is because of the uncertainty of continued oil exports from Iraq. Prices up due to 'oil futures' speculation there might be a shortage. This has happened time and again for decades, fear of a future oil shortage, prices climb, no shortage, oil company's windfall profits are not invested in domestic refineries to change raw oil to gasoline, yet after the fear of shortages, prices are never reduced back to 'before' fear of shortage. Result, year after year a fear of oil shortage, prices increase, no oil shortage, prices somewhat reduce but still remain a little higher then before the last current fear of a shortage.

You will continue to pay more at the pump because the US & Canada governments refuse to regulate the export of North American oil. The US & Canada combined has the oil reserves to make North America independent of importing oil from the Middle East. At some point in time you might ask yourself why since the 1970s our politicians refuse to regulate the massive profits made by oil companies exporting our natural resources?

Use my 'aeroplan' Visa credit card so the more I spend at the pump, more air miles I rack up. Only problem is the more I spend at the pump, less money I have to travel/fly anywhere. Any of you folks that might consider trading your current Camaro for a future GM model, see if MasterCard still offers a GM card. I had a GM MasterCard for about four years before I bought my 2011 back in 2010. My GM credits amounted to $2,500 deducted from the MSRP of my Camaro.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote