Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-16-2013, 05:25 AM   #57
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Hotchkis problems solved... just saying
Are you running their new competition sways for the 2013? I have electronic steering and their new sways were not ready at the time I purchased my Pfadts. Also, on their site it shows the new sways with bushings and rear end links, but, no front end links. The front bar is not adjustable like the Pfadt, and I could not find 2013/Fe4 front end links for the Hotchkis. Would the 2011-12 front endlinks work on a 2013?
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #58
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
I was wondering about a sleeve myself. Mike said he needed to talk to Pfadt about their front end links and suggest some changes. He's so busy I am not sure he got around to it. Maybe you should give him a call.
He's busy alright. The new Pfadt links were to have addressed this issue but guesss they didnt?
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #59
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
He's busy alright. The new Pfadt links were to have addressed this issue but guesss they didnt?
Mine came with the new ones and he told me that even if the top bolt was the same size of the OEM bolt for a better fit their heim joints will start making noise in a year. Not sure if the top mounting hole is larger on the 2013 as compared to previous years.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #60
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Mine came with the new ones and he told me that even if the top bolt was the same size of the OEM bolt for a better fit their heim joints will start making noise in a year. Not sure if the top mounting hole is larger on the 2013 as compared to previous years.
Great. I'll go and buy Hotchkis if it bothers me to much
Old 09-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #61
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Well he's right about that part. It's the top of the joint that's making noise. I reached up with a mechanic's glove on and really yanked hard on the sway bars near the end where it's bolted to the end link and sure enough it made that popping/knocking sound. I can't feel any movement but there's just enough apparently to make that noise.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #62
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

o.K., latest mod. Ordered a service kit from Hotchkis for the endlinks to see if the noise I/we all get is coming from them.Sounds like it is and this should take care of most or all of the clunking sound. Is a rubber boot that gets greased and fits over the Heim link at the top.It fits very tight, if not then its something else.or later can buy there new ball joint design links that has that also. Seems these things get worn as alot of dirt and crap gets on and in them wearing them down a bit, which makes sence considering where they are.Will post up and let everyone know
Old 09-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #63
SS PANTHER

I'll be interested. What are your current settings for the street on your Pfadts? Middle/middle?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #64
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I'll be interested. What are your current settings for the street on your Pfadts? Middle/middle?
Yep. More rear bar and may get tail happy on auto x when I put the new hp to the ground off a turn. Heck have to watch it now!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #65
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Update on my pop pop noise.... today we had Camaro up on lift to look for reason/solution and turns out both sides, the link bolts on the front sway worked loose. Some mega tightening, and all quiet now.

The new Pfadt stage 4 coil suspension, solid bushings is visually cool to look at, we were viewing it and other stuff I've done, to then discover while poking around the underside of car, that my DSS axles, the boots are torn, -bad! Both sides!
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #66
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme2s View Post
Update on my pop pop noise.... today we had Camaro up on lift to look for reason/solution and turns out both sides, the link bolts on the front sway worked loose. Some mega tightening, and all quiet now.

The new Pfadt stage 4 coil suspension, solid bushings is visually cool to look at, we were viewing it and other stuff I've done, to then discover while poking around the underside of car, that my DSS axles, the boots are torn, -bad! Both sides!
Okay crud, now I'm going to have to check mine lol. What did you torque them to?

Thanks for the update!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #67
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
There are have been posts about the pfadt endlinks being noisy and breaking, has this been fixed. They have their endlinks on sale right now and I am interested. I have pfadt sway bars that i have not installed yet. I was planning on using stock endlinks, but not sure what I should do at this point.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #68
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
I'm wondering the same thing since I'm really close to placing an order on the Pfadt ZL spec sway bars with end links.
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote