Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
XM coupon offers?

I was thinking about getting a prepaid $30 or $50 card for XM from best buy.. I've been wanting to renew it but I don't want to give them a real card. So I'm excited to try it out.

I used to get a bunch of offers of 6 months for $25 and junk like that in the mail but haven't anytime recently..

Just curious if anyone has any offers, or experience with the prepaid cards ?
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Whenever they would bug me to renew if tell them I wasn't going to, they'd offer me some deal, and then if send them a check.

After reading the dozens of horror stories about them charging people's cards I will never give them a card number.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
There is a thread of fatwallet about this. When you call tell them the price is to much and your neighbor got 5 months for $25. Then they will give you the line I have to talk to my supervisor. Tell them that is all you can afford I. Your budget. Works 98% time and if it doesn't hang up, call again, talk to another person
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I don't know about the prepaid XM deals but from my understanding and what I read in other threads on this just phone them to accept the offer but ask them to send you a bill and then send them a check. A co-worker hasn't figured out why he still has XM when he said his free offer should have expired. I told him to check his credit card for charges, I keep forgetting to ask him what he found out. They just tried hooking me with 2 weeks for free but I can't see paying for radio when there is only a couple channels worth listening to. Until a couple weeks ago I haven't had it for over 8 months and really never missed it and after the trial period a couple weeks ago it was nice but still don't really need it. After a year of owning the car I finally hooked up my iPod to see if the link worked, it does, and now I have around 1800 of my favorite songs to listen to, who needs XM!

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
flyer08
Account Suspended

Agree with sk, it's an extra $2 to get bill in mail and pay but worth it
Old 06-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
erik13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
There is a thread of fatwallet about this. When you call tell them the price is to much and your neighbor got 5 months for $25. Then they will give you the line I have to talk to my supervisor. Tell them that is all you can afford I. Your budget. Works 98% time and if it doesn't hang up, call again, talk to another person
This. Make sure you know your renewal date and call a week before and tell them it's too expensive and you want to cancel. I got 6 months for 6 bux a month.
erik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
My free 3 months when I bought the Camaro turned into a year before they finally realized it. Called them up and got 6 months for $25 invoice billing.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Until they have a signal that begins to approach the fidelity of analog, they won't get a subscription from me. The tonal quality is horrible! I may be old, but I can still hear the difference when the harmonics are all stripped out or compressed. Digital broadcast stations are better, but digital is still a compromise, at best.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik13 View Post
This. Make sure you know your renewal date and call a week before and tell them it's too expensive and you want to cancel. I got 6 months for 6 bux a month.
I tried this two weeks ago (one week before my 1 year free trial expired) and the guy said he understood and would note the account to cancel. What a jackass he was!
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #10
flyer08
Account Suspended

Yes I don't trust this company with my CC number
Old 06-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #11
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
They call me everyday. I never answer but they are bugging the crap out of me.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #12
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
I just buy a prepaid visa and pay with that.
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Their facebook adds keep showing up and in the mail. They are down to 4.17 a month for six months.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
well now that sirus & xm are merged they have monopoly,, and you know what that means for service,, But I cant stand FM radio, constant damn commercials, those fm stations are making huge money, it costs almost nothing to run a radio station, I also don't understand why people are so cheap on this, it's like $7 a month for the basic music, well worth it IMO,,,

no way I would spend the $18 a month to listen to that Pressitute corporate whore CNN, FOX, NPR< Msnbc garbage.

MSNBC - More stupid News & Bull Crap

CNN - Clown Nonsense News

Fox - Facists on everything

NPR - government funded pentagon propaganda
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote