Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:43 AM   #29
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjan450 View Post
I have been wanting to put a touch screen in my Camaro but I did not like the Schosche or Metra Kit. They look like something from 1980.

This kit looks better however it still stands out with the grey color. You achieved the look I am looking for by painting it black. It blends in with the radio and dash so much better. Can you share some information about who did it and what the cost was? I live in Jacksonville and I will come down there to have them do it.

Thank you
KenJan
I didn't paint it... I think it just looks painted because it was night when I finished and took that pic... the color of this kit matches the factory HU/ Bezel color exactly... I see no reason why it would be difficult to paint, if that's what you were wanting to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwright5407 View Post
How does factory XM radio work with this setup? I just got a new to me Camaro recently (first sports car ever) and am thinking about something like this (especially if the call button were to work), but I've never messed with radios that had XM and all that. Sorry for the Newb question.
It doesn't work with the factory XM... You can get an XM module for the Kenwood head unit and connect the factory antennae to it, but the factory XM module does not work with aftermarket solutions.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:08 AM   #30
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motarded421 View Post
So... about that button to make a call on the steering wheel.... Any chance on getting that working? That is all thats holding me back from buying... Heck, if it would just activate Siri that would be awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwright5407 View Post
How does factory XM radio work with this setup? I just got a new to me Camaro recently (first sports car ever) and am thinking about something like this (especially if the call button were to work), but I've never messed with radios that had XM and all that. Sorry for the Newb question.
Answered above and will say it again, head over to the Audio forums for any technical help you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
There are no bugs like the others and this kit is a magnitude or three above anything else on the market.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466017

You are certainly welcome to pay the $400+ MSRP, but market for Camaro dash kits are $299 and always have been. We're luckier than most, many vehicles are over $1,000 and $299 is a godsend.

There is an extensive thread reviewing all related questions in the audio forum here

Phastek is a phenomenal vendor, but they are in the business of sales, not providing hours of tech support over the phone for an install. Highly recommend reserving technical help questions to the audio forum gurus at the link provided (where we've been discussing this product since it's release on day 1) and the PAC technical line.

This kit was developed for someone experienced in car audio.
From wire management to disconnecting crucial OEM parts. While the technical instructions are intimidating even to those of us with those skills, I am sure patience and trial and error will get others through the process fine. The PAC R&D techs have requested that if you have any problems with the unit to please reach out to them as the product passed extensive internal testing before coming to market. As you mentioned, double check wiring and give them a call if you still have any issues as the modules should be working.

This unit has no sound to speak of, it's just a kit. Perhaps that was the reference. The mylink/stock radio system has a myriad of audio "issues", whats the reference I heard the other day.... comparing an aftermarket stereo system to OEM would be like comparing a Bentley to a Prius. The primary problem with the stock OEM is lack of power, next is the fact there is a factory tune hard coded in the system which is horrible.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:53 AM   #31
kenjan450

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
[QUOTE=FNG;9342795]I didn't paint it... I think it just looks painted because it was night when I finished and took that pic... the color of this kit matches the factory HU/ Bezel color exactly... I see no reason why it would be difficult to paint, if that's what you were wanting to do.

Thank you for answering my question. Sorry it took me so to acknowledge your answer. Have a great weekend!
kenjan450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:44 AM   #32
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Ordered from Phastek :-)
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #33
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
When we place an order for this kit, from Phastek or anywhere else, how do we know if we are getting the original or the version with the updated hazard switch?
Old 11-27-2016, 01:53 PM   #34
Dave@Sturgiscamarorally

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS
Its been awhile since I have looked in here, glad I did.. So happy they finally got a factory style one on the market. Stereo build back in work
Old 11-28-2016, 10:35 AM   #35
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
Ordered from Phastek :-)
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
When we place an order for this kit, from Phastek or anywhere else, how do we know if we are getting the original or the version with the updated hazard switch?
We have the new versions of the kits on our shelves. We made sure to double check and make sure that we had everything that should be with the kits.

I cant speak for other places though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@Sturgiscamarorally View Post
Its been awhile since I have looked in here, glad I did.. So happy they finally got a factory style one on the market. Stereo build back in work

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 12-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #36
Joshy

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS1
Wonder why they didn't copy the same button types in the middle. I have read that the emergency light/door lock buttons are terrible. They seem to be extremely stiff and sometimes stick.
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:34 PM   #37
Low Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
Wonder why they didn't copy the same button types in the middle. I have read that the emergency light/door lock buttons are terrible. They seem to be extremely stiff and sometimes stick.
Apparently they made a design change to fix this. Just not sure how to identify which ones are the new design prior to installation.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:45 PM   #38
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
How in the hell am I just finding out about this, this is amazing! I've been wanting something like this ever since I swapped out the factory radio. Is there an option to buy it with the knobs? I don't have my stock faceplate anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

Last edited by spadz93; 12-07-2016 at 10:59 PM.
spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #39
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
How in the hell am I just finding out about this, this is amazing! I've been wanting something like this ever since I swapped out the factory radio. Is there an option to buy it with the knobs? I don't have my stock faceplate anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Unfortunately there is no option to buy with the knobs. Stock ones are to be used.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 12-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #40
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Unless someone can supply a part number for the knobs (or has a faceplate kicking around that they don't want much for), unfortunately i'm out then
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G

Old 12-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #41
Low Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
Unless someone can supply a part number for the knobs (or has a faceplate kicking around that they don't want much for), unfortunately i'm out then
There's a member here that posted recently that he shattered his MyLink screen. He may sell his faceplate. Or check eBay.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #42
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
There's a member here that posted recently that he shattered his MyLink screen. He may sell his faceplate. Or check eBay.
Ebay comes up dry, ill message the dude

Tags
dash kit, head unit, pac audio, phastek, rpk5-gm4101