Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #3081
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Don't know if this has been posted yet but here is the legislation that is going to be introduced when Congress gets back in session in Jan.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

This bill will ban future sales of ALL semi-auto pistols, rifles, and shotguns not just "Assault Weapons". Also if you own any before the ban goes into effect, you will be required to register them with the ATF and go through the same steps your currently have to take to own a full auto.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #3082
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Don't know if this has been posted yet but here is the legislation that is going to be introduced when Congress gets back in session in Jan.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

This bill will ban future sales of ALL semi-auto pistols, rifles, and shotguns not just "Assault Weapons". Also if you own any before the ban goes into effect, you will be required to register them with the ATF and go through the same steps your currently have to take to own a full auto.
Just because they introduce it doesn't mean it will pass. Most politicians really only care about one thing...their own jobs. There should be enough pressure (crossing my fingers) from the pro-gun side that compromises will have to be made. This isn't going to just sail through...especially in its present form.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #3083
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Just because they introduce it doesn't mean it will pass. Most politicians really only care about one thing...their own jobs. There should be enough pressure (crossing my fingers) from the pro-gun side that compromises will have to be made. This isn't going to just sail through...especially in its present form.
Oh I know that. I'm just posting it up to get people to call or send their reps an email voicing how bad it is. I want this bill to be shot down completely with no chance of compromising on a "lite" version.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #3084
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Oh I know that. I'm just posting it up to get people to call or send their reps an email voicing how bad it is. I want this bill to be shot down completely with no chance of compromising on a "lite" version.
Cool. I'm really hoping the same thing. Talking about banning everything, and voting for it are two different things.

The piece I'm most worried about is putting "Crazy Joe" in charge of this whole thing.

That's like putting Lindsey Lohan in charge of the DEA.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #3085
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Haha sorry, I had to ninja edit I don't know that I would bother with the trouble that might ensue for using them, but I do have them. It's irritating at the range, since you cannot pre-load your magazine before you travel with it, so you spend a lot of time there reloading the tiny little 10-rounder.
Lol no worries. Personally I would own them as well but because of the profession I am trying to pursue it's not worth the risk for me. I agree it's a pain to load the 10 rounders but I love to shoot so what can you do.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #3086
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Cool. I'm really hoping the same thing. Talking about banning everything, and voting for it are two different things.

The piece I'm most worried about is putting "Crazy Joe" in charge of this whole thing.

That's like putting Lindsey Lohan in charge of the DEA.
Very true. Makes me worried as well.

@ the Lindsey quote

Quote:
Man...every time you guys in Cali start talking, it just makes me proud to be a Texan.

It's a beautiful state, but they just make it so hard to live there.
I agree and hopefully I can reside in another state someday that is more free than California.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #3087
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
...hopefully I can reside in another state someday that is more free than California.
Come on down bro...we'd love to have you.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #3088
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Come on down bro...we'd love to have you.
I am trying. Possibly in a few years. I am from the south originally and have family in Texas and have always liked it there except for the long arse drive across it
Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #3089
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
I am trying. Possibly in a few years. I am from the south originally and have family in Texas and have always liked it there except for the long arse drive across it
But that gives you an excuse to drive the Camaro!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #3090
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
But that gives you an excuse to drive the Camaro!
I put 10k on her in two months last summer. I find a lot of excuses to drive her.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #3091
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Pretty sure Texas WOULD FOR REAL succeed from the union if a law even close to that passes- and I will probably join you guys...
Old 12-29-2012, 02:54 AM   #3092
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
If the government attempted to ban all my guns like that and forced me to register them, they would literally have to kill me before they had their way with my stock. Hopefully there would be enough people that felt as strongly so I wouldn't be alone in the revolution. Perhaps another civil war is what this country needs to straighten it back up again. I swore an oath about enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. They are messing with a Constitutional right. I will not bow down to it.

I know this is a little long, but here is an exerpt from the Declaration of Independence:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government...."

This goverment was formed on these principles, and it should be governed as such. If you don't want guns around you, fine. Go find some corner and form a gun-less soceity. But we should not stand by and allow a goverment to maintain ANY kind of law that encroaches on our "...right of the people to keep and bear Arms..." as even Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights says they ..."shall not be infringed."

Ok. There's my psychotic, over-board rant for the day.
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #3093
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Pretty sure Texas WOULD FOR REAL succeed from the union if a law even close to that passes- and I will probably join you guys...
These hillbillies around here would go ape sh1t crazy

It wouldn't be good.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #3094
Darkstar November

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
New rifle done

Damn you tapatalk!
Darkstar November is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun