Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #15
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidden_dragon View Post
I like it better than the buttons. Of course you can replace some of the apps using your phone (mine is Android) such as gas, theater, even navigation. The screen does get an awful lot of fingerprints but that's to be expected...
I got a sceen protector from a member here on C5, I get ZERO fingerprints.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #16
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvofevery1 View Post
True. I got mine used and I wish it had NAV, but on-star is actually just as good and it runs through Mylink so it's basically the same thing. It would be better if it wasn't 300 a year but it's worth every penny.
How can you say Onstar is just as good if you don't have navigation? Navigation is much better (move details and features) then the turn by turn offered by Onstar and is more accurate.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #17
hidden_dragon

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I got a sceen protector from a member here on C5, I get ZERO fingerprints.
Oh? Does it degrade functionality? Mind telling where I can get one too? Thanks!

hidden_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #18
Ides of March

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
So if you don't have the MyLink, and you use On Star navigation I'm assuming it doesn't appear anywhere in the vehicle correct? You just go by the voice.
My mother has the navigation in her Acura and it is pretty cool. And I kinda wish I did have the MyLink but it's not a deal breaker.
Ides of March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #19
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
It's nice but it's glitchy. Not necessarily a fault of GM or anyone in particular, it's just a lot going on and a lot it's used for which I'm sure contributes to the freezing above other things. I simply kept the plastic on until I get a screen protector for the screen.

I personally think you aren't missing much if you have OnStar, I actually enjoyed being able to have them simply send my route to my car rather then me having to hit a button and approve the route and let the system recalculate.

My music tends to have issues as well and for some reason always switches my radio to FM rather then leaving it on my iPod (I only listen to my iPod in the car now). Kind of a first world problem but it's a first world kind of technology.

The Navigation is decent and shows a lot of information. I didn't really appreciate it until I did a cross-country drive to college. It really came in handy especially for monitoring speed limit changes and gas stops without having to constantly search for signs. It also can route you around traffic, tollways and freeways automatically and keeps you updated of any congestion which is nice. My only warning regarding it is that sometimes it will take you on some ridiculous path so it's wise not to heed it too closely.

The bluetooth is nice as well, again it's not necessary at all but it's very nice to be able to hit a button, say a name and call somebody without having to mess with your phone, least for me where I can potentially end up on a conference on the road.

Funnily enough, the night I first bought the car I thought I got lost headed home on a route I take all the time, the only difference is I turned on the wrong exit (Was kind of in awe/lightheaded I just bought one). The navi did me right and took me down some awesome back paths to play with the car.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #20
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ides of March View Post
So if you don't have the MyLink, and you use On Star navigation I'm assuming it doesn't appear anywhere in the vehicle correct? You just go by the voice.
My mother has the navigation in her Acura and it is pretty cool. And I kinda wish I did have the MyLink but it's not a deal breaker.
Turn by turn appears on your DIC.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 10-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
Ides of March

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Turn by turn appears on your DIC.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
It appears in the Information center in the center of the console? Ok.
Man without color it's gonna be crap to look at lol.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #22
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
my link ehh.. I couldn't really find anything that stands out. I don't have nav. Now that my onstar ran out, it's even less glamorous. OP Funny because I was just doing an analysis of the difference between 2LT and 2LS to see if it's really worth it. My conclusion is of course it..Hahaha guess that's why I bought it.
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #23
Ides of March

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
my link ehh.. I couldn't really find anything that stands out. I don't have nav. Now that my onstar ran out, it's even less glamorous. OP Funny because I was just doing an analysis of the difference between 2LT and 2LS to see if it's really worth it. My conclusion is of course it..Hahaha guess that's why I bought it.
Yep. So what are the major differences? My Link, color information center?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #24
ssrs2lt

the differences rear parking assist including camera, universal home remote, leather, heated seats, auto dimming rear view mirror, premium sound, fog lamps and remote start..
Old 10-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidden_dragon View Post
Oh? Does it degrade functionality? Mind telling where I can get one too? Thanks!
No degration at all, contact RacnJsn95
Old 10-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #26
Ides of March

Quote:
the differences rear parking assist including camera, universal home remote, leather, heated seats, auto dimming rear view mirror, premium sound, fog lamps and remote start..
Well damn.....lol Ok. That's alot of differences. What's the starting price for the 2LT? 28 something isn't it?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
ssrs2lt

yes at least, it's a good 5K more but worth it.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #28
Ides of March

Quote:
yes at least, it's a good 5K more but worth it.
Yeah I wouldn't have minded the backup camera or the heated seats. I didn't want leather seats though. So I guess that would kill off the heated seats. Fog lamps I def want. Auto Start not at all. I am kinda happy with the key.
So if you do have the MyLink you still have to pay for the Navigation?