Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
chicagojoe16

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Problem with Current Gen. 16 Gig iPod Nano

Every time I turn my Camaro on it resets my iPod Nano to the first song alphabetically and takes a few minutes while it says 'indexing ipod'. I tried to search through the other threads for a solution but I didn't find anything. Is there a solution to this problem? It's mostly annoying because my first song alphabetically is a song I absolutely hate and don't want to listen to three times a day.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
r6danl

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Mine does the same thing. Anyone?
r6danl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojoe16 View Post
Every time I turn my Camaro on it resets my iPod Nano to the first song alphabetically and takes a few minutes while it says 'indexing ipod'. I tried to search through the other threads for a solution but I didn't find anything. Is there a solution to this problem? It's mostly annoying because my first song alphabetically is a song I absolutely hate and don't want to listen to three times a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6danl View Post
Mine does the same thing. Anyone?
Are we referring to the 5th generation nano with a small touch screen? If so mine works fine guys.
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Sounds like a PDIM problem to me. It should remember where it left off, and continue in the desired order that you had it playing in last time. I would look up the PDIM update threads on here, and go by your dealer.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:04 AM   #5
Fruits of Labor

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS M6 RJT
Driving my car 2-3 times a week and plugging in the ipod Nano-6 indexing is not a problem, for consecutive days. But after sitting for 5 days it reverts back to the original indexing point. This may be just the way it is. Looking forward to more answers.
Fruits of Labor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #6
DarthNacho08
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1999 camaro
Send a message via AIM to DarthNacho08
..........................or you could delete that one song until you fix that problem
DarthNacho08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
TheMagnficentOne

Drives: Black 2011 V6 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojoe16 View Post
I just recently bought an ipod Nano 6th Gen and when it is operating normally, it doesn't index at all. I only see "indexing..." when there is a problem. Apparently the device itself handles indexing internally. Have you tried doing a "hard reset" on the Nano?
TheMagnficentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
Naldiian

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro RS
There are a bunch of threads on this forum, and other Chevy-related forums, about the myriad of problems with the PDIM component that handles USB-connected music devices. It has been screwed up since the release of the 2010 Camaro, and still has problems today on new 2011s - and other Chevy cars with this option as well.

There have been several updates to the hardware and firmware\software packages to address the issues, though nothing has consistently solved it for every scenario. Most of the remaining issues out there are with large capacity devices with thousands of songs on them, and more commonly with DRM music on Zunes or from Rhapsody and other sources.

The latest revision out is mentioned in the following thread (last couple of pages cover the upcoming service bulletin about it, which we are all waiting for), and it supposedly does fix the problems for almost all cases. The fun part is that most dealers have not been able to provide the new version to solve problems due to the lack of a bulletin telling them to do so. They have no clue what to do...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108097

Hopefully we will finally have a fix for this crap soon.
Naldiian is offline   Reply With Quote