Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #43
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Hey George glad you got everything situated with storing the car. Sucks about the noise, but I'm sure it's nothing big so don't sweat it.
Can't believe your car is put up before mine... I won't take it off the road till they salt.. I'll be driving her tonight.
See ya at work brother..

Seriously... I can't believe that I'm putting it up now either! Springtime will be here before I know it. At least that's what im telling myself.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #44
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Squealing normally refers to a belt somewhere along the lines.

Hope it hibernates well. As for my car, a few last things, including the switchplate I've been waiting patiently on arrives soon. Then I think I'm pretty much done for a while. Need to save up for a new paint job.

Honestly, I think it has something to do with the alternator... it's always been loud, it just seemed MUCH louder the last week that I drove the car. Maybe it was the cold weather. Either way, she's sleeping until the salt is off the roads. I'll take it to my service guy and see what can be done. They're pretty awesome there so I know that I'm in good hands.

I saw the switchplate on FB bro and it looks awesome! Now what's this about paint i'm hearing??
Old 11-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #45
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Spent about 3 hours today washing, drying, and applying a few coats of Meg's spray wax. A bottle of fuel stabilizer, full fuel tank and my new NOAH car cover from Covercraft and the ride is snug as a bug in a rug until springtime.

Pretty nice that I got to drive the car right up until the day before thanksgiving.

The NOAH car cover was super easy to put on (with some help from my woman and my son.) Material looked super soft and durable. It was lighter than I had expected, but I suppose that's not such a bad thing.

Some bad news is that I'm getting another odd noise from under the engine bay. (Really loud hissing/squealing sound.) It's been present for months now and none of the techs have been able to find the source. I'm thinking I either have a vacume leak, or a loud ass alternator. (Im horrible at diagnosing car problems.)

So my first two orders of business in the springtime will be:
1. Straight to the dealership to find out what this noise is.
2. New rear tires.
3. Inspection, since mine runs out during the time period that my car will be stored.

My mod budget might be cut a bit next year because I've been working on restoring my winter rat to it's former glory. 1997 Jeep TJ. So far I've been doing most of the work myself with some help from a few knowledgeable members of my local jeep club, but that's a story for another web forum hahha.

Have a great winter everyone!

Put mine into storage on Thanksgiving and already miss it so much lol, no idea how I'm gonna make it till spring.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #46
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
First off, great build. Love the stripes. Can't wait to see more.

Quote:
Now what's this about paint i'm hearing??
First I've heard of this What are your plans?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #47
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Put mine into storage on Thanksgiving and already miss it so much lol, no idea how I'm gonna make it till spring.

Seriously, I've been fooling myself into thinking that I'm going to "fully rebuild" my aging winter ride for the past month just to keep my mind off of the Camaro.

I even thought about trading it in to just end the torture. (yeah I'm that impulsive)

Thankfully calmer heads have prevailed and I'm just accepting the fact that I only get to enjoy driving during the warmer months.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #48
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
First off, great build. Love the stripes. Can't wait to see more.

First I've heard of this What are your plans?
Thank you very much!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #49
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
stripes and spears look amazing!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #50
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Well George I finally was able too sit long enough to read every word on this great build. I don't know if you have more words in the build,or I have more mods than you do words. HAHAHA. But needless to say I think your doing a HELL of a job. Every thing you done they all go together very well. Keep up the great build. And the whole best part of car & mods is getting to work on them yourself. And your no differant than a lot of us who have never worked on a vehicle like this. I was scared as hell last winter after I had mine all tore apart. I looked at it in the garage and thought out loud, WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE NOW It's going too cost me thousands of dollars to get this thing back together But patience (which I don't have) and good DIY'S & people on these threads every thing turned out good. Sorry for the long post on your build thread.

Last edited by BLU DUCE; 01-19-2013 at 09:07 AM.
BLU DUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #51
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Well George I finally was able too sit long enough to read every word on this great build. I don't know if you have more words in the build,or I have more mods than you do words. HAHAHA. But needless to say I think your doing a HELL of a job. Every thing you done they all go together very well. Keep up the great build. And the whole best part of car & mods is getting to work on them yourself. And your no differant than a lot of us who have never worked on a vehicle like this. I was scared as hell last winter after I had mine all tore apart. I looked at it in the garage and thought out loud, WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE NOW It's going too cost me thousands of dollars to get this thing back together But patience (which I don't have) and good DIY'S & people on these threads every thing turned out good. Sorry for the long post on your build thread.
No apologies Spike! As you know, I always appreciate you input! You've helped me on more than one occasion with various parts of this car and I'll always be grateful for that too!!!

I'm a bit of a storyteller at times LOL I definitely crammed a lot of words into my post, and made my stripe update a bit of a DIY journal in itself. I still think you have more mods than I have words though!!! Man what a car you've got put together over there! I can't wait to see it in the spring.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #52
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
stripes and spears look amazing!
Thanks Vroomapunk! Just stopped bye your build thread also... what a clean looking CRT! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #53
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #54
TSSUNAMI

2-14-13
Forgestar F14 20x9.5 20x11 in textured gunmetal ordered!!! Can't wait!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #55
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
2-14-13
Forgestar F14 20x9.5 20x11 in textured gunmetal ordered!!! Can't wait!
Yeah buddy!!!!! Going to look sweet, ship it!!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #56
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Sweet! Can't wait to see them on the car!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big worm graphix, camaro 1ss, cyber gray camaro, forgestar f14, pfadt springs lowering