Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #15
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
After having visited this thread earlier and responding , it came to me that I should revisit it just in case there were any doubters in the crowd .............as to the power of prayers coming true in familiar fashions of sorts. In doing so I'll first apologize to the O.P for thread jacking........... Please forgive me.

We too are celebrating a new miracle addition to our family this Holiday Season.......... a beautiful Grand Daughter. Too make a long and nearly tragic story short, it began August 3rd 2009. Our youngest daughter was diagnoised with grade four Ovarian Cancer............With little hopes of long term survival, many life saving surgeries to remove nearly eight pounds of affected tissue in the reproductive regions and organs of this child, grueling hour upon hour of daily chemo treatments, and the latter news informing us that she would never experience the life given blessings of motherhood ( Medically-Physically Impossible), our sweet daughter has not only survived the devastating physical effects of this cancer that could easily have taken her from us at any moment..............but by the Grace of God, also added "Sunny" to the family roster joining us here for the Holidays. Yes.........she gave birth to this wonderful little girl September 10th of this year...........Nothing's impossible with the strengths of Hope, Trust and Faith at your side. More importantly, a belief in the Lord watching over us in times of doubt.........the results here-in are supported upon facts. Holiday Blessings All...........
Attached Images

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 12-23-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Awesome story, life is like a story book, but until you really share it with someone it as little value, this is one awesome story enjoy life to it's fullest. Merry Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
After having visted this thread earlier and responding , it came to me that I should revisit it just in case there were any doubters in the crowd .............as to the power of prayers coming true in familiar fashions of sorts. In doing so I'll first apologize to the O.P for thread jacking........... Please forgive me.

We too are celebrating a new miracle addition to our family this Holiday Season.......... a beautiful Grand Daughter. Too make a long and nearly tragic story short, it began August 3rd 2009. Our youngest daughter was diagnoised with grade four Ovarian Cancer............With little hopes of long term survival, many life saving surgeries to remove nearly eight pounds of affected tissue in the reproductive regions and organs of this child, grueling hour uppn hour of daily chemo treatments, and the latter news informing us that she would never experience the life given blessings of motherhood ( Medically-Physically Impossible), our sweet daughter has not only survived the devastating physical effects of this cancer that could easily have taken her from us at any moment..............but by the Grace of God, also added "Sunny" to the family roster joining us here for the Holidays. Yes.........she gave birth to this wonderful little girl September 10th of this year...........Nothing's impossible with the strengths of Hope, Trust and Faith at your side. More importantly, a belief in the Lord watching over us in times of doubt.........the results here-in are supported upon facts. Holiday Blessings All...........
Old 12-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #17
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th
Thanks for all your support and thanks to Casper for your story. It just goes to show you not only are we Camaro owners/enthusiasts, we are also all members of another elite club- that being the Human club. It's good to stop and smell the roses together once in a while. We all have our stories to tell as we go thru this journey that is life.
Once again may all of you and your families have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy and Healthy New Year. God Bless.

austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #18
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

P.S. may Santa leave a coupon that will pay all of our car loans off in our stockings tomorrow night.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Becky is one of a kind and #1 in my book

Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #20
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
We're very proud to have Becky and Rodgers Chevrolet as our Partners!

Delighted to hear about "Camara!"
Old 12-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #21
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Cheers to both of you, God Bless and have a very Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #22
dermo1989
BAQNBLK

Drives: 2010 SS/RS BLACK W/INFERNO PKG
Isn't Becky D the best? We need more people like her on this planet!! Congrats to you and your Family, and Merry Christmas to my Camaro5 family!!
Old 12-24-2011, 03:19 AM   #23
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Congratulations, great story
Old 12-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #24
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Great story, Merry Christmas!
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:10 AM   #25
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Merry Christmas, two great stories. We are close to being affected by the second the most. My daughter Stephanie was given 2 months to live in January 2009. She has Hodgkins Disease Stage IVB. Fbodfather read on this site about my daughters illness and how she had always wanted us to have a sports car in the family. Our car was ordered Oct 13 2008 and was not due to us due to my dealer owner promising the first Camaro to him and with it being a small dealer we where looking at mid to late summer 2009 delivery.

Then in early February I get this e-mail

Scott:

I know we have not met, but I have learned a lot about you and your daughter over the last two weeks. As a father of two daughters, I can only imagine what you are going through with your daughter's battle.

As you know, we have submitted your order for production shortly after March 16, 2009 SORP. The plant is aware of the order and are willing to expedite it; however, even those acts will not get the car to you until probably very late March or early April. In reviewing the various messages and information I have, I'm concerned about timing. I would hate to miss the opportunity to have your daughter at least enjoy a ride in a new Camaro.

At your convenience, please either reply back to my note, or call my office to discuss. If the timing is an issue, we could take other steps.

Finally, I would ask that you NOT share this with the various Camaro community forums until a specific plan of action is developed.

I look forward to hearing from you, and wish you nothing but the best of luck in your daughter's fight.

John Fitzpatrick
Marketing Manager - Camaro
Chevrolet

Well we kind of freaked that GM was being that nice. On March 19th while at the hospital with Stephanie we get a PM from Super60 at the plant that Bee Bee had been built and her VIN was #230. Stephanie and us where excited. BUT then comes AREA 51 Quality Control. The car is held up with 2500 other cars for inspections and to fix and issue found with the BCM computers.

Now John calls me up and says hey we have 3 cars in Austin Texas and they are heading back to Michigan from a Auto Show. This is on a Friday and he says he wants to bring them to my house. They want to make sure Stephanie gets to rid in a car if she does not make till our car gets here. I say no take them to the dealer.

So they come and we have this event. The part at the end with Zac was just a joke for the video:

This day we also meet PQ and Bonnie for the first time since they drove up to see the cars and work with Stephanie on getting a much better wig than what she had in the video. Now Bonnie and PQ are some of our best friends (to bad they live 5 hours away).

So thru many ups and downs and close call with death a couple of times Stephanie is in remission. She is now 16. They told us she would never develop female organs and have kids. But we will not give up on that also, she is on meds and just this last week had her first period.

So maybe down the road she will have children also. We hope so!!

Well Merry Christmas to all and the great stories.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:37 AM   #26
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Merry Christmas, two great stories. We are close to being affected by the second the most. My daughter Stephanie was given 2 months to live in January 2009. She has Hodgkins Disease Stage IVB. Fbodfather read on this site about my daughters illness and how she had always wanted us to have a sports car in the family. Our car was ordered Oct 13 2008 and was not due to us due to my dealer owner promising the first Camaro to him and with it being a small dealer we where looking at mid to late summer 2009 delivery.

Then in early February I get this e-mail

Scott:

I know we have not met, but I have learned a lot about you and your daughter over the last two weeks. As a father of two daughters, I can only imagine what you are going through with your daughter's battle.

As you know, we have submitted your order for production shortly after March 16, 2009 SORP. The plant is aware of the order and are willing to expedite it; however, even those acts will not get the car to you until probably very late March or early April. In reviewing the various messages and information I have, I'm concerned about timing. I would hate to miss the opportunity to have your daughter at least enjoy a ride in a new Camaro.

At your convenience, please either reply back to my note, or call my office to discuss. If the timing is an issue, we could take other steps.

Finally, I would ask that you NOT share this with the various Camaro community forums until a specific plan of action is developed.

I look forward to hearing from you, and wish you nothing but the best of luck in your daughter's fight.

John Fitzpatrick
Marketing Manager - Camaro
Chevrolet

Well we kind of freaked that GM was being that nice. On March 19th while at the hospital with Stephanie we get a PM from Super60 at the plant that Bee Bee had been built and her VIN was #230. Stephanie and us where excited. BUT then comes AREA 51 Quality Control. The car is held up with 2500 other cars for inspections and to fix and issue found with the BCM computers.

Now John calls me up and says hey we have 3 cars in Austin Texas and they are heading back to Michigan from a Auto Show. This is on a Friday and he says he wants to bring them to my house. They want to make sure Stephanie gets to rid in a car if she does not make till our car gets here. I say no take them to the dealer.

So they come and we have this event. The part at the end with Zac was just a joke for the video:

This day we also meet PQ and Bonnie for the first time since they drove up to see the cars and work with Stephanie on getting a much better wig than what she had in the video. Now Bonnie and PQ are some of our best friends (to bad they live 5 hours away).

So thru many ups and downs and close call with death a couple of times Stephanie is in remission. She is now 16. They told us she would never develop female organs and have kids. But we will not give up on that also, she is on meds and just this last week had her first period.

So maybe down the road she will have children also. We hope so!!

Well Merry Christmas to all and the great stories.
Thats another true to life story with an awesome outcome........Our Hopes are Stephanie is still on the fast track in her recovery. Its also futher evidence to the powers of our Saviour upon every persons life. In as much the sacrifices others we do not really know make.............helping see that wishes come true.

I'll suppose there aren't actually any strangers among us.......somehow were all connected, its obvious. Becky's among so many others here on the forums who also seem to understand the importance of the opportunites they been positioned for in life with the guidance of powers from above.

I've come to realize............that many have forgotten............everyday is a opportunity for celebrating having been given life on this earth. Many who have faced lifes challenages at near death experiences.............know for fact..........today is the first day of the rest of their lives, whether that be another day or hundred years. Living each to the fullest by helping others before helping themselves. Each day a holiday of sorts. Christ obviously knew this..............Holiday blessings all..Casper
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #27
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Congratulations on your new baby and the new car!

(Hopefully you can keep both forever!)
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #28
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

Camara Lynn on her 1st Christmas Eve with her 1st Teddy Bear (from Becky of course)
Attached Images