Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-09-2008, 12:28 AM   #85
D1

Drives: Bowties galore
I have been viewing that 1/4 glass for the past month. It appears it is stationary. I suspect it will not roll down. Any thoughts.

Who remembers the days of 'hardtopping' with all the glass down and Bob Seeger singing 'Her Strut' on the old Craig powerplay 8 track. I hope the galss rolls down.

D1
D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #86
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1 View Post
I have been viewing that 1/4 glass for the past month. It appears it is stationary. I suspect it will not roll down. Any thoughts.

Who remembers the days of 'hardtopping' with all the glass down and Bob Seeger singing 'Her Strut' on the old Craig powerplay 8 track. I hope the galss rolls down.

D1
You are correct, it will not roll down, they put a B-pillar in for safety reasons. I do remember those days, my first car was a 1962 Nova two door hardtop.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:36 AM   #87
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
yes, thats what I think
ummm what in the picture are you guys referring to.... maybe specify... lol, i feel dumb asking this. the two spots inside the yellow taillights?

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:36 AM   #88
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1 View Post

D1
I've already ticked off some folks going into the rear window, "will it roll down," and "for the love of God!!! Don't put in a B-pillar!!!"

I've been told the rear window won't roll down. Now...everything is subject to change. But, this will most likely be the case here....a b-pillar w/ a rear window that won't roll down. Like Scott says, "you're preaching to the choir here, my friend."

And as far as the new pix....You all would have seen my amazement, but I had to go through another 4 threads before finally catching up! hehe She's a gorgeous looking ride. Love seeing that compression. It looks to me like they were really moving. Two guys w/ helmets to test the car??? "I wanna go! I wanna go!"
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:11 AM   #89
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
The car looks awesome, thanks for the pics! I wonder what the lap times were...
Old 04-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #90
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
once again, not germany. but SICK PIX!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 02:04 AM   #91
pverspeek

Drives: 2004 Chevrolet Silverado SS
Send a message via Skype™ to pverspeek
I've been driving on this circuit, as I'm living in Belgium - Europe. This curve does make suspension work quite hard, so no; the car isn't lowered; but just having fun...

Orange taillights are shit. Don't understand why they would make them orange; as red taillights / indicators are allowed. I drive a Silverado SS myself; without orange taillights; and even yearly technical control doesn't give me a hard time.

Pascal
2009 BMW K1300GT

Future Car: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Manual
pverspeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:05 AM   #92
pverspeek

Drives: 2004 Chevrolet Silverado SS
Send a message via Skype™ to pverspeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
once again, not germany. but SICK PIX!!!
This is definitely a german circuit, known as the Nurburg Ring. I've been there several times...

P.
2009 BMW K1300GT

Future Car: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Manual
pverspeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 AM   #93
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pverspeek View Post
known as the Nurburg Ring. I've been there several times...

P.
You Lucky Bastard.

Would love to go to Germany and hit the many tracks there.

JAY
Old 04-09-2008, 02:18 AM   #94
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_camaro_SS View Post
Those two strips of tape looking things..( are thos possibly the location of the reverse lights?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
ummm what in the picture are you guys referring to.... maybe specify... lol, i feel dumb asking this. the two spots inside the yellow taillights?
now to re-quote my self.... lol.... what are the posts quoted here talking exactly about?

JAY
Old 04-09-2008, 02:46 AM   #95
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Orange indicators (turn signals to you US chaps) are LAW in a lot of European countries (UK and Ireland without a doubt) - the covered rear side-markers are not allowed over here either - there are very strict laws on what lights are allowed and where they can be shown over here - so that, to me, makes a lot of sense. It looks crap - but whatayagonnado? Besides, check out the "Euro" Corvette C6 to see what they did the afterburner rear lights (they're awful).

And I like the front plate - again, law here so I can't get away with not having one :(

She looks great though - but it's not lowered - just the speed/camber playing it's part on the suspension. Great stuff.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:50 AM   #96
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
i love how angular and mean looking it is
so is it going to be a 2010 model for sure?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:25 AM   #97
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by willisit View Post
Orange indicators (turn signals to you US chaps) are LAW in a lot of European countries (UK and Ireland without a doubt) - the covered rear side-markers are not allowed over here either - there are very strict laws on what lights are allowed and where they can be shown over here - so that, to me, makes a lot of sense. It looks crap - but whatayagonnado? Besides, check out the "Euro" Corvette C6 to see what they did the afterburner rear lights (they're awful).

And I like the front plate - again, law here so I can't get away with not having one :(

She looks great though - but it's not lowered - just the speed/camber playing it's part on the suspension. Great stuff.
+1 for here in France.

However, when i'll import my camaro, i'll do just like we did with our corvette: change the lights to have the official "road" approval stamp, then go back to originial lights ... who the hell cares about stupid cops?

We never had a bill with the corvette, and if one day i get one because of my lights ... well .. the look's worth it!

Money is nothing against style!
Old 04-09-2008, 05:52 AM   #98
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
now to re-quote my self.... lol.... what are the posts quoted here talking exactly about?
the only strips of tape i see on there are where the marker should be on the rear fenders.... is that what you are talking about?
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote