Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #29
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachi3 View Post
Drago,
one question. Is the subwoofer installed on the back of the rear seats or located below the net of the rear seat shown in one of you pictures. Do you have a picture where we can see the subwoofer ????

Thanks
Juergen
Here is a pic of the sub with the backseat removed on a different forum
http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=29270
Old 03-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #30
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Will post more trunk pix when cars back from body shop. Clubs should fit... maybe... its a small opening and with the top down doesn't allow much room to angle stuff in, however, top up and net unhooked- its a decent size.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #31
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
DC, same opening as the coupe, there was a video (can't find it now) on you tube that shows a vert with clubs in a carry bag being inserted. I have been told the driver may have to be put in seperatly if over sized.
Doesn't look like you can slide them way pack like in the coupe because of the top come down in that up front section.

This was important to me since I can get them in the coupe now !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfan22 View Post
Please Tell me that a set of golf clubs will fit in the trunk...
Old 03-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #32
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Great review Drago, well done.

You've scared me off trying to tonneau cover, though I haven't been on the highway with the top down yet. I'll be thinking of you when I do.

I've had very few problems myself, beyond those you've mentioned which I agree with 100%.

I'm not too keen on everything being menu driven, seems cumbersome to do the simplest things, but this should improve with practice/experience.

A minor nit I have is that despite having tried like 25 times, I can't get the Homelink garage controls to work on my Genie garage door opener. I know it should as I had an Avalanche briefly in '03 and I was able to program it easily. Any helpful advice is welcome!

Other than that, it's just getting used to the visibility, it helps that the car is so responsive that there's little to worry about, with the T/C on, it doesn't even want to get a way from you.

I'm concerned about your gas milage though, that's FAR less than we should be getting.....if I could find the stupid menu button to check my estimated fuel consumption, I'd compare notes

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #33
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post

You've scared me off trying to tonneau cover, though I haven't been on the highway with the top down yet. I'll be thinking of you when I do.

I've had very few problems myself, beyond those you've mentioned which I agree with 100%.

I'm not too keen on everything being menu driven, seems cumbersome to do the simplest things, but this should improve with practice/experience.

A minor nit I have is that despite having tried like 25 times, I can't get the Homelink garage controls to work on my Genie garage door opener. I know it should as I had an Avalanche briefly in '03 and I was able to program it easily. Any helpful advice is welcome!

Other than that, it's just getting used to the visibility, it helps that the car is so responsive that there's little to worry about, with the T/C on, it doesn't even want to get a way from you.

I'm concerned about your gas milage though, that's FAR less than we should be getting.....if I could find the stupid menu button to check my estimated fuel consumption, I'd compare notes

Tib
I have an OLD Craftsman garage door opener (original from.when the house was built in 93!) And I had no problem programming. Just followed the directions in the manual. The only things I can suggest are making sure your well within operating range and you hold the button and wait for the proper sequence of flashes. Mine worked on the first time trying.

The menu controls are a bit cumbersome as you pointed out. A lot of scrolling. I haven't read the entire manual yet, but from my tinkerings on the fly, there seems to be 2 primary menus, each with its own sub menus. One is fluid temps, tire pressure etc, the other is fuel remaining, mpgs, speed, trip, etc... I do need to read up on that, thatsone of the things I left out because I didn't research it. I have the general idea, but still haven't figured out resettng the trip, or the mpg... overall, the 17+ is probably fair, cuz I have done a lot of city and stop n go driving mixed with the hwy... plus there may have been the occassional import or Ford left behind at a traffic.light, lol!
Old 03-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #34
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:

Tib
You got your 03 Avalanche to work with the genie garage door? My 03 Escalade would never sync up with my genie. It worked perfect with my previous door AND gate.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #35
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
I must've gotten lucky with the Avalanche but only had it a month, so good luck counted less. The Camaro on the other hand....I've tried programming all 3 buttons, I've reset them to blank and tried again. All the buttons blink as they're supposed to, but not a one will actually open or close the bloody door. Really infuriating as I'd have rather been driving!

Still open to good ideas, while the spare opener fits on the tiny sun visor (TINY) it likes to slip off and frankly it's ugly up there!

Good luck with that cover Drago!

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #36
Old Guy

Drives: 4 Chevy's in the Driveway
Great post Drago! A couple of items:

I ran by the dealer today, and he had a vert on the ground that he was putting the ground effects on. I opened and closed the doors several times and had no issues. Perhaps your door just needs to be realigned.

We opened the hood, and my first thought was "Where's the frickin battery?" We looked in trunk and didn't see it, then looked under the back seats and saw a cable leading toward the trunk, so we looked again. Sure enough, it was there. I wonder where people would put a spare tire if they had ordered one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
The menu controls are a bit cumbersome as you pointed out. A lot of scrolling. I haven't read the entire manual yet, but from my tinkerings on the fly, there seems to be 2 primary menus, each with its own sub menus. One is fluid temps, tire pressure etc, the other is fuel remaining, mpgs, speed, trip, etc... I do need to read up on that, thatsone of the things I left out because I didn't research it. I have the general idea, but still haven't figured out resettng the trip, or the mpg... overall, the 17+ is probably fair, cuz I have done a lot of city and stop n go driving mixed with the hwy... plus there may have been the occassional import or Ford left behind at a traffic.light, lol!
The menu system sound a lot like the one on my Suburban. It's fairly easy to operate once you know where to look for everything.

Can't wait for mine to get in, but there is still one ahead of me.

Last edited by Old Guy; 03-07-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #37
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post

I ran by the dealer today, and he had a vert on the ground that he was putting the ground effects on. I opened and closed the doors several times and had no issues. Perhaps your door just needs to be realigned.

We opened the hood, and my first thought was "Where's the frickin battery?" We looked in trunk and didn't see it, then looked under the back seats and saw a cable leading toward the trunk, so we looked again. Sure enough, it was there. I wonder where people would put a spare tire if they had ordered one.

Spare tire fits on top of the battery. and still sits under the carpeted cover. I already have mine ordered.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #38
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
The spare tire fits right over the top of the battery just like in the coupe.
Apparently the availability of a spare tire is what was holding up my vert order.

Quote:

Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #39
Old Guy

Drives: 4 Chevy's in the Driveway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
The spare tire fits right over the top of the battery just like in the coupe.
Apparently the availability of a spare tire is what was holding up my vert order.
I didn't order the spare on my RS/2LT, Nutbutt. When we finally did locate the battery, the tire pump was right there beside it under the styrofoam fake looking tire. That's why we were confuse the first time thru....we saw the fake looking round thing and thought it was a spare tire..LOL!

A stupid question here....what do the gound effects do for you with regard to performance?
Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #40
FirstandFifthGen

Drives: 68 Camaro, 48 Chevy truck, 36 Chevy
Quote:
I must've gotten lucky with the Avalanche but only had it a month, so good luck counted less. The Camaro on the other hand....I've tried programming all 3 buttons, I've reset them to blank and tried again. All the buttons blink as they're supposed to, but not a one will actually open or close the bloody door. Really infuriating as I'd have rather been driving!

Still open to good ideas, while the spare opener fits on the tiny sun visor (TINY) it likes to slip off and frankly it's ugly up there!

Good luck with that cover Drago!

Tib
Tib, I didn't have any problems with my garage door opener programming. One thing I would throw out is, I do have to hold the camaro button in for a couple seconds before the door responds...definitely not instataneous like the regular remote pods...
Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #41
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
I didn't order the spare on my RS/2LT, Nutbutt. When we finally did locate the battery, the tire pump was right there beside it under the styrofoam fake looking tire. That's why we were confuse the first time thru....we saw the fake looking round thing and thought it was a spare tire..LOL!

A stupid question here....what do the gound effects do for you with regard to performance?
Nothing performance wise- purely cosmetic.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #42
FirstandFifthGen

Drives: 68 Camaro, 48 Chevy truck, 36 Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfan22 View Post
Please Tell me that a set of golf clubs will fit in the trunk...
...and it shall be...
Attached Images