Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

Drives: 2010 L99
little help

Ok so I decided to try the usb port in my console the other day. I started out with a flash drive..... nothing, used my cell phone and blue tooth, yea it worked , but I did not like having one song play and then eather loose my connection or have to stop the car and pick a new song... went to a MP3 The radio said" device not recognized and now AUX wont show up any more at all. I thought it might ba the player I had so I tried a differant one NOPE, bought a Ipad touch nothing it does not even try to look for anything, NO AUX anymore, Did I blow a fuse or something? any one have a walk through on this thing????

Thank,
mgoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
Might need to do an update to the software on the stereo. Take it to the dealer to see if you have the latest version.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #3
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

will do.... thanks.......
Old 08-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
seeing as how you have a 2010.....you probably have the issue that so many did with the USB....There is a TSB out, a LOT of research went into this.....I read over 30 pages of the thread that goes back to 2009 coverinjg this issue, and the thread is still active. Its listed below.

The bottom line is to have the PDIM replaced and all will be good. IF your car is still warrantee, it will be covered at no cost to you.

FIRST, I'd take it to the dealer.....and while your there, pirnt out and give them a copy of this TSB, get the part on the top and have them install it!

There was a TSB (Technical Service Bullitin) issued (PI0055B) that will address these issues. I have attached the TSB and at the top is the GM P/N that needs to be installed.

The following information was sent to me via:

Scott Settlemire - GM Global Headquarters
Cheryl Pilcher – Camaro Product Manager
Jeff Morris – GM Customer Service.

In the TSB PI0055B, you will find this info:

In the top in the CONDITION/CONCERN section......the 5th bullet, it states "intermittent device operation from one ignition cycle to the next" . This covers it and will solve other issues with the operation of the unit.

NEXT you need to determine the Hardware/Software version you have in your system and how you and the dealer will proceed.

In the next section down, the RECOMMENDATION/INSTRUCTIONS section gives you the inscructions on how to determine the HW/SW version. If your HW version is either a Cx (where the X stands for any of the C versions) or a DA you need to have them REPLACE the entire PDIM unit....hopefully this is where you are at. PRINT OUT THE TSB and take it with you when you go to your dealer.

PI0055B with GM PN#.pdf

There is a thread here that was started in 2009 and is still going....when I had this same issue, I found the thread and it was 30 pages long, its up to 39 pages now, and still active....I read every page, and did my homework.....even the GM Service Rep was helping and was posting so that all the correct info was put out. I went to my dealer with this TSB, they ordered the part listed on the top of the TSB and my system has performed FLAWLESSLY ever since.

Here is a link to the thread: PDIM Softwear UPDATE
also attached is what your HW/SW window will look like when the proper PDIM is installed.

Name:  DB-DD.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  43.2 KB
Old 08-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

I took it to the dealer the other day and wile I waited i begain to wonder were all the fuses to this radio are. after finding that some are in the trunk and some in the cab I started checking them out. Just for the sake of saying I did it I pulled all the fuses out and looked at each one, didnt have my fluke with me, too make sure there were none blowed. Well None were blowed but one was loose in the cab and after wigling it the USB port and everything that had not worked in the past started working.... This is so great no more stacks of CD's ..........
Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

Now its time to start looking at a amp JL or fosgate power. I was wanting about 75 rms x4 for my mid/highs to replace the stock amp, what does everyone recomend? I have already started ordering my speakers.. replacing the back 6x9 first. are the door 6.5 or 5.5??? also how are we wiring the amps .. Using high pass or RCA??????