Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-06-2009, 01:23 AM   #15
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Updated with some pictures !

Just rushed a few shots before it started pouring rain immediately after these pic's were taken.. I'll put more later when I get decent weather
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:33 AM   #16
gtwss
Time To Hammer Down

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 02 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Updated with some pictures !

Just rushed a few shots before it started pouring rain immediately after these pic's were taken.. I'll put more later when I get decent weather
Need to see some more pics Congrats on the new ride

2SS, CGM, M6, Polished Wheels
6000 8/13/09
gtwss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #17
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
enjoy! I know you will love it. Black sure does bring out the low profile of the car.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #18
Mayhem

I think I got less sleep now that I have the car.

While it was parked out front, I had to check on it every few minutes to make sure it was still there OR just to admire it... still in disbelief it's actually there.... So I had to make sure it really was ! aha..

Moved it into the garage after driving it all night, and I had to go down and visit it there too. Come upstairs only to stare at pictures of MY car... Finally I get to check out pix of my own ride instead of everyone elses... (I love diggin new pix of everyone elses rides) but seeing my own is a great feelin.

Driving this standard is a lot different than the one I learned on. Feel like I'm basically re-learning all over again.... I took it straight home from the dealer to practice on some hills in my area, found a good steep one.. Glad it was a quiet one.... because let's just say I was there for a while.

Had a few embarassing stalls so far, but things are getting smoother as I get a little more comfortable and familiar with the car.

I think the worst stall I had was a pretty unreal scenario.

I'm driving through a pretty quiet street and come to a point where these 3 lifted, dirty pickups have the road blocked so I hafta wait for the one truck to pull into a driveway to let me pass. Meanwhile all 3 drivers as well as passengers are all eyes on me checkin out the Camaro... as the truck pulls outta the way, I notice there is a Mustang right opposite of me waiting to come my direction.... Andddd just as it clears up and I'm about to pass through... *STALL* Noooooo... ahah... I thought it was too funny for my pride to be hurt at all... They were all laughin at me... (I was laughin too though)
But I felt embarassed about it afterwards. Couldn't believe that happened.

Otherwise, this car is a dream come true.
Feels fantasticcccccc.
Visibility is taking some adjusting, the power is taking adjusting!
Coming from driving a van for so long....

I find the only thing that is really different visibility wise for me is that I have a habit of frequent shoulder checks especially for lane changing.. which doesn't work anymore because of the pillar right there. And the shape of the windows. A lot more mirror checking going on now to compensate.

Has been raining all day today too though... Annoying, was hoping the sun would stick around for me.

PS... (Man does that grille like bugs as ornaments)
Old 09-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #19
leftdust

Drives: Sports Car
Thank God you went manual.
leftdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #20
Mayhem

I'm definately glad I went manual... the more comfortable I get, the more rewarding it feels.

Day 1 was a pain but I think that had a lot to do with how loose the clutch was on the "toyota corolla" that I learned on... this being more tight/stiff/new.... felt worlds apart from the prior. Soooo A bit of a learning curve but I'm pickin it up and I've got a much better feel after spending all day/night today with it.

I conquored all the hills that stalled me yesturday, today with zero stalls on any of them.. so that was good. Still stall a little once in a while but not nearly as much.

Stalling in busy area's is terrible because of all the attention on this car. Everyone see's.

I know theres a few Camaro's local , but obviously not enough to take away from it's rock star status.... The stares are hillarious, the jaw drops... the blatant OMG... THE NEW CAMARO... the THAT IS ONE SEXY CAR....

Today my favorite two quotes of the day were "I wan't to have sex with this Camaro" (reminds me of someone on here)
and "Is that the first one they made?"

I think the most annoying two things so far for me is the crazy's that pull the instant U-turns and tail gate me to catch a better look ... (have had a lottt of these) And the ones that while driving past me in a parking lot... stop paying attention and stare.. and almost swipe the front end.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #21
CGM DIVA

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro
Congratulations!!! Good looking car
Old 09-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #22
BenReilly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Congrats on the car, the black looks awesome
BenReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:44 AM   #23
Mayhem

Thanks much

Lovinggg it !!

I can't believe how often I hafta go into the garage just to sit in the car... Just to look at it... Turn it on and hear it.. Smell that new car smell..

If there was better air circulation in the garage I just might sleep in it.

Driving it isn't enough.

I love camaro.
"Do you really love Camaro? Or are you just saying that because you seen it?"

I Love Camaro!

Man... Drive it... put it in the garage... visit it in the garage.... go upstairs... look at pictures of it..

Obsessed much?
Old 09-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #24
Mayhem

Just throwing up a few more pix
Old 09-13-2009, 04:20 AM   #25
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Congrats!!!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote