Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #57
WICG2772
Bring on the sunshine!

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS Rally Ylw/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by egp View Post
Stick to your guns. I would not accept body work, either. I can't believe they would even suggest it for a car that hasn't even made it home yet! Tell both Geico and Allstate that you are posting a summary of their business ethics on a online forum with a million readers. See if that changes their tune any.
+1
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #58
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Insurance companies are going to try to settle the claim for the least amount of money possible. You did the right thing by refusing the check. Allstate was hoping you would go away on the cheap but you didn't. Hopefully your insurance company will take care of you on this one because the other party's insurance company is certainly not out for your best interests.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #59
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Seeing it was so new, as I said in my PM, I wouldn't accept repaired parts either. You bought a new car, you get new parts, not a patch-up job.

And I agree with egp, if neither of the insurance companies wants to go for the only decent thing to do and replace the parts, tell them you'll give them some "free publicity" on here. (FWIW, I'm from halfway round the world, and I actually read this also, so it does have some effect).
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #60
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Hopefully it won't come down to any out of pocket for you. But if your insurance pays don't you have to pay your deductible?

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #61
ORANGA2D

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6
Don’t take it…

I had about the same damage. A girl rear ended me, but at fairly low speed as I sat at a stop light. The cost for my dealer to fix it was $2200. That was to remove, fix, sand, repaint and then reinstall the rear bumper cover and to replace the rear diffuser. They were not going to fix the small but slightly visible gouge in the rear diffuser. So that is an idea of the cost you might face. Have you got a estimate from your dealer or other repair place?
Attached Images

ORANGA2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #62
tobalt

Drives: IBM L99 2SS/RS
Stick to your guns chica!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #63
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
If you pay your deductible, it should be reimbursed when the claim is settled.

HELL NO!!!! No Bondo!!!!

Being a new black car... they may not have to blend the adjacent panels, but check it out real good the Sun before you accept it.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #64
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchnrican View Post
hey guys. i just wanted to update this thread on what has happened so far.

insurance of person that caused accident = Allstate
my insurance = Geico

someone from Allstate came out to look at my car. He said the damage is "repairable". the bottom of my bumper has dents across it. like a wave, or rippled. He said they would sand that down and then re-paint it. the ground effects piece has a large circular dent in it. I assume from the other persons lights or something. He said they would fill that in with some kind of "stuff". I cant remember the word he used. Sounded like some kind of putty. I told him I want the parts replaced. He said no. He also said the difference between "re-pairing" and replacing the parts was only about 500 bucks. He was going to write me a check for about 700-800 bucks for repairs. I didn't take it. I told him no, the parts WILL be replaced. My insurance company will replace them and then you guys can argue with them over the money -.- lol.

i'm sorry, but I want the parts replaced. if my car was a few years old I wouldn't care, but I just drove this well over 40k purchase off the lot for the first time and then someone causes damage to it. I purchased a brand new car and I want a brand new car. I don't want damaged parts on my car that have been sanded and puttied, etc. We've talked to Geico and it seems like they are willing to just replace the parts. the guy from Allstate did say though... that if the body shop says they need to be replaced to make it right then they will pay to have them replaced. but only if they attempt to repair it first.

I have 2 appointments this morning with Geico and the body shop at the dealer I bought the car from. Someone from Geico is going to look at it and give their assessment, just like someone from Allstate did. Then i'm going over to the body shop. I'm curious as to what they say the best and right way to fix this problem is.

i'm more upset at the fact it now has an accident report in it's history than the damage though. damage is nothing serious. both insurance companies said I could file a diminished value claim, especially since it was so new. We'll see what happens with that.
I AM SO ON BOARD WITH YOU FIGHT FOR IT REPLACE IT ALL SCREW HIM. i will start my own band waggon over here for you GO FOR IT TAKE NOTHING LESS THEM WHAT YOU DESERVE!

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #65
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
So sorry the accident happened, but very glad no one was seriously hurt. Hope your new baby is good as new very soon.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #66
Dalefj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss
good to know that the only things that broke were plastic! Always replaceable hahaha
Dalefj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #67
oharage

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS Victory Red
That really sucks....
oharage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #68
soniccj7

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM
I was in an accident on my 1996 ZX-9r Motorcycle in 2002. I was hit from behind at a stop sign when waiting for room to merge. Scratcched my fairings good and cracked them in a couple places. The person who hit me was insured by Amica. They paid to have all my parts replaced including my helmet, which is only good for one accident, no matter how minor.

Keep pushing for replacement parts so that the car is like it was before the accident. I am sure the dealership will want to use factory parts and will write up the estimate.

Good Luck.

ED