Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-12-2017, 06:12 AM   #1
justiny

Drives: ...
Does your girlfriend/wife talk too much about nothing?

*Ranting/ asking for help alert*
Hi all, I am just wondering if you guys experience the mentioned problem in the title and if you've got any solutions to it...

Background: Me and my girlfriend are both in uni, studying engineering and science respectively. We practically live together, she is lovely and nice but the only problem is she seems to never stop talking.

Speech comes out of her mouth like an uncontrollable diarrhea, she wouldn't stop going on about technical (which I have no knowledge of) and non-technical topic (of which I have no involvement with, usually about how she THINKS her friends are mad with her etc). I am a simple man and after a long day, I just want to have my dinner in peace, let's say.
Any (practical) solutions will be much appreciated

Last edited by justiny; 02-12-2017 at 11:47 AM.
justiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:37 AM   #2
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Duct tape?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Ha Ha... That's just the way some women are :-)
My wife will occasionally do that, usually during a show I want to watch. Here's what I'd try:
When you both sit down for dinner, ask her how her day was, and listen to her intently. Make sure she knows you are listening to what she's saying. Then later, when she starts talking about all the same stuff, just kindly tell her that she already told you that. That might make her start to hesitate and think about what she's about to tell you. Good Luck!
I can tell you from experience, that what you're dealing with is far better than having her sit in silence and tell you nothing!
P.S. FWIW, I've been married for 40 yrs - just my .02
Old 02-12-2017, 07:13 AM   #4
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
I've known how you feel for the last 25 years, and I STILL don't have an answer for you. In my case though, it's become a matter of "It's cheaper to keep her."
Old 02-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #5
justiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMyBoy View Post
Ha Ha... That's just the way some women are :-)
My wife will occasionally do that, usually during a show I want to watch. Here's what I'd try:
When you both sit down for dinner, ask her how her day was, and listen to her intently. Make sure she knows you are listening to what she's saying. Then later, when she starts talking about all the same stuff, just kindly tell her that she already told you that. That might make her start to hesitate and think about what she's about to tell you. Good Luck!
I can tell you from experience, that what you're dealing with is far better than having her sit in silence and tell you nothing!
P.S. FWIW, I've been married for 40 yrs - just my .02
you must be hanging on pretty well then haha! I do see where you coming from and indeed if I strike first, that restricts the topic which she can waffle on...only issue is, when you come back brain dead, all you want is food and bed straight after (but then I am being unaffectionate)
I think it gets on my nerves the most when she tells me about things that;s neither hers or my business, like how her (ex-)friend who now she dislikes mismanages her own finances..... WHAT RESPONSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME WOMAN?!
Old 02-12-2017, 07:27 AM   #6
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
I been married going on 44 yrs. My wife and I are not like that. But it's not just women men do the same dam thing.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:32 AM   #7
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by justiny View Post
you must be hanging on pretty well then haha! I do see where you coming from and indeed if I strike first, that restricts the topic which she can waffle on...only issue is, when you come back brain dead, all you want is food and bed straight after (but then I am being unaffectionate)
I think it gets on my nerves the most when she tells me about things that;s neither hers or my business, like how her (ex-)friend who now she dislikes mismanages her own finances..... WHAT RESPONSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME WOMAN?!
Tell her I don't need to hear about other peoples problems. I have enough problems of my own just listening you ramble on.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:36 AM   #8
justiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Tell her I don't need to hear about other peoples problems. I have enough problems of my own just listening you ramble on.
haha dude I dont know about you but if I say that, I will never see another sunset in my life
Old 02-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #9
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Ive been with my wife 28 years.....2 kids ..3 grand kids. She has been a talker from the night I met here. Considering how wonderful she is all the time I just go along with it laughing to myself. From what ive seen and heard about other guys wives...if talking to much is my only problem ..im good.

Last edited by rontammy0; 02-12-2017 at 09:51 AM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #10
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
mine likes to complain about her job any anything that goes wrong around the house.cant do much about her job but i did remove the back of the dryer and cleaned out a ton of lint and as a precaution painted the kitchen this weekend.beach season is almost here.its funny,she counts her blessings that i dont watch football/baseball on TV.beach season here is 9 months out of the year...LOL.and nothing much gets done around the house during beach season.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:43 AM   #11
kingz
Banned

Drives: The best!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
I've known how you feel for the last 25 years, and I STILL don't have an answer for you. In my case though, it's become a matter of "It's cheaper to keep her."
lmao... Foreal
kingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #12
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Wife talk to much

You know those commercials that say it's what you do? They need to make one about wives/gf's because that's what they do.

Only when one or 2 of the rare shows I watch on TV are on will my wife talk continually. If we're at dinner or at a park she hardly says anything. It's what they do
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:24 AM   #13
justiny

You guys are gold (Not that many sensible ideas have been brought forward but definitely put a smile on my face lol)
Old 02-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #14
justiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Team 6 View Post
You know those commercials that say it's what you do? They need to make one about wives/gf's because that's what they do.

Only when one or 2 of the rare shows I watch on TV are on will my wife talk continually. If we're at dinner or at a park she hardly says anything. It's what they do
I can't be the only person who enjoys a walk in the park in silence, or enjoy my food without being disturbed you are a lucky man!