Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 12-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
glc55

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black Camaro
Who going to CF 2015

Any one going to Camaro Fest 2015? A nice long drive to Kentucky ? lol Greg
Old 12-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
Edlocs
IECC

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Dang another fest in the east coast . Maybe time for another mini west coast fest like the one Stillen hosted.
Mods: CAI Intake, Eibach Springs and Sway bars, Clear Bra, Borla Sport Catback, AAC Side Markers, DJG Phantom Hidden Headlight Grille, Suncoast Creation Functional Hood, Anvil Notched Spoiler, Custom Painted Stripes, Mail Slot Delete, 3D Carbon Fender Vets
Edlocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
yea......NOT. That's the lame thing they wont even acknowledge that we haven't had a fest even remotely close to us other than texas going on four years now
Old 12-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
just made my reservations.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
It means a lot to have you guys... Hope to roll out the red carpet for CA.

TX was pretty pissed at Fest 4 and then they got theirs in 2014. Guarantee we are already looking your direction for 2016.

Hang in there and thanks for understanding.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Sorry, but it hasn't been anywhere near us for 4 years, which really sucks...it would be nice if it was within a days drive of us, which the midwest/middle of country has enjoyed the last 4 years....
Old 12-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Sorry, but it hasn't been anywhere near us for 4 years, which really sucks...it would be nice if it was within a days drive of us, which the midwest/middle of country has enjoyed the last 4 years....
Completely understand... 1st 4 years it was a 2 day drive for the Texas crew as well. 5th year is a charm and hopefully we can make an announcement at BG that we're going to Fontana, Vegas or Chandler etc. Also hope we can enlist your help along the way. Hotel is the KEY.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #8
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Completely understand... 1st 4 years it was a 2 day drive for the Texas crew as well. 5th year is a charm and hopefully we can make an announcement at BG that we're going to Fontana, Vegas or Chandler etc. Also hope we can enlist your help along the way. Hotel is the KEY.
I understand the Texas groups frustration but the strove to include you guys and went there last year what I don't understand is how they have two feats out there and then go to Texas and now we go back out there it's like the west part of the country isn't even included. It should go west coast to the mid west to the east and then southern states all should get a chance rather than primarily play with the middle part of the country and the east for going on 5 out of 6 years
Old 12-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
I understand the Texas groups frustration but the strove to include you guys and went there last year what I don't understand is how they have two feats out there and then go to Texas and now we go back out there it's like the west part of the country isn't even included. It should go west coast to the mid west to the east and then southern states all should get a chance rather than primarily play with the middle part of the country and the east for going on 5 out of 6 years
If there was anyway possible to do it out West this year it would be done.

Too many variables to debate as to why it didn't happen, but I can assure you just like it was in Texas... the West was top of the list.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #10
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
FWIW, almost half of the tracks we called were in AZ NV and CA. Price, Dates and GM's Availability were all a factor.

Some of the tracks out west never even called us back...

Again, I know it doesn't help. But we tried to give the West a fighting chance for C5F6.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Its ok Dannie we will find something to do...
Old 12-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #12
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
FWIW, almost half of the tracks we called were in AZ NV and CA. Price, Dates and GM's Availability were all a factor.

Some of the tracks out west never even called us back...

Again, I know it doesn't help. But we tried to give the West a fighting chance for C5F6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If there was anyway possible to do it out West this year it would be done.

Too many variables to debate as to why it didn't happen, but I can assure you just like it was in Texas... the West was top of the list.

Not saying you guys did anything wron at all I just have had two camaros now and really love this site and the people around here and would have just liked to been able to at least try and take place in the fest but Kentucky is ridiculously far
Old 12-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Not saying you guys did anything wron at all I just have had two camaros now and really love this site and the people around here and would have just liked to been able to at least try and take place in the fest but Kentucky is ridiculously far
...and that's really what it's about. Getting to meet and hang out with cyber friends from the forum. We are still actively trying to get this thing back out there. We know it must move around for this to happen but damn it's tough to get all the pieces to fall in place. Sorry it didn't happen this time but it ain't done yet.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #14
Edlocs
IECC

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post

hmm anyone else notice his location
Mods: CAI Intake, Eibach Springs and Sway bars, Clear Bra, Borla Sport Catback, AAC Side Markers, DJG Phantom Hidden Headlight Grille, Suncoast Creation Functional Hood, Anvil Notched Spoiler, Custom Painted Stripes, Mail Slot Delete, 3D Carbon Fender Vets
Edlocs is offline   Reply With Quote