Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
11 Camaro IBM

Drives: Camaro IBM
Blue the beast

ALL PICTURES BELOW IN ORDER

So its been over a year and I think Im read to start this thread.
I got Blue back in 2010 with the help of my Aunt who is like my mom, since I was 18 and working a print shop job doing it alone was just impossible. It was a 2011 camaro LS IBM. After about 6 months of keeping it stock I wanted more I got a better job as a correctional officer and started modding.. here is a pic of the stock car

Then when I was graduating high school I used my money to buy myself a GM high wing spoiler and K&N Intake, I installed the intake at home and the spoiler was done at Chuck Nash Chevy

Once I started modding going back was pretty hard so I just kept modding, Over the summer I bought Flowmaster Axle Back exhaust installed By Chuck Nash and The OEM remote start also installed at my dealership. I dont have pic of this. I aslo got sequentail tail lights that I think look pretty cool I am waiting on the Apex ones right now.

I wanted new rims and didnt have that much cash so I went and bough these 18" rims from chevy. I liked them for a while, but then I just needed something more because my tires look weird on them. heres some pics snowman!!!!!!! plus rims.

I kinda got tierd with the stock halogen headlighst so I managed to save up and buy some eagle eyes because the AAC halos were to hard to intall at that point in time. After a few months I also 6000k HID kit with AAC LED Switchback bulbs that I sold to get VELDs white turnbacks.This was my first time taking off the bumper and learning how to wire up HID's. Pics!

Eventually I had a little more money and I traded back my rims and found a fourm member who had OEM 20" Midnigh silver rims and tires I wanted them bad and I managed to get them...pics will come later in my story

I wanted a little more preformace so I bought the Vmax ported throttle body It was amazing loved how it killed that lag in the lower rpm's. I installed that at my house after about 2 Engine lights I finaly got it cleared by taking off the battery for 15 min.

Now It was about xmas time and I had an amazing xmas with my family and girl freind. My grild friend bought me an OEM leather steering this was the biggest interor mod I have It changed the look and was a kinda hard self install. It got me audio controls thanks to te update at capital Chevy. My little brother also surprised me with a toy camaro thats realy great too. heres some pics

So now that xmas was over It was my bday in Febuary and also time to get some of my income tax money in. I managed to get my first credit card!! So with all this I started to build my ZL1 front I couldnt have done it without the help of Ofer, Chevy 3, And my parts guy at chuck Nash chevy. It took me about a 2 months to order up all the parts that I needed, but I finaly got them all It was painted my Ernies Body shop in San Marcos, Tx for a great price. Once painted I assembled it in my room with the help of my great Girlfriend. Then with the help of my grandpa I got it moddified and put on my car with no fogs or DRL yet. Next was the installation of the swiftmotor sports manual hide away plate installed at Erines its so worth it. Pics

After mabye another month I got the fogs and DRLs in.With the help of my girlfreind and the use of my moms garage I installed the new lights. I used Ofers projector fog harness for the lower fogs and called Ofer for help wiring the upper DRLs to my LS. I also ordered and got my ZL1 side skirts from GM Parts house and Erine Let me use his shop to intall them.They came out cool heres some pics.

So now came gettng rid of the eagle eyes and doing something more i felt that i was ready to do a retofit and I did. I took my OEM halogen headlights and I opened them up and kinda gutted them. I spray painted the refelctive hosuings and the projector shrouds gloss black with clear coat. I used the morimoto H1 projector kit it came with h13 relay, 2 3five balasts, 2 projectors with bi xenon high beam flaps, all the hardware needed, 2 3five 5000k HID bulbs, and other goodies this was a very high quality kit the cut off lines are sharper than the OEM RS projectors. Then I used AAC beautiful 2.0 Colorshift halo's and the older remote. I have the new remote on order them look great. So this was a project that me and my GF did togther all the way through I even let her take off the bumper by here self while I worked under the hood 10 hours later and still worht it. We also installed LED H9 fog lights for the little projector fogs. PICs below LOT's

So then Me and my GF joined the San Antonio Camaro club togther we both got shirts. So I started going to the SA coffee and rides meet and here are some pics from the first meet and the second. I was parked next to Lupe's amazing car. Its not the cleanest but, my car looked good. By this point mr GF has become my modding partner . I love her so much.

Last edited by 11 Camaro IBM; 10-27-2012 at 12:34 AM.
11 Camaro IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Real Nice mods....she looks good with all you have done...welcome to the club.......
money-spending-club that is!!!....
Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
11 Camaro IBM

Haha thanks lots of money
Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Nice work!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
how did you get just the DRLs to turn on in the first pic with the fog lights?
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
11 Camaro IBM

My DRLs are wired to my headlights so when I have parking plus headlights one both come on my lower fogs are wired to the parking with a ttap
Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
11 Camaro IBM

I just ordered out Tracys new ICE-solater!!! So I'll be installing it when it gets here with a review then it's off to trifecta for tuning
Old 03-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #8
11 Camaro IBM

Zl1 grill coming with new bow tie and I'm thinking about getting LS embems in either ABM or black
Old 03-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #9
sene

Not sure I'm following -

What setting do you have the knob turned to for DRLs / Headlights only (first picture)? And how about drls / fogs / headlights on (second picture)?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #10
11 Camaro IBM

This is my old set up, but when my knob was on auto the hids came on and the DRLs because the DRL are ttaped to the power from headlights... And my lower fogs are wired to my parking so when I turn tw knob all the way right it triggers my headlights/DRl and parking/lowerfogs/halos.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
sene

which wires did you tap for the head lights and for the parking lights?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
11 Camaro IBM

It was the yellow power on the headlight harness and the light blue and brown on the sidemarker harness talk to Ofer to make sure
Old 03-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #13
sene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM View Post
It was the yellow power on the headlight harness and the light blue and brown on the sidemarker harness talk to Ofer to make sure
Thanks man!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #14
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Car looks great needs side skirts to go with the front bumper ,looks a kiiler I love it,good work .