Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
SCT or iTSX?

I am having my car done soon and will be getting the SCT X3. I just saw that I could buy the ITSX for $70 more and use my iPad or itouch to tune it. I think the apple products would have a nicer user interface and is the way to go. I can't see when I would never have an iPad or itouch. Should I????
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
avellanet.jr
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
I am having my car done soon and will be getting the SCT X3. I just saw that I could buy the ITSX for $70 more and use my iPad or itouch to tune it. I think the apple products would have a nicer user interface and is the way to go. I can't see when I would never have an iPad or itouch. Should I????

I went with the ITSX. The interface was to convincing. USPS said it will be here today. Tonight I will get the stock tune downloaded and sent to Ted for the upgrades as well as play with my new toy lol.
avellanet.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
If you haven't purchased either, then you can't go wrong with the ITSX, it does so much more, gives 0-60. 1/8 and 1/4 miles et, a lot sweeter setup
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Thanks guys. I'm going to Jannetty Next week and will go with the itsx
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID

Last edited by Maxspeed; 08-27-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
If you haven't purchased either, then you can't go wrong with the ITSX, it does so much more, gives 0-60. 1/8 and 1/4 miles et, a lot sweeter setup

hope it works better then the torque app, it's about a sec off on the 1/8 mile..

Anyone know any of this works on this one? I know if didn't on the X3

User Adjustable Vehicle Parameters
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #6
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Tampa Tuning Camaro Corvette CTS-v GTO GM Trucks performance tuning

I was at a shop last week and they were trying to first update the operation system of the ITSX which took 3 hours, then they couldnt get the data to load.

I tuned one full car, and strapped down another, before they gave up. lol

If you want tuning toys, those are ok to have. If you want platforms to actually design a custom calibration for your vehicle, go with HP Tuners or EFI and dont limit yourself.
www.TampaTuning.com
Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote