Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Deleted

Deleted

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs

Last edited by InvaderMoose; 03-06-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Deleted
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Why not buy a new 1LE and build another car, using lessons you learned building the old one?
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
good luck man and that is one fine car
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
InvaderMoose

Because I don't want to build another or replace it. I want the one I previously owned.

Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
Old 03-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
I can understand the dealership not wanting (or being allowed becasue of privacy laws) not to give you the new owner's contact information. I don't know why they wouldn't be able to contact the owner themselves and inform that person someone has expressed interst in buying the car (back) and to let the dealership know if there is any interest on their part. As far I know, since the owner has already doen business with the dealership, there is no violation of privacy laws (unless diffeent in Florida) for them to contact their past customer - the dealership I bought my Camaro from contacts me regularly. Who knows - the dealer might end up making another sale on a new vechicle for the current owner.
Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
Because I don't want to build another or replace it. I want the one I previously owned.
Even if you found it, how much are you willing to pay for that car? An owner just won't say, "oh you're previous owner? No problem I sell it to you what I paid or of value." If he loves it you're screwed unless money is no object and you're willing to spend around 45k to buy it back? Go buy another car dude. It's gone. You have it up. Fr what reason I don't know, but whatever the reason it doesn't justify you getting it back now does it? Unless you still have the papers saying you're the owner and its been stolen.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Call Papa John's Pizza, ask for the owner. He's got experience in this field. I believe he ponied up $250G to get his old 2nd gen back.............................................. ..................................I must confess, however... I'd pay a lot of shiny nickels to get my old Cutlass back...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Even if you found it, how much are you willing to pay for that car? An owner just won't say, "oh you're previous owner? No problem I sell it to you what I paid or of value." If he loves it you're screwed unless money is no object and you're willing to spend around 45k to buy it back? Go buy another car dude. It's gone. You have it up. Fr what reason I don't know, but whatever the reason it doesn't justify you getting it back now does it? Unless you still have the papers saying you're the owner and its been stolen.
..you sound offended. The car isn't gone, it's a few miles away in another city and I have the money to buy it back.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #9
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro/ss/rs View Post
Hope you find it. Why did you let it go?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #10
starhutch
THE RED ROCKER

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR
I get it, good luck in your quest Moose!
starhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
I remember reading about it when you sold it, good luck finding it!
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
...whatever the reason it doesn't justify you getting it back now does it? ...
OP doesn't have to "justify" anything. He wants to make an offer... the current owner can take it or leave it. No harm, no crime, no foul, no "need to justify." Hell, I'd be happy to entertain offers on any used car I ever owned... and if the price was good enough to make me happy, I'd go for it. If not, tough luck, pal. The OP is not planning to kill the current owner and steal the car, as far as I can tell... just wants to make a valid business proposal.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
Mezzmo

Drives: 2012 45th RS
Good luck bud. Hope you find it. If I could find my '72 Challenger I got rid of 25 years ago, I'd buy it back too. We all have cars we regret selling, you're just lucky to be close enough to possibly get it back.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #14
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Good luck Bump.