Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #113
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
If you had an on-star subscription you may be able to call them and ask them to help you back track the car. Also, I would ask the dealer to contact the new owners for you (provide them your phone number) and see if they would call you back.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #114
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I'm heading to St.Petersburg tomorrow for the Grand Prix. Zolfo isn't too far away. If I see your car around I'll try and get you some contact info.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #115
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
had it for two years, eventually the EXTREMELY loud exhaust (ask sc2150 on the forum. it was loud.) started giving me toothaches and headaches from hearing it so often. For the first year and a half I loved the exhaust, but I got used to it since the car was my daily driver, so all i started seeing in it were negatives. Starting it up on my way to work at 6 am is the equivalent to someone waking you up by screaming in your ear.

The car was supercharged and made about 600 horsepower which was awesome till stuff started breaking and I ran into a million problems. Eventually I was repairing something every 2 or 3 weeks. It took 2 months just to solve one problem that turned out to be a MAP sensor, but I almost replace the entire ECU because NO ONE could pin it down, so I just guessed.

Another big thing was how paranoid I was. When you spend 2 years completely customizing the car, and I mean COMPLETELY. Like, I repainted the entire thing, new spoiler, new front bumper, new hood, custom wheels that took 6 months to make, and all this stuff. I got really paranoid of leaving it anywhere or even driving it. I knew if anyone hit me or i got in a wreck, i'd be paying TONS to fix it and get it exactly how it was.

I couldn't drive it in the rain because of traction, and I could have fixed this by buying suspension components, but I was already spending so much to maintain it (dont forget the 8mpg cause of how rich i had it running), I didnt want to put even more into it.

If this was a weekend car or a track car, I would still have it, but I just couldn't live with it anymore. I had to get something else. I wound up with a 2008 BMW M3 and a 2012 Maserati Granturismo. If I'm completely honest, I wish I kept it. I miss the car. I shouldn't have sold something I put so much work into. Should've bought the M3 and kept the Camaro as a weekender
Let me say i sold my car for that reason alone. although i didn't go as far you. My camaro gave me more stress than joy. I had to get another car for a DD which i hated because my camaro didn't see the road much.

I really needed a DD that i could enjoy everyday. Kind of like you i put my camaro money towards a 2013 M3 which i feel was the best thing i have ever done(car wise). The worry free performance

I hope you find your camaro though! I know i have zero regrets selling mine
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #116
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
Let me say i sold my car for that reason alone. although i didn't go as far you. My camaro gave me more stress than joy. I had to get another car for a DD which i hated because my camaro didn't see the road much.

I really needed a DD that i could enjoy everyday. Kind of like you i put my camaro money towards a 2013 M3 which i feel was the best thing i have ever done(car wise). The worry free performance

I hope you find your camaro though! I know i have zero regrets selling mine
lmao surprised your worry free with the M3, thats a badass car you got
Something about the Camaro, parking lots is like our worse nightmare lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #117
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
lmao surprised your worry free with the M3, thats a badass car you got
Something about the Camaro, parking lots is like our worse nightmare lol
Well whats there to worry about ? Its got a warranty, i have insurance and i am not planing on putting a lot of money into aftermarket parts. plus i refuse to own a BMW without a warranty. So its all good my brotha!
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #118
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Good luck - I'd hit all the gas stations in that little town. she's gotta buy gas somewhere for that beast.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 AM   #119
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Great White Buffalo

But really, I hope you find her.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:18 AM   #120
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
I really hope you find it! Good luck!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #121
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
would maybe a carfax give you what you are looking for?
If nothing else it would show you the condition of the vehicle and let you know if it's even worth chasing down in the first place.
alanhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 AM   #122
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
wow i hope you find it! side note maybe a different technician to work on the car to give you less headaches and downtime??
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:56 AM   #123
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
[QUOTE=Wizard1183;6309744]Even if you found it, how much are you willing to pay for that car? An owner just won't say, "oh you're previous owner? No problem I sell it to you what I paid or of value." If he loves it you're screwed unless money is no object and you're willing to spend around 45k to buy it back? Go buy another car dude. It's gone. You have it up. Fr what reason I don't know, but whatever the reason it doesn't justify you getting it back now does it? Unless you still have the papers saying you're the owner and its been stolen.[/QUOTE]

Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #124
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Hope he's not a car guy. Most of us don't own cars we would sell and for me to take an offer serious on one of the cars I love your gonna need double what its worth in hundred dollar bills
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #125
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
It's a new day. I'll be heading to zolfo today at 2pm and calling the dealership who sold my car at 10 am. I'll keep everyone updated. The plan is to tell the dealer to give the new owner my phone ##. Something tells me no one in the dealership will feel like actually doing that, so I'll be going to zolfo with printed out pictures of the car and asking gas station employees and such. Maybe I'll go door-to-door if I get desperate. I'll keep this updated

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #126
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
man you really are serious about finding this car, although people think youre crazy for going through all this trouble, i really do wish you luck in finding your car!!
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote