Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > UK

Old 10-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #1
Uk Blown SS

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Interior lighting mods.

Thought I would share my newest fiddle. Lower piping on the doors and new SJM piping across the dash to replace the Gen5 pipe. Also wrapped the inserts and dash trims matt black. Custom projector lights shine on floor. Hard to get a good picture but does look the part when sitting in the car.
Attached Images

Uk Blown SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:58 AM   #2
johndm

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
That looks cool.

I recently discovered (now its getting dark in the evenings) that mine has the factory footwell/cupholder kit installed, but I really want to do the pipe across the dash at some point
johndm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #3
Rk9

Drives: Camaro
How do you do the dash lighting? I really want to get this done?
Rk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:56 PM   #4
Uk Blown SS

This is the kit you will require. Their light pipe is better than I have used previously. They also sell the door kits etc. Should be a DIY mod, it is a bit fiddly but not difficult http://sjmautoprod.com/Interior/5th-...h-abl-kit.html
Old 01-06-2017, 02:02 AM   #5
UnrulyPirate

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro (2010) 2LT RS
What protector did you use to cover the matt black with? At the moment most of my trim is out to give it a paint job but using a clear coat to protect it is having its annoyances :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UnrulyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #6
Uk Blown SS

The door panels and strip across the dash is wrapped in matt black, not painted. It could be peeled off back to stock if desired. I just used a rattle can of matt black on the instrument bezel with no clearcoat. I have a spare one of those if you want an extra. Clearcoat will take away the matt effect a treat.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #7
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk Blown SS View Post
This is the kit you will require. Their light pipe is better than I have used previously. They also sell the door kits etc. Should be a DIY mod, it is a bit fiddly but not difficult http://sjmautoprod.com/Interior/5th-...h-abl-kit.html
Check out the GEN5DIY kit too. EZer to work with IMO as the LEDs come with connector ends so they fit flush against the dash trim holes plus you don't have to deal with shrink wrapping them to connect them to the light tubes. Their website also has indepth installation instructions with lots of pics. http://www.gen5diy.com/dash-abl-kit/

ps - the "no-drill" method refers to when these kits first came out for those early models that came with extra dash holes that the light tubes to fit thru. All yrs after 2010 need to have 3 holes drilled for the light tubes to fit thru. With the GEN5DIY kit the terminated ends will fit flush with the back of the holes once you insert the light tube; with the SJM kit you have to shrink wrap the leds to the light tubes to get them flush against the holes as well as to block out the bright spot where the LED meets the tube. Both kits come with a PnP harness to power the LEDs from the console 4pack guage harness.

Last edited by camguynj; 01-06-2017 at 02:36 PM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:52 AM   #8
UnrulyPirate

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro (2010) 2LT RS
Quote:
The door panels and strip across the dash is wrapped in matt black, not painted. It could be peeled off back to stock if desired. I just used a rattle can of matt black on the instrument bezel with no clearcoat. I have a spare one of those if you want an extra. Clearcoat will take away the matt effect a treat.

Ah I thought about wrapping option after I posted, as it happens, I've just ordered another can of matt black but thanks for the offer!

Do you worry that without a top coat, your paintwork is prone to damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UnrulyPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #9
Uk Blown SS

It won't be prone to damage but the door panel sprayed may look blotchy. I only sprayed the instrument bezel. The Gen5 light pipe is what I had at first,it wasn't so good. I changed it for the SJM tuned pipe,miles better.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #10
camguynj

Quote:
It won't be prone to damage but the door panel sprayed may look blotchy. I only sprayed the instrument bezel. The Gen5 light pipe is what I had at first,it wasn't so good. I changed it for the SJM tuned pipe,miles better.
What did you use the Gen5 light pipe for ( door or dash) ?
Old 01-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #11
Uk Blown SS

Dash originally .But swapped it out for SJM. Also used SJM for door pipes.A bit fiddly to secure to the inside and get the light to be consistent.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #12
camguynj

Quote:
Dash originally .But swapped it out for SJM. Also used SJM for door pipes.A bit fiddly to secure to the inside and get the light to be consistent.
Did you use LEDs on both sides of the passenger dash when you did the original install?
Old 01-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #13
Uk Blown SS

Both sides yes. Both sides on the door pipes as well.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:36 AM   #14
Baggie Austin

I love that shifter, will that just screw onto my hurst shifter if I take the white ball one off?
Baggie Austin is offline   Reply With Quote