Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #337
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Good to see the mustang put on a few pounds, hopefully the 6th gen camaro loses a few.
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:36 AM   #338
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Talking

Another great news for GM, besides that the Camaro Z28 was this year '14 Motortrend's Best Driver's car (prior years: '13 Porsche 911 Carrera S4, '12 Porsche Carrera S & '11 Ferrari 458 Italia) just to show what the Engineers at GM are capable of doing.
-Also great design and performance of the Corvette Stingray, and just waiting to see the performance number of the new Z06.
-Camaro: 1LE, ZL1 & Z28. Neither FORD or DODGE have nothing to beat them at the circuit. (Maybe just the Viper T/A is on the same league of the ZR1 & Z28).

I'm just waiting for the new '16 Camaro SS to come out, and I hope that all base SS model have the stock 1LE performance suspension and tires included & maybe also to come out in the automatic version for other customers to enjoy that fine performance handling on their cars.
GREAT JOB GM, continue keeping the good performance coming.

Guess which car will replace my '11 Mustang GT 5.0: A '16 Camaro SS 1LE Just hope that it comes in automatic transmission (I want one).

Last edited by Bosse'sBoss; 10-19-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #339
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock1962 View Post
Good to see the mustang put on a few pounds, hopefully the 6th gen camaro loses a few.
The flip side to that is that a heavier Mustang means that there is less incentive for the Camaro to lose weight any time soon. Eventually, all of these cars will have to shed weight, but Ford just let one of the Mustang's advantages slip through their fingers, so that pressure is now off at least for the time being.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #340
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
The flip side to that is that a heavier Mustang means that there is less incentive for the Camaro to lose weight any time soon. Eventually, all of these cars will have to shed weight, but Ford just let one of the Mustang's advantages slip through their fingers, so that pressure is now off at least for the time being.

Norm
The thing is during the development of the 6th gen Camaro, Ford was hinting the Mustang would lose weight with this version. That put pressure on GM to lower the weight of the 6th gen. Now the 6th gen is probably 95% set I doubt GM will say well let's go ahead and forget the plans for weight reduction...
Its time GM jumped on this and not let opportunity slip away.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #341
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
Why are mustang people in a forum for Camaros?

-"Ride or Die."
Good question. I was just wondering the opposite when scanning the Mustang6g site a couple of days ago. Camaro guys came out of the woodwork over there after this comparison was released. Go figure.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:50 AM   #342
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The thing is during the development of the 6th gen Camaro, Ford was hinting the Mustang would lose weight with this version. That put pressure on GM to lower the weight of the 6th gen. Now the 6th gen is probably 95% set I doubt GM will say well let's go ahead and forget the plans for weight reduction...
Its time GM jumped on this and not let opportunity slip away.
I tend to agree with the line of thinking.

If it comes in considerably lighter they may decide to add some niceties that would previously have been eliminated due to weight though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #343
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:

-"Ride or Die."
Quote:
I understand that too I love all types. I hangout with alot of tuner cars and import people. But I'm saying this is a Camaro forum and the mustang is a rival.
Spies. Those that join several different forums are those people that want to be informed about what the "other" guy is doing, the nature of competitevness. It's probably a way for them to substantiate their decisions and get affirmation for them. Nothing wrong about being informed, just as long as you're not stirring up the pot....like some people do.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #344
SSCam99

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Very cool! Well done Team Chevy!
Old 10-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #345
BobDigi5060

Drives: 97' A4, 08' Mustang, 15' Legacy
Longtime lurker, since 08' I'm sure.

Camaro5 is where it's at... This is a very popular platform and message board. From the black prototype at the track to the updates for 2012, debut of ZL1, and Z/28. Feels like it was yesterday.
BobDigi5060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #346
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Honestly who cares about performance the 2015 mustang is so god dam ugly. I'm trying to like it but i can't. The interior is freaking amazing ill give them that but f*ck who designed this thing 3 blind mice. I can see sales taking a beating on this design and the challenger taking #2 in sales behind the Camaro.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #347
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Honestly who cares about performance the 2015 mustang is so god dam ugly. I'm trying to like it but i can't. The interior is freaking amazing ill give them that but f*ck who designed this thing 3 blind mice. I can see sales taking a beating on this design and the challenger taking #2 in sales behind the Camaro.
Why is interior so great? coz' it's euro-japanese.

Why is exterior so poor? coz' it's euro-japanese!

Mustang went global, Mustang isn't american muscle anymore, being because of its (crappy) look or (crappy) technical choices (c'mon .... 4 banger in a muscle car???)

Mustang isn't part of the family anymore. There are only Chevys and Dodges in the muscle/pony cars family.

Mustang = Fiesta = focus = all this global crap.

This new mustang could be way faster than a Camaro, i wouldn't care at all ... well, as much as if a Honda or Nissan was faster ... "you faster? great, but your car doesn't have a soul anyway"
Old 10-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #348
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Because I'm a car guy first.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #349
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Because I'm a car guy first.

Norm
Same here. .
Old 10-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #350
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Spies. Those that join several different forums are those people that want to be informed about what the "other" guy is doing, the nature of competitevness. It's probably a way for them to substantiate their decisions and get affirmation for them. Nothing wrong about being informed, just as long as you're not stirring up the pot....like some people do.
Norm Peterson might be in the minority, and I respect his pose on here, but let me tell some of you other stang lurkers something, or camaro owners who think this is proper etiquette.

I have been on many MANY forums, since the inception of them actually. From Porsche, to Roadfly's BMW section, to every single Audi/VW forum out there like Vortex, etc, most M3 forums, Touareg/Cayenne forums, Jeep wrangler forums, etc.

One thing I have never done to this date, is to register on a forum, and after moving on with an other type of vehicle, to advertise in my old Avatar, or "my speak" for that matter, an other type of ride not at all affiliated with the respective forum I used to be part of. Sure I'll continue to visit the other forums, because like many of you self proclaimed car guys , I am one too.

However, I refuse to log in and/ or change my Avatar to show the "old group" that I'm part of "the competition" or go out of my way, "HEY this is me now!" I'll continue to stay within character, offer my $0.02 to noobs, from experiences and living on the bleeding edge for years with said particular breed, whilst many may know that I have moved on to something else. But I'll never allow that to interfere with their forum. I find that quite disrespectful, but I digress, at the end of the day, we are just dudes sitting behind a screen or device afterall.

Love my 1LE
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote