Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #71
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
I am the ultimate pessimist. I'm guessing when it comes time to trade my Camaro in, the issues will not have been resolved.
I agree...due to the the handsets getting upgrades, it'll be whole new set of problems in 6 months....they are chaising their tails...and until GM designs the ipod, the phone and everything else that connects to it, there will always be minor problems...and obviously that wont happen....We will all live with a few things that are not right...fine by me....

here's what i mean from a honda website - and before you say " my problems are not with phones, it's with mylink XXXX feature" - it's all the same...look at this gobbledegook:

What flavor of Android do you have on your SII? I have the same thing. Gingerbread worked perfect but then the over the air update of Ice Cream sandwich broke the Bluetooth on the SII. It will work you don't let it sync the phone-book. They changed the way the phone-book operates with Bluetooth in that version of android and had a lot of issues with it. Check your phone when it's connected under your Bluetooth settings and it will probably say Audio connected but phone disconnected to the Honda.

The Jelly bean update is out but they are not pushing it over the air on a lot of phones so you might have to go through Samsung Kies to update it.

[insert pic of man blowing his brains out here]

Biggest my link pet peeve: listening to my ipod and having to hit the menu 2 -3 times (yes it beeps) before it activate the menu list....dangerous when driving...

Last edited by Glen e; 06-21-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #72
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I agree...due to the the handsets getting upgrades, it'll be whole new set of problems in 6 months....they are chaising their tails...and until GM designs the ipod, the phone and everything else that connects to it, there will always be minor problems...and obviously that wont happen....We will all live with a few things that are not right...fine by me....

here's what i mean from a honda website - and before you say " my problems are not with phones, it's with mylink XXXX feature" - it's all the same...look at this gobbledegook:

What flavor of Android do you have on your SII? I have the same thing. Gingerbread worked perfect but then the over the air update of Ice Cream sandwich broke the Bluetooth on the SII. It will work you don't let it sync the phone-book. They changed the way the phone-book operates with Bluetooth in that version of android and had a lot of issues with it. Check your phone when it's connected under your Bluetooth settings and it will probably say Audio connected but phone disconnected to the Honda.

The Jelly bean update is out but they are not pushing it over the air on a lot of phones so you might have to go through Samsung Kies to update it.

[insert pic of man blowing his brains out here]

Biggest my link pet peeve: listening to my ipod and having to hit the menu 2 -3 times (yes it beeps) before it activate the menu list....dangerous when driving...
I agree we will always have some issues with devices connecting and playing nice with each other....but these problems from the op are correctable and have NOTHING to do with devices.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #73
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I agree we will always have some issues with devices connecting and playing nice with each other....but these problems from the op are correctable and have NOTHING to do with devices.
respectfully disagree...its all intertwined--OP? OP means post #1...and my post applies....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #74
suzook

Quote:
respectfully disagree...its all intertwined--OP? OP means post #1...and my post applies....
Yup...got confused...different post maybe??? Idk...I do know ALL infotainment systems will have some compatibility issues with different devices....there are too many variables between different OS's.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #75
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
Quote:
But my issues occur whether or not I am using my smart phone. I don't see a "connection" no pun intended.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #76
suzook

Quote:
But my issues occur whether or not I am using my smart phone. I don't see a "connection" no pun intended.
Thats what im trying to explain...your issues(and every one with mylink) WILL get fixed with a SW update...The issues with the smartphones/ipods////and such will probably continue due to so many variables.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #77
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Thats what im trying to explain...your issues(and every one with mylink) WILL get fixed with a SW update...
Hopefully within our lifetimes, or at least, the lifetime of the car.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #78
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
My dealer is trying to get me to "upgrade" to a 2013. I was considering it but this thread sure has me hesitating. Things like this would drive me crazy.
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #79
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm T View Post
My dealer is trying to get me to "upgrade" to a 2013. I was considering it but this thread sure has me hesitating. Things like this would drive me crazy.
You're better off staying with your 2012 until these issues are fixed. If you don't like the 2014s, wait for the 2015s.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #80
ccarnel

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Sold, Now 2019 ZL1 1LE
My link is about to get chunked!!! I can't wait, riding around in a brand new car with no tunes, no handsfree phone etc really stinks. I called my dealer and they have had multiple cars in for the same issue. He said they still do not have a fix.... not surprised. Glad I didn't waste my time playing the endless back and forth with the dealership for an issue there is no fix for currently.....
Just purchased a pioneer touch screen head unit and metra dash kit, we will see if I can fix this problem once and for all this weekend...
ccarnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #81
Storm T
Can't slow down

Quote:
You're better off staying with your 2012 until these issues are fixed. If you don't like the 2014s, wait for the 2015s.
Too late, I already did it. lol Small price to pay for the manual I have now. I have to say I sure loved my last one but I really really love this car!!

Still hoping they fix this soon.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #82
benji1997

I posted in another thread that Chevy is giving me a new Mylink radio tomorrow. The SM says Chevy is clueless on how to fix all the SW issues. I am the guiney pig (sp?). I hope the new radio cures my issues. I hate this back and forth.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #83
Storm T
Can't slow down

I would hate having to take it in to have it done. I got my windows tinted today and about went crazy with worry. Let us know!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #84
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Well here's a new one... After work today, as soon as I started the car, the Mylink started playing music from my USB, then connected to my phone, and started with the Incoming Call. So I try to answer it, and it wont answer. Finally it stops then USB music comes on for a few seconds, and again Incoming Call and it won't let me answer.

So I turn off the BT on my phone, and call the guy back. He don't answer, so I leave a message that I will call back in a few minutes. Meanwhile, the Mylink switched from USB to FM as soon as I disconnected the BT.

Now my USB is not detected. I power cycled the Mylink, and it still won't detect my USB. Unplug then re-connect the USB, and it still won't work. Acts like the thumb drive burned out.

So I call the guy back, and he said he was inside the machine we were working on all day, and he only called me twice in the morning, just when I arrived at work in the morning. He was inside the machine and not near his phone, when I got those calls.

So the Mylink system did not relay my calls until I got back in the car after work? It was hung all day waiting to reconnect to my phone.

Well no CD or USB meant I had to drive home with BT and stream from my phone. At least BT stayed working till I got home, and then I tried my USB and it started working again.

Now is this glitchy operation or what? I am ready to pull the Mylink out and build another Windows 8 carpc so I can deal with glitches faster.
rray is offline   Reply With Quote