Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Talking RacingBrake "Open Slot" Rotors

These rotors are amazing!

Save 5.5 lbs from EACH front rotor and 6 from EACH rear rotor! Eliminate 23 LBS of rotating unsprung mass over all!

RacingBrake rotors are engineered and manufactured to meet the needs of the performance enthusiasts. From 3D CAD design to tooling development, casting, machining, and surface coating, RB controls all production processes to insure quality, performance, and value.

Their patented designs, combined with proprietary alloyed cast iron and precision machining assure you that their brake products will achieve the highest level of performance.

Open Slot Advantages:
  • Has the advantages of both drilled & slotted rotors
  • Allows the disc to expand and contract and prevents the disc from cracking or warping
  • Increasing cooling area and retains more friction surface
  • Slots relieves thermal stress
  • Slots are self cleaning and the pad build up will not clog the slots and are exhausted via the rotor edge keeping the disc surface clean
  • Reduces brake pad dust buildup and keeps the wheel clean through vacuum effect

What makes Racing Brake "Open Slot" Rotors the only option for the serious drivers?

Convergent Vane - US Patent#: 7097007

Staggered cooling vanes distribute heat more evenly and efficiently across disc surface while increasing airflow through rotor.
  • Less fade
  • Longer disc and pad life

Open Slots - US Patent#: 7097007

Combines the benefits of drilling and slotting without large reduction in disc surface area.
  • Provides exit path for brake dust and other debris
  • Self cleaning slots - never clog up like traditional slotting

Reinforced Ribs - US Patent#: 7219777

Extended ribs increase the air flow and rotor strength from warping.
  • Resists rotor distortion
  • Stronger and cooler rotors

Center Mount - US Patent#: 7568560

Center-mount rotors provide air inlets from BOTH inboard and outboard. (as opposed to traditional surface mount design only from inboard)
  • Balances stress and heat load
  • Reduces heat transfer to hat resulting in cooler discs

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Price?
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
possibly interested Chase, can you shoot a pm with the price
Old 03-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
If I stick with the Brembos these will probably be the rotors I choose.

The price is on Apex's site btw.
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
Price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
possibly interested Chase, can you shoot a pm with the price
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
The price is on Apex's site btw.
PMs on the way to you guys but as Squitz mentioned it is available on our website. Keep in mind, these are not cosmetic upgrades. These are the real deal and the pricing reflects it.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
They look amazing and perform, win - win
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
I picked up a full set of DBA4000s 6x6 slot on clearance.. So, I'll be throwing those on for a bit..

But, I'm curious about these brakes... How well do they hold up under Road Courses and excessive sustained heat and abuse? I wasn't sure about ditching too much rotor mass since that's part of the heat sink ability.

What's the longevity with these on tracks that aren't 1/4 mile?
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I picked up a full set of DBA4000s 6x6 slot on clearance.. So, I'll be throwing those on for a bit..

But, I'm curious about these brakes... How well do they hold up under Road Courses and excessive sustained heat and abuse? I wasn't sure about ditching too much rotor mass since that's part of the heat sink ability.

What's the longevity with these on tracks that aren't 1/4 mile?
I have them on my car and really like them. I have hit a few race tracks on them without any problems we are talking about 15 to 20 minute sessions. They are cooler than the stock rotors, next time I go out I will take some reading to see how hot I actually get them. I know the stock ones would get really blue, and start to fade quickly these do not. I think it would be safe to say I really push my car hard on the track....I just love to go fast!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
HumanWiki

Thanks.... I appreciate that.. I'm just starting the whole Road Racing thing and had a good deal on the DBAs... When they wear out or I feel I need more, I might switch to something else..
Old 03-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
mws444

Quote:
Thanks.... I appreciate that.. I'm just starting the whole Road Racing thing and had a good deal on the DBAs... When they wear out or I feel I need more, I might switch to something else..
Sweet! You will love the road racing bug. Just be ready for lots of tires and brakes, then of course the suspension upgrades to push even harder. Truth is: It is about the most fun you can have with your clothes on! IMHO
Old 03-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #11
HumanWiki

I'm going to finish off the PZeros at Road America in April... I have the rotors waiting now. I'll pick up pads closer to time.

I have a GTO clutch res and related parts at home waiting for the clutch/brake sep mod.

I just had the full Pedders Track-II kit installed to go along with my PFADT solid subs, trailing arms and sways. I just opted for Xas.. They had a good deal EOY that I couldn't pass on.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
mws444

Quote:
I'm going to finish off the PZeros at Road America in April... I have the rotors waiting now. I'll pick up pads closer to time.

I have a GTO clutch res and related parts at home waiting for the clutch/brake sep mod.

I just had the full Pedders Track-II kit installed to go along with my PFADT solid subs, trailing arms and sways. I just opted for Xas.. They had a good deal EOY that I couldn't pass on.
I am running the Pedders as well...Good Stuff.

As you mod the suspension, brakes become even more important. One you start cutting the perfect line in a curve, it is all about speed in and out and being smooth. It is very hard on brakes and tires. But man is it fun.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Just did mine this weekend. Waiting for my spare set of Brembos to come back from powder coating and then flushing the entire system with new fluid.

Are you planning on replacing the DOT3 for the brakes?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #14
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I have these rotors on fron only. Love them but havent had a chance to hit the track.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex motorsports, brakes, racing brake, rotors