Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #15
Nasdaq

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Looks like I may need to find another mounting spot for my moroso catch can...
Nasdaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirebender View Post
The torq unit looks nice but that location will not work for those of us with the Moroso catch can....hmmmm...suggestions ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdaq View Post
Looks like I may need to find another mounting spot for my moroso catch can...
For this reason I'll go with D3PE. I really like the Moroso location now w/ the JRE mount.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2802
Size:  89.5 KB
Old 08-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #17
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Wouldn't that Torq unit block the path for any water coming through the hood getting to the water diverter? The hood scoop sends the water that way doesn't it?..
Old 08-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Wouldn't that Torq unit block the path for any water coming through the hood getting to the water diverter? The hood scoop sends the water that way doesn't it?..
You're absolutely right on that one.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #19
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Quote:
Like it or not thats why the Rotofab is the best reservoir/location so far....

Exellent products though!
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C. View Post
Like it or not thats why the Rotofab is the best reservoir/location so far....

Exellent products though!
Actually, I think the D3 one is the best - it's away from the heat of the headers, it isn't plastic, and it still allows the water to hit the diverter and be moved around the radiator etc.

The hood diverts water to the side opposite of the D3 - once the water is on the diverter it can still flow either way as the D3 unit is above it.

The Torq one actually blocks the path of the water in the first place which is the problem

Regardless I can't use the Rotofab one anyway as that's where my washer tank is relocated, and my washer tank has Meth in it!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Actually, I think the D3 one is the best - it's away from the heat of the headers, it isn't plastic, and it still allows the water to hit the diverter and be moved around the radiator etc.

The hood diverts water to the side opposite of the D3 - once the water is on the diverter it can still flow either way as the D3 unit is above it.

The Torq one actually blocks the path of the water in the first place which is the problem

Regardless I can't use the Rotofab one anyway as that's where my washer tank is relocated, and my washer tank has Meth in it!
The area around the battery post is prime real estate.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
Al C.

Quote:

I give a 10 to "looks" for the other 2 reservoirs, quality for sure. but look at any reservoirs under the hood may they be radiator res or sc reservoirs, washer bottle... they are all plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Agree!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #23
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
I give a 10 to "looks" for the other 2 reservoirs, quality for sure. but look at any reservoirs under the hood may they be radiator res or sc reservoirs, washer bottle... they are all plastic.
It's right near where the headers are though - I can't help but think that being near that heat can't be good and would defeat the purpose of it to some extent?

Also, maybe it's just me but I think the engine cover looks a little weird when it only has the one hose coming out of it like it does when you use the rotofab...that was another plus point on the D3 version for me, but that's probably just me being weird haha

Like I say for me it is a moot point as the Rotofab one is not even an option due to me running a meth kit through my washer tank.

What I will say is that it is GREAT to have some different options, all with plus points and minus points!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #24
Al C.

Quote:
It's right near where the headers are though - I can't help but think that being near that heat can't be good and would defeat the purpose of it to some extent?

Also, maybe it's just me but I think the engine cover looks a little weird when it only has the one hose coming out of it like it does when you use the rotofab...that was another plus point on the D3 version for me, but that's probably just me being weird haha

Like I say for me it is a moot point as the Rotofab one is not even an option due to me running a meth kit through my washer tank.

What I will say is that it is GREAT to have some different options, all with plus points and minus points!

Ill agree with you on the sc hoses, such a eye sore...

Old 08-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #25
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Ill agree with you on the sc hoses, such a eye sore...

Well that looks awesome!

How did you get rid of the gap on the engine cover as that was always holding me back from rerouting the hoses
Old 08-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #26
Al C.

OP sorry for the thread jack.....

Quote:
Well that looks awesome!

How did you get rid of the gap on the engine cover as that was always holding me back from rerouting the hoses

Fiberglass, filler, and textured paint to match the factory feel.. I might paint the lettering for that "pop".. idk yet

For all, it can be done!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I don't know if ADM is hand building mine or if there is a manufacturer involved but mine is getting put in the trunk with the battery. I do know he ordered the water pump that Ford used on the Gt car when the engine was behind the driver and the water had a lot of heavy duty routing. Once I see it I will put up some pics but it is in the process of being installed right now.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #28
PWRHSEZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 #2419
Quote:
Actually the tank does not interfere with the water diverter at all as it too sits on top of it, nor does it block the path of water from getting to it! This was all confirmed for the second time by Nick Ward with TORQ! It was fitted on their OWN ZL1! IMO this reservoir will be one of the best tanks to have. He couldn't give me the exact capacity but said it was ballpark of 3 gals & has a large cap so you can pack full of ice on track days! I was told as of now it is in the manufacturing process and possibly ready late September!
PWRHSEZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote