Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 04-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
hv92

Drives: .
2010 Camaro 2ss maintenance cost?

Hey guys!! I was researching about this machine, and it will be the first Chevrolet vehicle I will ever own, and I wanted to know how much do you folks usually pay for the maintenance? Oil changes, tires, service fees, etc? How would you describe maintaining the vehicle. Difficult? How much does it cost to do all the above would you say for an automatic 2ss?

Thanks so much guys. All elaborate info will surely be helpful!! Please help me out :(( Thw sooner I find out, the sooner I make my decision and can be on the road with you guys ) thaanks!!
hv92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
I'm sure others will have more input, but I can tell you what I have paid for so far...

Oil changes.. If you want the stuff chevy recommends (Mobil 1), it will run you about $70-$80 a change. Just keep in mind that you can run a lot longer on this change, than others. About five months)

Tires will run you about $250 each depending on what brand you get. I'm on 14,000 miles and still have good looking tires. Just keep the burn outs to a minimum. It doesn't take long to run them down.

To be honest, I haven't gotten anything beyond an oil change yet and I've had it for about a year. I'm sure anything else that comes up, would cost about the same as any other car you've had befor. Overall, these cars are built pretty good from the start.

Of course, then you have mods, but that's a different thread all together

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yep, tires will be your biggest expense, and the biggest sticker shock if you don't know what to expect.

Imagine someone going from an Accord and spending $360 every 5 years to a Camaro SS and having to spend $1000+ every 2 years... You are wise to research this before buying, so you'll know what you're getting into.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote