Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-30-2010, 04:27 AM   #15
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
Have to let SSRSLY answer for that as she's been driving it more lately. I drove it a little while before I went offshore. Installed it the first day we had this car. LOVE it over the stock one (had 6500 miles on the stock shifter in our first camaro). I found myself shifting a LOT more than I normally would because it was just more "fun."

It is a little stiff but we're told it will ease up with age. He sets the springs STIFF so when they break in they're "perfect."

Maybe Kat can contribute to this as she's put several hundred miles on it daily driving it

For the money and what you get, there is no rival IMO.

William
I have a question and comment to another post on here,

But First, SSRSLY, I apologize for the male female fo-paux...[sic]

Question, for you will69, you mentioned offshore.... What do you do offshore. If you look at my avatar pic, you can easily determine I work offshore. I am a Sub-Sea Engineer for Diamond Offshore... No mechanical inclination here either... Are you in the oilfield or something else... My guess is that we are of the same occupation more or less...

Comment, I love my MGW, and yes it was stiff at first. George said it would be... I now have 1700+ miles on the car and over 1500 on the shifter... It has loosened up and feels really good. I figure it will loosen a little bit more this next time home and be just about perfect... For the poster that asked, it is worth every penny spent... The feel is crisp, and I know exactly where the shifter is going... It feels solid and sure. It gave me a lot more confidence in my shifts. My cars shifter was better than the car I test drove, but the MGW is on another plane...I will not comment on the other brands out there even though I drove a car with one of them... but I would not buy anything but an MGW if I decided to buy another car...Z-28, Vette,etc...

Thanks George... for a quality product....

Again, Thanks SSRSLY and Will69 for the DIY.. BTW, I am not too far from you folks, may run into ya'll someday...I'm over Houston way a lot...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #16
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herkman View Post
PHP Code:
MGW's web site has their own full installation video. 

That is all I said before you guys started the stirring. Get over it and move on. The MGW video was clear to me....but then again, I am mechanically inclined.

You all are making a mountain out of a mole hill
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're the one that came into this thread making out like my hard work was just a waste of time. Yes there is a VERY GOOD video on MGW's website, that is also included in their kit, but since when is it a bad thing to have "too much" good info? I won't go into your how-to threads telling you it was a waste of your time, so don't come into mine doing the same, it's just rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkman View Post
PHP Code:
You're right, neither of us (myself or SSRSLY) are mechanically inclined 
I didn't think so. That answers everthing. Post over
2001-2003 Crew Chief for Joe Lynch, 10 sec 1999 Cobra
January-August 2002 Engine Builder - Robert's Machine and Supply
Summer 2004 Interiors Engineering intern - Peterbilt Motor Co.
Summer 2005 Powertrain Engineering intern - Peterbilt Motor Co.
2005-2010 Owner/Builder/Driver road race prepped 2000 Mustang GT
January - August 2006 Manufacturing Engineering Intern, Paint dept. - Toyota Motor Mfg.
January - August 2008 Research Assistant, Texas A&M University Turbo Lab
BS- Mechanical Engineering Texas A&M 2008
2008-Present Applications/Design Engineer, FMC Technologies

Nope, no mechanical inclination here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
How does it feel compared to the stock shifter? I love my MGW on my Formula.
Amazing! Now that it's broken in (and yes folks, there is a 2-3 week break-in period with normal, daily driving; weekend drivers will have to deal with this a bit longer) the shifts are smooth, crisp, and easy, while still maintaining the spring-to-center sharpness you'd want from an aftermarket shifter. I had a Steeda Triax in my Mustang, and now I wish I'd gone with the MGW in that as well after suffering through that for 4 years!

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
SSRSLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:51 PM   #17
_sleepy_
Kitten Mittens

Drives: 2010 1SS M6
bump

bumping.

since this link does not work and MGW no longer has youtube tutorials on this install. where can i now go for a write up and tutorial for this install
Old 06-04-2016, 09:45 PM   #18
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleepy_ View Post
bumping.

since this link does not work and MGW no longer has youtube tutorials on this install. where can i now go for a write up and tutorial for this install
They still host a video of the install on their site . https://www.mgwshifters.com/shifters/camaros/82 Works fine .

Last edited by 1Coopgt; 06-04-2016 at 09:59 PM.
1Coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote