Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
KybheSS

Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS
Eibach vs. BMR

Eibach or BMR lowering springs and sway bar set? In the market to get either within the next few days and wanted to see what people though, issues they have had etc.
KybheSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
BMR all the way.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsls3 View Post
BMR all the way.
We offer both BMR and Eibach and they run about the same money (low $200s). Plenty of people are happy with their Eibachs but for the money and based on our experiences with both I would recommend the BMR springs. You get a lot more for your money.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 12-13-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Eibach......depending on where you order them from and the sale you get BMR cannot touch the price. IMHO.

PM for more info.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
KybheSS

There is a great deal on here for Eibach springs and sway for 350$ used with aprox 1k miles on them. Just trying to weigh my options. If BMR is better I'd rather get new.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KybheSS View Post
There is a great deal on here for Eibach springs and sway for 350$ used with aprox 1k miles on them. Just trying to weigh my options. If BMR is better I'd rather get new.

I saw those. Pick-up only. Re-read the descritpion.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
KybheSS

Yea, he said as of now no shipping but I just PMed him to see if he would ship. If not I'm going with BMR from Apex.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Why have you limited yourself to those two choices? If $$ is a MAJOR factor, Eibachs are gonna be your cheapest option. If you're considering BMR, Pfadts stage II (springs and sways) is only $10 more than BMR's springs and sways, unless their running a better deal than what's on their site.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Why have you limited yourself to those two choices? If $$ is a MAJOR factor, Eibachs are gonna be your cheapest option. If you're considering BMR, Pfadts stage II (springs and sways) is only $10 more than BMR's springs and sways, unless their running a better deal than what's on their site.
Good call, I totally missed that he was looking at springs and sway bars.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #10
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
When i purchased my Eibach springs well over a year ago there were only a couple of choices to go with whereas today there are quite a few more options.I felt that for my application coil overs would be overkill and that springs would do just fine.I still have no regrets with my decision. I can afford to put any drop spring or coil overs on my car at any time but am happy with the car as is. You cant go wrong with either choice as well as other top brands such as Pedders,Pfadt,Hotchkis,etc.

A couple pics that CCW took of my car (w/Eibach 1" springs) when i was up there last year

Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit
Factory GFX
MPD1 spoiler
painted bowties
15% tint

Last edited by FEN; 12-13-2010 at 08:15 PM.
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Thanks for considering BMR. There are lots of options to choose from on this board and quality-wise there is a lot of good competition. You will undoubtedly see positive feedback for all of us which makes it even more difficult to choose. For us it's all about value. For our low price, this is what you get:

All BMR springs including our 2010 Camaro springs have a LIFETIME WARRANTY against spring sag.

Spring manufacturing requires expensive capital equipment, so BMR outsources this activity to a company that specializes in spring manufacturing. Spring manufacturing is a fascinating process, so I would like to share some facts about our springs:

1) BMR springs are manufactured from chrome silicon high-tensile spring wire. This is the best spring wire available for automotive applications. Most NASCAR teams use this type of spring wire for their designs.

2) Every BMR spring is computer tested as the last step of the manufacturing process. Every spring...not just a sample from each batch. EVERY SPRING!! Each spring is loaded in the spring tester at the factory. The spring is compressed and the CNC Load Cell measures the force for a variety of spring lengths. The computer takes this data and compares it to the BMR quality specs. Bad springs (if any) are kicked out and the good ones are sent to BMR. Per our requirements, the test data for each and every spring is electronically sent to BMR.

3) BMR springs are cold wound on a CNC Coiling Machine. The CNC coiling head can adjust the spring diameter in real time to ensure that every spring is the same as the other springs. This guarantees that your right spring matches your left spring!!

4) Every BMR spring is compressed solid at the factory. Not once, but twice. This gives the spring its permanent set...and guarantees NO SAG. This allows BMR to offer a lifetime warranty against spring sag.

5) BMR springs are stress-relieved at 750 degrees F. This ensures that most stresses induced during the winding process are eliminated. This process is necessary to achieve the repeatable high-quality product that BMR offers!!

6) All springs are shot-peened to eliminate residual surface stresses. Many spring manufacturers skip this step. BMR insists on this operation as part of our spring manufacturing process.

A few more notes:

1) BMR springs are Proudly Made in the USA!!! Costs are minimized and quality is maintained using CNC manufacturing equipment. Shipping costs are low. No boats. No planes. No custom fees passed on to the customer. Just good old American manufacturing ingenuity!!

2) BMR springs are manufactured by a spring company that has been making springs for over 140 years. Think about it...when GM was founded in 1908, this spring company had already been making springs for 40 years.

3) BMR springs are manufactured by a family-owned spring company. The same family has owned this company for 140+ years (6 generations). No corporate bail-outs. No passing the buck. When your name has been on the door for 140 years, you make sure that you own the best spring manufacturing equipment available.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #12
KybheSS

BMR guy, thanks for your response! I am considering the 1" in the back and 1.5" in the front. The only reason I hesitate to do so is because I have heard of people having issues if they go beyond 1.25"-ish. Any advice?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by KybheSS View Post
BMR guy, thanks for your response! I am considering the 1" in the back and 1.5" in the front. The only reason I hesitate to do so is because I have heard of people having issues if they go beyond 1.25"-ish. Any advice?
We haven't had any issues with the BMR 1.4 inch springs, and there are a lot of them out there.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #14
KybheSS

Thanks Apex. Thanks for answering my two days worth of questions. Have been a great help!