Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #141
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Something else I noticed...

Who here has ridden, driven, or drives in a 4th Gen? Anyone notice how poor the interior lighting is in a 4th Gen? I don't know about other people's 4th Gens, but mine has poor lighting. Now....

Take a look in front of the rear view mirror. That looks like one LARGE clear peice which is most likely going to be the interior light. If it is, thank goodness. That sucka looks like it's going to light up the entire cabin....finally, I'll be able to see inside at night if I choose! Also...notice the interior roof of that prototype up on the car carrier has the reverse "Mohawk?" It looks similar to the 4th Gen roof style where the center is lower than the sides. I love how they do that. Very cool, IMO!!!
Yeah, I remember the lighting sucked in my '02. I'd like to see a light near the front (like the one you mention in the pic) AND one near the back for seeing more of the back seats/floor if needed. Let's not forget lights down by your feet up front.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #142
Namrepus28

Drives: 1996 Camaro 3.8L V6
Well, this is an interesting thread.You know what I like about Camaro5? At no point was anyone the slightest bit rude, regardless of whether or not they agreed on a particular topic. It's nice not seeing someone call someone else "stupid" b/c of a difference of opinion.

Anyway, about the pictures. Looks pass-able to me. My main concern is what the car can DO, second to that, what it looks like on the outside, and then finally, what the interior looks like.

I have a 96 Camaro myself, so I know cheap plastic. But you know what? You drive something for a couple months...and you just don't notice or care anymore. My only recurring annoyance with my car is the cup holder placement, and even that isn't that big a deal, as I usually am drinking bottled water and just toss it behind me or on the passenger's seat.

I don't mind the layout of the new interior at all. I'm glad it's not as gaudy as the horrible concept interior. I'm not impressed by shiny things, so I was rather disgusted when I saw it. That's just me though. The most recent one looks practical, and when they clean it up a bit (I've heard good things about the Malibu) it should come out great.

If I ever manage to find myself behind the wheel of one, I'll probably be too busy driving the car to care, but I'm sure I'll appreciate it more in the first few seconds before I turn the ignition key if they do a good job on the interior as opposed to a bad one.

Fun stuff though, it's really coming along. It'll be nice to see them on the road in 2009.
Namrepus28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #143
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
if that interior roof looks like that in the production car, I have a killer idea on how to add some light to the interior... when we get ours, I'll have to bring it down and show you when I get it hooked up
I kinda get a little picture of what could be possible. The ideas I'm getting....oooh. Can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Yeah, I remember the lighting sucked in my '02. I'd like to see a light near the front (like the one you mention in the pic) AND one near the back for seeing more of the back seats/floor if needed. Let's not forget lights down by your feet up front.

The lighting you explain is EXACTLY what I want...lotsa light inside...and down by your feet too!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #144
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrepus28 View Post

I don't mind the layout of the new interior at all. I'm glad it's not as gaudy as the horrible concept interior. I'm not impressed by shiny things, so I was rather disgusted when I saw it. That's just me though. The most recent one looks practical, and when they clean it up a bit (I've heard good things about the Malibu) it should come out great.
I completely agree!
Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #145
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
Soooo, after reading all 10 pages straight and obsessively looking at every detail of the interior spy shots, i have to say, im excited! The interior is faaaaar from being done, it is plainly obvious that a lot of the plastic pieces in there are just make-shift components. Im not a huge fan of the radio, a little too bulgy for my taste, but again, preproduction, im hoping it gets better integrated into the dash, or gets some sharper lines. I will reserve final judgment until i see the production pics.

On a final note, i just looked over the interior shots of the 08 Malibu, and all i have to say is WOW!! that is one beautiful interior. With so little finished on the camaro, and so little detailing done to it, and with new interiors like the Malibu commin out, i think i can safely say "we aint seen nothin yet!" I have great faith in GM and everyone working on the Camaro that they will put together a sleek kick @ss interior!!!

Keep up the good work guys!!!
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #146
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
^Yeah the Malibu is damn sharp looking on the interior, and not to bad for it's class on the exterior either. Definetly getting one when I turn into an old man if they still look as sharp.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #147
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
If the guys at GM are reading all these posts and taking them into account...then all the negative as well as the positive post are constructive. I personally dont think the interior is close to what production is going to be. As far as the side "b" pillars (?) are concerned i like what i see now. The first photo in the garage looked bad..horrible. Now you can see the pillars on the camo version on the truck very well. Looks good. As far as the steering wheel goes... got to be smaller in the middle. I liked the chrome stuff on the dash in the concept. I hope they keep good quality compounds in the inside. I hate cheap plastic crap on the inside. Scott, if you are reading this.... good!
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #148
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
if that interior roof looks like that in the production car, I have a killer idea on how to add some light to the interior... when we get ours, I'll have to bring it down and show you when I get it hooked up
I'm putting either fiber optics or a Uv paint on my headliner with "camaro" in the font on the emblem. I'm definately putting a black light or two somewhere on the interior.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #149
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
I am sorry guys I too am very disapointed with these pics, and hope that they are far from being finished with the interier. Although I like the doors, and te fact that tey are keeping the gauges in the center councle. Love That!!!!! But I am trying to imagen it with a little more color, light and bling but nope I still think it lookes like cheap plastic. And I hate that feeling. I my self would like to see the gauges stay the same size as in the concept. I think that radio looks abd and so do the... Ah you know what I am just going to stop. I know they are not finished and that's the upside. Plus guys and gals it's a commin can you hear it!!!!!!! Cause I am still buying it!
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #150
neo2227

Hey has any one else noticed that the head lights look different? Loo at the first pics on this thread.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #151
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I believe we have been told by Fbodfather to ignore the headlights
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #152
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
The headlights are not production, so yes they look different.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #153
neo2227

Ok then. Thanks guys.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #154
neo2227

Ok so I just read the post by FBOD and man do I feel sheepish... I know that she (the Camaro) is still unfinished but man did he ever make me feel better about what I did see in respect to this pics!!!! Thanks to you FBOD!!!!