Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #57
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
People who hate on Apple products make me laugh...

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #58
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
I don't want that in my car. I don't want it on my TV, either.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #59
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
And they'll have to adapt. The entire industry is moving in this direction. Either GM moves with it or gets left behind, simple as that.
Indeed.
Was at the MT Carshow over the weekend Attend every year and this year GM had triple the floorspace and the Energy level was up there as well Great to see. Would take a new Impala with the upgraded Mylink. The redesign looks like a winner.
Attached Images

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #60
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
After reading this thread, I can say this.....

I see a lot of people here not wanting this, but the overall picture, the mass majority does.... So if a million people hate it and 2million love it.. What do you think GM will do?

They gonna make it!
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #61
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
The more I see of the new Impala the more I like it. I just wish they would have gone more for a retro triple tail light look instead of the generic style they chose.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #62
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
i'm only 18, and personally I think that they should take a closer look at what cars they put this into. Cruze, Sonic, spark, ok. Impala, Malibu, Camaro, No. Camaro drivers (i'm assuming) are buying a Camaro, because it is a modern look on an old, prestiged design basis, and for the plain power in the camaro name. I stayed away from the 2013 because of MyLink. I would rather a foot-pedal-carbeurator v8, but you can't buy one of those anymore. Definately think that they should offer the MyLink as an option, and still keep the "oldschool" concepts as standard. (sounds funny coming from a kid)

Looks pretty nice tho...
I can definitely document this into our database as a suggestion so many departments of GM can access the information. What didn't you like about the new ColorTouch radio?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #63
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
What do you think other cell phones got their ideas from? Touchscreen cells, etc. by taking Apples ideas and reinventing them.
WOW someone drank all the kool-aid and then asked for another glass
Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #64
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I wish the focus on radios would get back to the sound. All this talk about all the wizbang screens and connectivity and phone compatibility crap.... how does it sound.

What has been a common complaint with the Camaro. Lack of awesomeness in the sound system.

Give me a radio that rocks with incredible sound, sure make it compatible with phones... but put some focus on the sound. One of the last OE systems that really impressed me was a Harmon Karden system in a couple year old Buick. That thing rocked with incredible sound. Test drove some newer cars with touch screen wizbang systems. All the salesman wanted to show me was how many smart phone and internet functions it could do. Couldn't even figure out how to make it sound great, if it did.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #65
ps2ren

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
What do you think other cell phones got their ideas from? Touchscreen cells, etc. by taking Apples ideas and reinventing them.
Touch screen PDAs? They existed long before apple even got into cellphones.

Google voice command and input came out long before the glorified siri, I have been using it on my droid2 years before 4S was out

Also google navigation, try use it. Apple nav is a joke, even their CEO came out to apologize for leading ppl into the middle of nowhere constantly

Apple has very stylish products and easy to use interface, but nowhere on the map when it comes to power and cost to tech ratio.

Lol you remind me of ppl who say "all other shooting games copied from halo"

NOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Arguing about Apple/Android is like arguing Ford/Chevy. They both have their points that people like one better than the other...
Compare apple to android is more like compare BMW 328i to camaro SS, one has the brand name and luxury, but for the same price the other one has the power.

I know the other car is more comfy and has much better interior that beats most living rooms, but it just does not offer the same type of power regardless what the fanboys think

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
People who hate on Apple products make me laugh...
I said cars should add google nav because it is the best nav out there at the moment, suddenly all the apple fanboys started the "oh no u didnt" with very ignorant comments, now it's fair game

Last edited by ps2ren; 11-28-2012 at 09:32 AM.
ps2ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #66
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Its ridiculous to argue who came up with what first..does it really matter?. Geesh sounds like a bunch of kids arguing in a playground.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #67
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Indeed.
Was at the MT Carshow over the weekend Attend every year and this year GM had triple the floorspace and the Energy level was up there as well Great to see. Would take a new Impala with the upgraded Mylink. The redesign looks like a winner.
Thanks for the post and the pic. I am a Camaro/Vette kinda dude, but I do like the styling of this new Impala. If I were still hauling the family around, like yesteryears, this 2014 Impala (GM for sure) might have been my pick.

I would be considered an old guy, and as wonderful as the older cars are, I personally prefer the new tech. The new MyLink system looks great and upgrades sounds good from the explanation. Much positive things to be said about older unique body styling and power, but so much improvement on powertrains (engine, trans, etc.) these days. My dealer maint guy said business not good these days (bad for him, good for us). He thanked me for giving him some business for an oil change.

Last edited by john2000car; 11-28-2012 at 11:14 AM.
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #68
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2ren View Post
Touch screen PDAs? They existed long before apple even got into cellphones.

Google voice command and input came out long before the glorified siri, I have been using it on my droid2 years before 4S was out

Also google navigation, try use it. Apple nav is a joke, even their CEO came out to apologize for leading ppl into the middle of nowhere constantly

Apple has very stylish products and easy to use interface, but nowhere on the map when it comes to power and cost to tech ratio.

Compare apple to android is more like compare BMW 328i to camaro SS, one has the brand name and luxury, but for the same price the other one has the power.

I said cars should add google nav because it is the best nav out there at the moment, suddenly all the apple fanboys started the "oh no u didnt" with very ignorant comments, now it's fair game

Well stated, including prior thread postings! I personally think you giving Apple way too much credit, being an American company in name only. This coming from a new first time Galaxy S3 user (I did my research before purchase, with some already established points).

By the way, love your signature.
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #69
ps2ren

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by john2000car View Post
Well stated, including prior thread postings! I personally think you giving Apple way too much credit, being an American company in name only. This coming from a new first time Galaxy S3 user (I did my research before purchase, with some already established points).

By the way, love your signature.
Oh thank you, here's another shot from this summer~
http://imgur.com/8FNdV

Personally I do think apple are stylish and the company is the best at marketing, I admire them cus I'm into marketing myself.

But when a product is propelled into the heavens by marketing alone, you are bound to have a ton of fanboys fabricate unreal ideas about it

I have had a friend saying:"your car is cool, but my friend has a crazy Benz also really fast."
I asked if it's an AMG or some type of 500/550, he said:"It's the C250,he's got it all modded out"

Welcome to the god tier of GPS devices, make sure to play around with both google nav and google maps, they r both free, they do slightly different things and both r handy
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #70
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

I wonder if anyone knows if or when they will incorporate the ability to download apps like a Android or Iphone. That way no matter which operating system you have you could get a nav app you like.