Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 01-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
mackvenom1

Drives: 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 4M
Send a message via AIM to mackvenom1
NY Dealerships

Can anybody recommend a good dealership they've used to get their car in Westchester County, NY? Did you guys go out of state or was there somebody nearby? Did anybody have to get their cars shipped?

Just looking for a straight-shooting group of people to deal with and do my homework, so to speak.
mackvenom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
bozbot
Boom goes the dynamite

Drives: '02 civic
Send a message via AIM to bozbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackvenom1 View Post
Can anybody recommend a good dealership they've used to get their car in Westchester County, NY? Did you guys go out of state or was there somebody nearby? Did anybody have to get their cars shipped?

Just looking for a straight-shooting group of people to deal with and do my homework, so to speak.
not in westchester but in Putnam...
Brady Stannard
Nelson, the sales manager is awesome. if you can deal with him directly then you are golden. their sales people are a bit flakey.

Last edited by bozbot; 01-13-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: fixed the link
bozbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
I went to Danbury Chevy in Ct.

Called Arroway in Katonah and they told me they had none available to drive and it would be a 4 month wait if I ordered one.
A member here steered me to Danbury and I was very pleased and had the car just about 2 months from the day I ordered it. Haven't decided where I'm going to go for servicing, but there are a few options.

Just stay away from Curry. I've heard they do the "dealer mark-up or adjustment thing, where it's $5000 over sticker. Not sure if they're still doing that but it was common practice with a lot of dealers for awhile.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
vesi

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th Anniv.
Send a message via AIM to vesi
I live in NJ but i ordered from Paddock Chevrolet in Kenmore NY. I'd definitely suggest them, specifically Joe Ott. I believe they are also the number 1 Chevrolet dealer or were recently.

I had gone through several dealers in NJ. Nutley and Clifton Chevrolet were charging 10% over MSRP. Paramus Chevrolet was charging MSRP but my order was stuck at 1100 for 4 months.

I cancelled my order at Paramus and got my camaro within 2 weeks from Paddock.
vesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #5
BlakeAlden

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackvenom1 View Post

First off, stay away from Curry in Scarsdale. They are the most obnoxious crooks that I ran into in my search.
I live in Yonkers also and I bought mine from New Rochelle Chevy, which was overall OK. The only reason I would not longer recommend them was that they lied about their allocation from day one. Instead of using my salesman, I would suggest you use their internet rep and you will get a much bettter price. Confirm first if they have allocation and then be prepared for a long wait anyway, if you use them.
BlakeAlden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
camarojoe

Drives: 69 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesi View Post
I live in NJ but i ordered from Paddock Chevrolet in Kenmore NY. I'd definitely suggest them, specifically Joe Ott. I believe they are also the number 1 Chevrolet dealer or were recently.

I had gone through several dealers in NJ. Nutley and Clifton Chevrolet were charging 10% over MSRP. Paramus Chevrolet was charging MSRP but my order was stuck at 1100 for 4 months.

I cancelled my order at Paramus and got my camaro within 2 weeks from Paddock.
Plus they probably have the Camaro you want in stock.
Check with Joe or heck, I can even check for color combos you are looking for on my way to work.
camarojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
Joemaro

Drives: 2SS/RS
If you can I would even try using one of the dealers on these boards, they can drop ship to you... I searched all over westchester and ran into quite a few clueless thieves in many dealerships.. One guy just kept chanting "dis is a v-8 man, chick magnet... u got to get dis car man, look at dees rims, they are twenty inch." Then he proceeded to give me a 38k price for a 1ss with no RS package, also tried to tell me he could order a 1SS with leather after I told him I was looking for a 2SS/RS.

High volume dealers are the way to go, talk to CamaroScotty or Little_Bank_Robber, I bought mine from Anna aka Little_Bank_Robber since I was in Michigan for NAIAS and have no regrets.
Joemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
I have 7 SS's in stock if you want to shoot me an email with what you want, I can try to match it up for you.

Al Dobbs
Paul Conte Chevrolet
516 623-9600 x 105
Old 01-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
5thGen2LTRS

Drives: ABM 2LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
I have 7 SS's in stock if you want to shoot me an email with what you want, I can try to match it up for you.

Al Dobbs
Paul Conte Chevrolet
516 623-9600 x 105
Hi Al! Congrats on your new endeavor. Conte Chevrolet is lucky to have you.
Best of luck in your new position.
For those of you who don't know Al, he has been a great source of knowledge and information about the 5th Gen Camaro and ordering process for many of us on this forum.
Thanks again for all you have done and best to you Al
Old 01-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #10
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGen2LTRS View Post
Hi Al! Congrats on your new endeavor. Conte Chevrolet is lucky to have you.
Best of luck in your new position.
For those of you who don't know Al, he has been a great source of knowledge and information about the 5th Gen Camaro and ordering process for many of us on this forum.
Thanks again for all you have done and best to you Al
Thanks for the well wishes.

I'll start contributing more here now that I am back "in the loop".

I will post mostly here in the New York area to help local Camaro buyers/owners as opposed to most outside of the area.

Anyone should feel free to ask me ANY question at any time.

Al
Old 01-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
Bear

Drives: 2015 Green Flash 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Thanks for the well wishes.

I'll start contributing more here now that I am back "in the loop".

I will post mostly here in the New York area to help local Camaro buyers/owners as opposed to most outside of the area.

Anyone should feel free to ask me ANY question at any time.

Al
Al good to see that you landed close by. Is PCC a Groove car dealer? My wife was out of work (Lend America) for the last 2 months and my SS plans were put on hold. She is now back working and Im pondering the 10 or wait till April and order the 11'. Hit me up when you get a chance. Bear