Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #15
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Is it possible to have a Q&A thread where you enlighten us about the production car?
There might be something to this idea. I don't think FBod father has the time to answer every question whether it's a PM or a post in a thread.

But Maybe we can start a "What would you ask FBodFather" thread. Maybe, Big Maybe, the mods or a volunteer or two can research the questions and reply with fbodfather quotes. and if not then we can compile the most relevant questions and send them to FBodfather for him to answer when he can.....

I'm thinking out loud here, and haven't asked any admin, mod, or Scott if this is a good idea. So let us hash this out a bit and I'll get back to you. If you like this idea post your thoughts here.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #16
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Just give us the off-set on that LS7 car's wheels and we'll let you live......
Old 11-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #17
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
There might be something to this idea. I don't think FBod father has the time to answer every question whether it's a PM or a post in a thread.

But Maybe we can start a "What would you ask FBodFather" thread. Maybe, Big Maybe, the mods or a volunteer or two can research the questions and reply with fbodfather quotes. and if not then we can compile the most relevant questions and send them to FBodfather for him to answer when he can.....

I'm thinking out loud here, and haven't asked any admin, mod, or Scott if this is a good idea. So let us hash this out a bit and I'll get back to you. If you like this idea post your thoughts here.
This is a great idea as I'm sure Scott will be on this site a lot less now that he is with Cadillac. This way Scott just has to go to one specific thread to answer questions.. I'm very glad Scott has been on this site and given all of us information about the Camaro way before he should have, but at the very least it has kept my interest enough for me to pre-order one before sitting or seeing the production car. I will be going to the Miami autoshow this week and seeing the IOM V6/RS that will be there.. I wish it was a V8 SS but who's complaining. Thanks Scott for everything and I will be praying for you and your family as you venture forth in your new job. I never sent you a direct private message but I almost did once. It's all headpunters fault ..
Old 11-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #18
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

This would prob save Fbodfather alot of grief! He has been more than patient with all of our questions and "when this gonna happen, whens that gonna happen" rants. We should def do something to ease the burden on him!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #19
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
i agree, i say we do a thread like that a little before the orders get put in, that way it's closer to production time and everuone will have their answers before their orders are finalized.
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #20
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
You know I'll be at the Cleveland show in Feb. Will you?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #21
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
I can't wait until I can start doing PDI's (Pre-Delivery Inspections) on these cars as they come into the dealership.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #22
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I can't wait to sit in one!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #23
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Too bad those "saleable" pilot cars won't make it in time for the LA Auto Show, but hey that's luck of the draw I guess.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #24
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:

I was thinking about something like that. But wouldn't the number of posts at a "What would you ask FBodFather" thread quickly become overwhelming? Maybe the Camaro5 administrators could selectively choose from existing threads the best, most pertinent topics/questions to post on a GM accessible read/write thread that was read only to members, giving us one focus thread to go to for official answers instead of the myriad of current threads?

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:47 AM   #25
B2E2RUN
Beer Run

Drives: '14 Sierra SLT All-Terrain
Can you add Gathering 13 to the show list?!! I will ask since you-know-who has fallen off the face of the planet! Fran will do whatever it takes ;-) !!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #26
Bart

Drives: 1997 Trans Am
Just wanted to add another big THANKS to Scott for dropping in and giving us as much info as he can. Always above and beyond. Like everyone, I've got my fingers crossed the cars get built soon enough to hit all the local auto shows (please, please, PLEASE let one get built in time for the St Louis show.... )
2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #27
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
I was thinking about something like that. But wouldn't the number of posts at a "What would you ask FBodFather" thread quickly become overwhelming? Maybe the Camaro5 administrators could selectively choose from existing threads the best, most pertinent topics/questions to post on a GM accessible read/write thread that was read only to members, giving us one focus thread to go to for official answers instead of the myriad of current threads?

What gtahvit is suggesting is that Scott has answered most of the questions people are sending to him on different threads on this site already.
If the questions were fielded here on a Q/A thread, then mods or volunteers or someone could answer those questions by quoting Scott's previous responses on site.
I also agree the best thing is take a little time to search for the answer you are looking for. There are very few questions that have not been answered somewhere on this site. Take the time to look before sending a PM to a very busy man that has done LOTS to help members of Camaro5.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:45 AM   #28
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post

That's pretty close to what we are taling about. Except that we were leaning towards email the approved questions to scott and letting him reply when ready or able. Then, just as you say, we can keep all his important quotes in one place. We're still working out the kinks. We aren't sure if it's a good idea just yet. Plus, we're assuming Scott is for it. And we don't know that yet. We all know it's tough going for him as busy as he is. It may be easier for him to just pop in and put everyone's minds at ease vice answering an email full of questions... We'd have to do our part up front to make sure we consolodate his already answered questions before we move on.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote