Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 11:25 AM   #295
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
Anyone who's running this kit, what are you doing for spark plug wires? Heat sleeves?
Granatelli wires are a great choice.

http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/2...s-hi-temp.html

Thank you.

Ted.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:07 PM   #296
SS_TINHO

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I've burnt through 2 sets of wires. We desired to wrap the headers and sleeve the wires.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #297
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_TINHO View Post
I've burnt through 2 sets of wires. We desired to wrap the headers and sleeve the wires.
Did you burn up stock wires or aftermarket?

Mine will be ceramic coated. I was planning on heat sleeves for the wires. Haven't decided yet if my stock wires are good to go or if they need to be swapped. I've been told Granateli a few times.

Last edited by Taco Time; 11-25-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:37 PM   #298
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
My kit came with plug wires, headers are wrapped and wires are sleeved. I haven't had any issues as of this writing. Im not 100% sure how many miles I have put on my car but at least 2k so far with no issues.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #299
BEASSTING

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
No issues so far. Ceramic coated headers & heat sleeves. Not many miles but I've spent a lot time idling & riding with AC on. Just plan on spending a day wrapping everything good/tight so once the heat hits it, it won't unravel...ask me how I know.
Just got my clutch in also & it made 655/581 at 9.5psi, 76deg day, 11-11.2 AFR. JRE remote tuned, stock exhaust with gutted cats & weld in muffs. This was on a Dynocom dyno which from my understanding is comparable to a Mustang Dyno. On this same dyno back in July my car dyno'd 441hp after cam install but on Vengeance's Dynojet made 477hp. It was hotter that day than when Vengeance dyno'd it but I still thought that was a considerable difference.
Anyways, just thought I'd post my results here instead of starting another thread. Now I gotta get 500 miles on this clutch before Saturday!

Last edited by BEASSTING; 12-01-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added temp
Old 12-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #300
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.MorenoMotorsports.com View Post
Progress pics of one of customers install.

Attachment 764231
Great looking setup!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Old 12-29-2015, 03:10 PM   #301
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Thanks nice! I be the under-hood temps are insane!

-Don
Old 12-29-2015, 06:57 PM   #302
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Thanks nice! I be the under-hood temps are insane!

-Don
I'm gonna find out just exactly how good ceramic coating is! Plus lots of heat wrap.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:33 PM   #303
Brandoncamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Twin Turbo
I've seen that car on 1320 somewhere lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Yea that seems high to me also, I'm close to 13 pounds and right around 800 I've done some more tuning and added a second meth nozzle since its last been on the dyno. He can make that power easy all he needs to do it turn up the boost and provide enough fuel. But remember autos will show less power on a dyno than a stick. Personally I would not run that kind of power through a stock auto trans. It's possible he has other mods that your not telling us or he's not telling you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late response peeps... Yes sir, I made 790 on 10 lbs. attached is the dyno graph. That was to the wheels not fly wheel..

I love the kit and highly recommend it to anybody wanting to make badass power!
Attached Images

791 HP 755 TQ on 10lbs.

Hellion Twin turbo kit, stock bottom end LS3, Cam, Stall, Full exhaust, zl1 fuel pump with adm module, AMS-2000 boost controller, SYCHO TUNED

Last edited by Brandoncamaro; 01-06-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:21 PM   #304
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoncamaro View Post
Sorry for the late response peeps... Yes sir, I made 790 on 10 lbs. attached is the dyno graph. That was to the wheels not fly wheel..

I love the kit allot and personally probably wouldn't ever do business with hellion again. Great product bad service but that's just my opinion.
Correction factor? Most high elevation numbers are WAY skewed from corrections.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:30 PM   #305
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
Did you burn up stock wires or aftermarket?

Mine will be ceramic coated. I was planning on heat sleeves for the wires. Haven't decided yet if my stock wires are good to go or if they need to be swapped. I've been told Granateli a few times.
I highly recommend staying away from the Granatelli wires. They are junk bulk wires they put their own ends with cute covers and over charge the hell out of em.

For the top mount turbos, i recommend Lava Blankets... and ceramic coat the manifolds with a quality ceramic coat from a reputable vendor. My manifolds are ceramic coated, and with that and the lava blankets, i have no heat issues. Below are two links to look at... I highly recommend both...

http://ptpturboblankets.com/home.php

As for wires that can take the heat as well as block more interference than any others I know of, take a look at this... I highly recommend reading some of the tech articles. Thy custom make this wires based on measurements you send them and will number them for you. They are expensive but well worth it...

http://www.magnecor.com

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 12-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #306
Brandoncamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I highly recommend staying away from the Granatelli wires. They are junk bulk wires they put their own ends with cute covers and over charge the hell out of em.

For the top mount turbos, i recommend Lava Blankets... and ceramic coat the manifolds with a quality ceramic coat from a reputable vendor. My manifolds are ceramic coated, and with that and the lava blankets, i have no heat issues. Below are two links to look at... I highly recommend both...

http://ptpturboblankets.com/home.php

As for wires that can take the heat as well as block more interference than any others I know of, take a look at this... I highly recommend reading some of the tech articles. Thy custom make this wires based on measurements you send them and will number them for you. They are expensive but well worth it...

http://www.magnecor.com
Thank you for the info my car is getting upgrades at the moment and after that 1320 video I noticed the two front wires were burnt showing wire.. So I'm in the market for some at the moment also. I just got all my pipes coated by a reputable shop. Including the hot side on my turbo's.
Attached Images

791 HP 755 TQ on 10lbs.

Hellion Twin turbo kit, stock bottom end LS3, Cam, Stall, Full exhaust, zl1 fuel pump with adm module, AMS-2000 boost controller, SYCHO TUNED
Old 01-05-2016, 01:15 AM   #307
Mcnairbear

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS, twin turbo
I finally got one! YEEHAW! lol
Still at Cunningham Motorsports getting installed and tuned. Here is the pic they emailed me as an update
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2016, 01:39 AM   #308
Mcnairbear

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS, twin turbo
Okay I do have one question to Hellion.
My turbos are in. I know the the rwhp i will have with the stock LS3 and outlaw catbacks alone. I am trying to achieve somewhere in the 800whp margin. To get that kind of gain i am aware i need to add supporting mods. I have spent 10k already (no regrets) so i want to make sure i do what is (needed) to support that kind of power. Im hearing the stock LS3 is a great short block engine all around. So only minimal upgrades are needed. Im hearing if i upgrade the fuel system with a squash fuel system and swap out the valve springs, push rods, and oil pump.. that will suffice.

Please let me know if im correct or help me and give me your opinion on what supporting mods are needed to the LS3 to turn up the boost to give me my 800whp+. Keep in mind i spoke with Cunninham Motorsports and they suggested the squash fuel system upgrade which will give me the capability to run e85.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to use such a great product as the Hellion TT system. Hats are off!

Closed Thread