Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-30-2016, 02:16 PM   #183
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
I've contacted the Manufacturer and brought this to their attention. The first ones coming off the line were made from Fiberglass, once they saw the amount of requests coming in they opted to start offering ABS to speed up production process.

Fiberglass is still an option for ordering, it just takes a few more days in the production line.

We'll continue to offer the Fiberglass version until the ABS issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions

Kurt

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2016, 02:25 PM   #184
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
I've contacted the Manufacturer and brought this to their attention. The first ones coming off the line were made from Fiberglass, once they saw the amount of requests coming in they opted to start offering ABS to speed up production process.

Fiberglass is still an option for ordering, it just takes a few more days in the production line.

We'll continue to offer the Fiberglass version until the ABS issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions

Kurt

As a customer I feel cheated as the product is subpar and I was unaware a "better" version existed as that is not noted or an option on their website.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:29 PM   #185
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
As a customer I feel cheated as the product is subpar and I was unaware a "better" version existed as that is not noted or an option on their website.
Matt
I made them aware of your post last week and unhappiness with the Spoiler you received. Also let them know you are a well known member on the forums and should get ahold of you to resolve the matter.
If you haven't heard from them yet let me know and I'll help out were I can.

Kurt

Old 05-30-2016, 03:58 PM   #186
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
From dropspeeds impressions, it seems they have changed how the parts are made, at least slightly. mine is hollow, but fairly thick, poking it will not make it flex in any significant way, less at least than all the sheet metal on the car.

It also sounds like maybe they have moved to installing rivnuts in the spoiler before shipping. Which while rivnuts are the way to go, I can tell from mine they dont use a jig to align the screw holes and instead rely on markings in the part to get them 'close enough'. obiously going with rivnuts is going to give the customer less flexibility in getting the holes to line up.

Sorry you have gotten a poor product based on our recomendations Dropspeed. Hopefully you can get it up to your standards and on your car.

*EDIT* didnt notice the last page of posts. Mine is fiberglass, IIRC, that would explain the extra rigidity. Looks like things have been figured out and are in the process of being resolved. Thats good.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:56 AM   #187
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
Matt
I made them aware of your post last week and unhappiness with the Spoiler you received. Also let them know you are a well known member on the forums and should get ahold of you to resolve the matter.
If you haven't heard from them yet let me know and I'll help out were I can.

Kurt

Thank you Kurt.

After double checking, I did not get mine direct from DAR, it came from a Never Enough Auto Accessories (a DAR dealer) also out of Texas. I looked at the Ebay listings so many times online I thought it was DAR.

I am a firm believer in the resolution far outweighs the issue. If they want to reach out to me here OR if you want, I will provide my number via PM and we can discuss it.

-Matt
Old 05-31-2016, 08:09 AM   #188
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Thank you Kurt.

After double checking, I did not get mine direct from DAR, it came from a Never Enough Auto Accessories (a DAR dealer) also out of Texas. I looked at the Ebay listings so many times online I thought it was DAR.

I am a firm believer in the resolution far outweighs the issue. If they want to reach out to me here OR if you want, I will provide my number via PM and we can discuss it.

-Matt
I have no problem trying to help out. Send me your number and email and I'll shoot it over to Jordan at DAR.

Kurt

Old 05-31-2016, 11:53 AM   #189
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

UPDATE: Kurt at Aero Sport Concepts took it upon himself to reach out to Jordan at DAR regarding my issues. (Thank you Kurt! ) I was of the mindset that everyone else had the same part at a reasonable price and I was going to try to better the spoiler myself.

I received a call from Jordan at DAR this morning and he was more than willing to rectify the situation. I did explain that I had already tried to modify (with foam-a-fill) the current spoiler, which to some companies would have given them an out to not replace a modified part.....He understood and still offered a fiberglass version as a replacement. In turn, I will be providing feedback on the current part with pictures and measurements so they better understand the issues.

Overall the customer service from Jordan / DAR has been top notch and I look forward to receiving the replacement piece. I do want to thank Kurt again.......Kurt had no direct skin in the game as I did not order the part from him, but he got involved and brought the situation to Jordan's attention.

-Matt
Old 05-31-2016, 01:06 PM   #190
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Very cool! I'd be interested in the fiberglass version of it too, pending your review
Old 05-31-2016, 11:44 PM   #191
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
UPDATE: Kurt at Aero Sport Concepts took it upon himself to reach out to Jordan at DAR regarding my issues. (Thank you Kurt! ) I was of the mindset that everyone else had the same part at a reasonable price and I was going to try to better the spoiler myself.

I received a call from Jordan at DAR this morning and he was more than willing to rectify the situation. I did explain that I had already tried to modify (with foam-a-fill) the current spoiler, which to some companies would have given them an out to not replace a modified part.....He understood and still offered a fiberglass version as a replacement. In turn, I will be providing feedback on the current part with pictures and measurements so they better understand the issues.

Overall the customer service from Jordan / DAR has been top notch and I look forward to receiving the replacement piece. I do want to thank Kurt again.......Kurt had no direct skin in the game as I did not order the part from him, but he got involved and brought the situation to Jordan's attention.

-Matt
No Problem Matt. Glad i could help. Wanted to let everyone know DAR has been real good to work with on my end too and have always stood behind their product. Any feedback i've given them has always been taking inconsideration. They offer alot of different Spoiler options and this is a new one for them, couple hiccups is normal. It's how they tackle those issues that makes the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
Very cool! I'd be interested in the fiberglass version of it too, pending your review
They offer that now and up until a couple weeks ago, was the norm. Part number with DAR is FG-618 for the '10-'13 version FG-613 for the '14-'15 model. Or you can always go through us too. The preferable way. We also offer our Wicker Kits Pre=Installed for your easy of mind.

Kurt
Old 06-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #192
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Finally pulled the trigger on one from Aero Sport Concepts and just got it in today. I love the look of it!

I'm hoping to be able to install it myself but I'm not the most mechanically knowledgeable person. lol Just looking at it, it seems pretty straight forward.. Other than the holes not quite lining up occasionally, is there any other problems you guys ran into when installing?

Last edited by IOMCamaroSS; 06-15-2016 at 05:45 PM.
IOMCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #193
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Well, I managed to get it on there. lol Looks so awesome!

Old 06-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #194
JT Camaro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post

Looks Great!
What paint code is that?
and is it an ABS or Fiberglass one?
JT Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:01 PM   #195
SS/RS2010

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post

Looks good. Just curious, does it block the view of the 3rd brake light in any way?
SS/RS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #196
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Camaro View Post
Looks Great!
What paint code is that?
and is it an ABS or Fiberglass one?
That is Paint Code GBA Gloss Black. We always get the Fiberglass version because the Wicker support is better than the ABS. Takes a few extra days but worth it. Let me know if I can help you out.

Kurt