Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #1
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
ATL Muscle Unresponsive for weeks and owes me a refund.

Nearly 2 months ago I purchased most of a Spring edition body kit from ATL Muscle. Thread is here I did not post to the thread but instead did PMs because I was intending on it being a Fathers day present and my dad is also a member of the forums.

I have been given the run around for 2 months now. First delay was rain ruining the box he was going to ship in. Then he was getting his car wrapped and would ship it when his car got back. Then he was apparently in a car accident. Then I was told numerous times he was still going to get it shipped out in time for fathers day and he just needed a new box and was told multiple times that if he didnt he would refund me. Finally 2 days before fathers day he tells me he cant ship it and he will sell local and refund me. Okay that sucks, puts me out a fathers day present and only a couple days to do something about it. I offer to drive (6 hours both ways) to Atlanta to pick the parts up that day. I get no response. That was June 19. I tried for a week to get a hold of him about my refund before I go something back saying he would refund me on July 1st. And that June 26 was the last time I have heard from him.

He has been active on this forum since then trying to sell and buy other items but refuses to give me a response. I would absolutely not ever purchase from him again after this experience.

I have waited this long to say anything because I generally wanted to get this solved between him and I but obviously he is much less concerned about my money than I am.

If anyone has any advice on what steps I should take to get my money back I would greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone knows ATL Muscle personally and can get him to contact me ASAP I am still wanting to get this worked out without having to go through a bunch of trouble.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Simply call your bank and have them reverse the charges on your credit card account.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
TurboNarwhal

It was a purchase with a debit card, I have actually just sent my bank an Email regarding the issue, I am hoping they can help me but I honestly don't expect them to be too helpful.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Yeah, always use a credit card as it definitely protects you. Or, use PayPal since they have a buyer protection program as well. I shred any debt cards my bank issues me (and the credit cards can usually also earn you point on all purchases, which is a nice bonus).
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Did you ever get your money back?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #6
TurboNarwhal

Yes i did but not because he gave it back. I filed for fraudulent charges at my bank and with google wallet. My money made its way back to me in the end.

I never did hear anything else from ATLmuscle. Neither explanation nor appology.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:28 AM   #7
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
So this guy rips you off, but is still active on the forums and account hasnt been banned? Am I missing something here?!
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:52 AM   #8
TurboNarwhal

Yeah more or less. I have all of our contact still in my inbox. Part of it is on here and part of it is email. A quick look at his iTrader rating shows plenty of people have had no issue with him. Im not really sure what happened between him and I whether it was just as simple as him not having the money to return in a timely manor or if he legitimately was ripping me off. Either way his lack of communication and the entire situation was unacceptable.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #9
AKA chaoss

Drives: 2015 camaro ss
I also got screwed dealing with this guy
AKA chaoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
He's not even a supporting sponsor. What is happening with these fly-by-night rip-off-artist/parts whores being able to operate under the radar?

When they start making excuses or clamming up, there's usually something very wrong. RUN THE F** away from this "vendor"!!

I remember AKA's BS crap with the nitrous kit. Looked like they sent him a beat-up used kit vs. new. Did it even function?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:30 PM   #11
AKA chaoss

Drives: 2015 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
He's not even a supporting sponsor. What is happening with these fly-by-night rip-off-artist/parts whores being able to operate under the radar?

When they start making excuses or clamming up, there's usually something very wrong. RUN THE F** away from this "vendor"!!

I remember AKA's BS crap with the nitrous kit. Looked like they sent him a beat-up used kit vs. new. Did it even function?
Some of it did yes. But I had to COMPLETELY go through it and redo most of it.
AKA chaoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:09 PM   #12
TurboNarwhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA chaoss View Post
Some of it did yes. But I had to COMPLETELY go through it and redo most of it.

I did see your trouble with him as well, I didn't mention it because at least you received your parts, none the less, he has screwed over at least 2 different people on this forum. I hope people see this thread before buying from him because I would hate for this trend to continue.