Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-29-2018, 09:32 PM   #1
DiscoStu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
No Reverse lights

I have a 2010 2LT with the manual transmission. When I put it into reverse, I no longer get the beep or the big 'R' displayed in the DIC, and the reverse lights don't come on.
The reverse lights will still illuminate when I unlock the car with the key fob.
I had figured it was a faulty reverse switch, so I ordered a new one. Once replaced, the new switch did not make a difference, and checking the old switch it still had continuity when I checked it with a volt meter.

Anyone have any ideas where to check next? Any idea where the reverse switch circuit gets wired to, so I can do a little more investigation with the voltmeter?
DiscoStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:27 AM   #2
Yasuo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
This seems like a really rare issue, since the lights go on when you unlock the car.. I'm not sure if there is a fuse for the reverse switch, but if there is maybe it's blown?
Yasuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:13 PM   #3
DiscoStu

Checked most of the fuses inside the dash. Looked all good. I'll have to try following the wires from the switch to wherever they terminate.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:17 AM   #4
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoStu View Post
Checked most of the fuses inside the dash. Looked all good. I'll have to try following the wires from the switch to wherever they terminate.
There's no one fuse for the reverse lights. They get powered from the one harness that powers ALL rear lights (tail,reverse,license,sidemarkers). See at 50 sec into this vid where the harness connects to the rear bumper on each side, then at 1:15 for where each side of the bumper harness runs to the reverse lights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=-ogXZ7D16xw
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #5
DiscoStu

Finally figured it out. One of the two wires had pulled out of the connector for the reverse switch in the transmission.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:15 AM   #6
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoStu View Post
Finally figured it out. One of the two wires had pulled out of the connector for the reverse switch in the transmission.
Wow, how’d you find that out?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote