Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
Really, really?

I had a 4th gen Mustang v6 decked out with full-on Fast and the Furious style body kit with high-wing spoiler try to play with me today on the street. American sports/muscle car gone ricer as some of you would say. Really, really, why would I, what's with some people? He did have some big-az gauges on his window post so maybe he had some secret juice and an annoyingly loud exhaust. Maybe this should have gone under, "some peoples kids". What are some of your, 'Really ?' times when you've been out in your car?

Last edited by The SwiftChancelor; 06-03-2012 at 08:22 AM.
The SwiftChancelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
djxrated81

Drives: 2011 camaro SS/RS
I always have P.O.S.'s trying to mess with me, i just do this and drive on by. Sometimes if they do it long enough and their windows are down, as im driving by i throw it neutral and give them a nice LOUD rev. and then u see them back off
2011 2SS/RS Airaid cai, ARH HF cats X pipe, SLP LM1, 160stat,RX Catch can, Tuned @ Tune Time Performance, side marker black outs, decepticon bowtie emblems, stealth turn sig. bulbs,Hyper White DTRL Painted GFX, Havoc Spoiler
[IMG][SIGPIC]
djxrated81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
evolve

Drives: 03 Cobra
I was cruising along one day and a mustang GT comes along, revs his 2xxhp engine and rolls his window down. I obliged and rolled mine down to entertain what he wanted to say. He asked "is that a REAL Cobra?". I lold and drove away "hastily"

Last edited by evolve; 06-03-2012 at 09:38 AM.
evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Wahrheit
Banned

Drives: a lot of cars
Its always the littlest dog that barks the loudest
Wahrheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
My really moment is the Camaro guy who thinks he can take on the Boss. I smile and wave them ahead. When a ZL1 does it, I'll probably give him a big thumbs up.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
red70tvhs
Red

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black 2ss M6
well i havent had one in a camaro considering I don't own one yet... yet. But I did have one in the goat after I bought her in 2008, I just had put on my spintech catback so people realized it wasnt a cavailer... lol. So A guy in a Dodge nitro starts this krap, passing me, paceing me everything. I tried speeding up, slowing down, nothing worked til I disobeyed the law and turned him into a small spec in the rearview. I had clearly lost my temper. People are stupid. Just glad it diddnt result in a speeding violation.
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
A Nitro, really? No, I believe you. Yeah I've had others besides this 4th gen v6 but this one was the latest. I even pulled up next to them afterwords, rolled down my window and sais, "v6 huh?", and he nodded his head yes with him and his buddy smiling. They were very happy. most any truck that happens to be driven by a redneck seems to want to try and race, gotta prove a point.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
red70tvhs
Red

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black 2ss M6
Yeah a freaking Nitro, I was like wtf... is that a box trying to race me?? lol Yeah the rednecks are a big problem in rural area, everyone with a stock diesel think they are street racing kings here. Always trying to pick races and just end up blacksmokeing everything gettin krap dirty. Aggervating really.
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
My really moment is the Camaro guy who thinks he can take on the Boss. I smile and wave them ahead. When a ZL1 does it, I'll probably give him a big thumbs up.
Ok I gotta ask, whats done to the boss?

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
That is a pretty paint scheme on that Boss. Sweet ride.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam99 View Post
Ok I gotta ask, whats done to the boss?
Pure stock, so if the Camaro is stock and not a ZL1 I'm pretty confident I could take him (not that I would try on the street, of course). The ZL1, especially on the street will show me its tail lights. On a track I'd give it a try on the basis I have a year's experience on the ZL1 driver.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
That is a pretty paint scheme on that Boss. Sweet ride.
Thanks man. But truth be told, I do think the Camaro has the Mustang in the looks department.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
iLLcoolZ
NSM

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
The "Really???" moments I got, was when a Porsche Turbo wanted to race me down the highway. I don't get it, I drive an SS, not a ZL1! Theres no way I can beat that Turbo! Also, a similar incident happened when a white GTR wanted to race me down another highway. I really dont understand why they'd even try, when they know their cars are much faster!

iLLcoolZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
SB09

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLcoolZ View Post
The "Really???" moments I got, was when a Porsche Turbo wanted to race me down the highway. I don't get it, I drive an SS, not a ZL1! Theres no way I can beat that Turbo! Also, a similar incident happened when a white GTR wanted to race me down another highway. I really dont understand why they'd even try, when they know their cars are much faster!
Those are they same type guys that picked on the weaker kids back in school. Always looking for an easy kill.

Tapatalkin...