Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I got Pfadt-er recently and I'm lovin' it!

I recently had IPS Motorsports install some additional power and suspension mods including a bunch of additional Pfadt parts, so I wanted to give you folks my first impressions.

First, let me tell you about what my car has had done. Last summer, I had Pfadt springs, sways, end links, and trailing arms. I also had a maggie, headers, and intake. The car was at 500 rwhp (I have an L99) and the Pfadt suspension parts made big improvements in how the car handled on the twistie roads as well as making the car look better with the lower stance.

This year (spring 2011), I wanted to improve the performance of my car, so I had a cam and torque converter installed along with a bunch of additional Pfadt parts. I now have over 550 rwhp and a much improved suspension.

As of last week my car has the following Pfadt parts:
coilovers,
sway bars,
end links,
trailing arms,
toe link stiffeners,
engine mounts,
differential bushings, and
subframe bushings.

I am amazed at how much better my car handles under throttle and on twisty roads.

I believe the differential and subframe bushing are largely responsible for the stability of the rear end so that when I go WOT, the rear end doesn't get away from me anymore. I can now accelerate much more aggressively with confidence. I use the power more often than I used to (I am going to get myself in so much trouble with this car...)

The springs I had last year were good, but the Pfadt coilovers are great! The car handles considerably better on the curves than it did with the springs. There is virtually no lean. I think my brakes are thanking me.

I must admit that I was particularly worried about adding the subframe and differential bushings as well as the engine mounts because I thought they might make the ride harsher and introduce a lot of noise in the cabin. Not so. They just makes the car feel more predictable, yet the ride is not too harsh. It just feels tighter.

I am having even more fun driving my car now. I know I'm driving a big heavy Camaro. But, with the improved suspension and power, the car feels lighter and driving is effortless.

Thanks to Pfadt for making such great products and thanks to IPS Motorsports for doing such great work. I am VERY pleased with my new mods.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Give it hell and have fun! Congrats on the upgrades.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
To totally be "that guy", the pronunciation is "fought".

I asked them about this a while back with an alliterated message, and then wrote the following limerick:

There once was a company named Pfadt
Who suggested I had put in much thought
To creating my rhymes
While I earn paltry dimes
And wasting more time than I ought

That said, great to hear that your mods went well. Now need need some pictures of all the goodies, or at least of you getting into some trouble...maybe halfway through a rather tough corner, from the front, so we can see the chassis angle with respect to the ground.
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1o.f00t.570rk View Post
To totally be "that guy", the pronunciation is "fought".

I asked them about this a while back with an alliterated message, and then wrote the following limerick:

There once was a company named Pfadt
Who suggested I had put in much thought
To creating my rhymes
While I earn paltry dimes
And wasting more time than I ought

That said, great to hear that your mods went well. Now need need some pictures of all the goodies, or at least of you getting into some trouble...maybe halfway through a rather tough corner, from the front, so we can see the chassis angle with respect to the ground.

I said "Pfadt-er," meaning more Pfadt. I don't think I mispronounced it.

My car journal is full of pics, but here are a few from IPS Flickr site.

I'll try to get some video soon. My husband is totally NOT into cars or video cameras. I need a camera person!

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 05-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
I was going to congratulate you on your Pfdat-ness until the last poster ruined it...oh wait, I guess I still did...haha! Looks good...I just got mine back from a total BMR suspension and I love the new feel too!

I laughed at your last sentance..."My husband is totally NOT into cars or video cameras"

Why is it that most marriages are this way? ...Guy loves sports, wife hates it. Girl into cars...marries one of the few guys that couldn't care less about cars! I guess that's life.
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Your car is amazing and I enjoyed meeting you at Cincy Speed Dyno Day.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
Your car is amazing and I enjoyed meeting you at Cincy Speed Dyno Day.
I had a great time at the dyno day. It was a pleasure meeting you. I met a lot of cool people that day and saw some amazing cars.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
wow this looks awesome...how much is a good price to pay the rear bushings to be installed..ball park any one ?? I mean for all of them ..where the diff has to come down as such
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
JackRabitSlims

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
In post 4 the 1st picture, how do they install the subframe connector?
JackRabitSlims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #10
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRabitSlims View Post
In post 4 the 1st picture, how do they install the subframe connector?
I'm not sure exactly. I expect the probably had to mangle the stock bushings to get them out. I didn't see how they inserted the new ones. Maybe Pfadt could tell you how it's done.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #11
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
The car looks great Emma! So glad you're happy with how it turned out, looks like IPS did great work for you.

So when are you going to start racing?

--
Jarrett
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
The car looks great Emma! So glad you're happy with how it turned out, looks like IPS did great work for you.

So when are you going to start racing?

--
Jarrett
I'm trying to sell my 22" wheels. Once I get new wheels, I think I'd like to have a try at the track.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:38 PM   #13
Darth_Emma

Getting my Pfadt rear lower control arm reinforcement bracket installed in the next day or two.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/242

Mine haven't started to show signs of giving way yet, but I've seen a lot of cars that have. So, I want to reinforce that weak tab before anything bad happens.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #14
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Getting my Pfadt rear lower control arm reinforcement bracket installed in the next day or two.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/242

Mine haven't started to show signs of giving way yet, but I've seen a lot of cars that have. So, I want to reinforce that weak tab before anything bad happens.
Better safe than sorry in some cases. How is the wheel sale coming along? How is the new turbo setup working for you?
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote