Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #15
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRHSEZL1 View Post
The charger only comes in auto! It's for my wife, and she can't drive a stick anyhow!
Does your wife have a nice cushy life insurance policy? I would never understand why I'd give someone that meant more to me than the world a rocket of a car like that. Unless you were looking to cash in, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Oldest dealer trick in the book. Buy one of the most sought after competitive cars to your brand and place it on your lot to get the naive public to think people are tradin them in for their brand. Lexus started it with Mercedes, then BMW with Audi, and now the US manufactures have caught on..
Spot on.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #16
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlineviper View Post
I am a car enthusiast, not a Chevy enthusiast. I can't wait til my Hellcat is finally made. It will go well right next to my ZL1 and Cobra 500 which aren't going anywhere. kuddos to dodge for knocking it out of the park.
I'd call it more of a sold triple to deep center over the head of an outfielder playing in.

The car is a number. Without the number it was a solid 3rd place in the segment.

If you need the number or want that number, fine, pay the money. But it is pretty much a 1 trick pony...............1/4 mile at a time.

Don't get me wrong, I give a lot of credit to Fiat for doing this. It's a big play. But I would suggest a play that, for the time being at least, helps overcome being the 3rd best pony car in the market until they can get better car.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #17
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Chrysler may refuse another hellcat to a dealer if it is on the lot for more than 5 days. My guess is the Chevy dealer and the dodge dealer are in cahoots and the Chevy dealer "bought" the car from the local dodge dealer and will be sharing some of the profit with the dodge dealer.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:01 AM   #18
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I'd call it more of a sold triple to deep center over the head of an outfielder playing in.

The car is a number. Without the number it was a solid 3rd place in the segment.

If you need the number or want that number, fine, pay the money. But it is pretty much a 1 trick pony...............1/4 mile at a time.

Don't get me wrong, I give a lot of credit to Fiat for doing this. It's a big play. But I would suggest a play that, for the time being at least, helps overcome being the 3rd best pony car in the market until they can get better car.
What I find most interesting about the Hellcat is that it reinforces everything Dodge advertises. Look at their ads. They show burnouts, and the Hellcat can't grip with those tiny tires; they show big numbers, but try to get down the track with a reasonable quarter mile. It's a brute—I like a brute—but it isn't a performance car in today's market. Anyone can produce a 700-hp monster, but the skinny wheels and poor suspension look more like it was designed in a hack's garage than at a major manufacturer.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #19
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
There are also a lot of repossessions going on. Dealers just qualifying young guys just being able to afford these cars. I was at a car auction in Pennsylvania last week that had a Z/28 and a Hellcat. One of the managers there said they are starting to come in. Bank repo lots have a few of them!!!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:07 PM   #20
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
What I find most interesting about the Hellcat is that it reinforces everything Dodge advertises. Look at their ads. They show burnouts, and the Hellcat can't grip with those tiny tires; they show big numbers, but try to get down the track with a reasonable quarter mile. It's a brute—I like a brute—but it isn't a performance car in today's market. Anyone can produce a 700-hp monster, but the skinny wheels and poor suspension look more like it was designed in a hack's garage than at a major manufacturer.
I like both Hellcat models but couldn't agree with you more. It's a high hp muscle cruiser not a performance car in today's market.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #21
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
There are also a lot of repossessions going on. Dealers just qualifying young guys just being able to afford these cars. I was at a car auction in Pennsylvania last week that had a Z/28 and a Hellcat. One of the managers there said they are starting to come in. Bank repo lots have a few of them!!!
Any idea what they went for at Auction?
Old 03-29-2015, 01:49 PM   #22
Redlineviper

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The back tires are 3 cm narrower than the ZL1. While I agree 345 would look sweet 275's aren't skinny. Many have ran well into the 10's bone stock. The cars interior blows the stang and camaro out of the water. It rides great and handles well for a large muscle car. Anyone who knocks the package clearly isn't keeping it real and unbiased. The proof is in the pudding. No car in the past 40 years has had this much attention from the general market. If any manufacture could have done it they would. They can't make them fast enough.
Redlineviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #23
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlineviper View Post
The back tires are 3 cm narrower than the ZL1. While I agree 345 would look sweet 275's aren't skinny. Many have ran well into the 10's bone stock. The cars interior blows the stang and camaro out of the water. It rides great and handles well for a large muscle car. Anyone who knocks the package clearly isn't keeping it real and unbiased. The proof is in the pudding. No car in the past 40 years has had this much attention from the general market. If any manufacture could have done it they would. They can't make them fast enough.
Making 700 HP with a supercharged engine is the easy part. Standing behind it with a warranty is where it gets tricky. Chevy will let you take your ZL1 to a HPDE event or fun racing and stand behind it if it breaks. Even with drag radial. You will not get that type of backing from Dodge. Period.

3cm = 1.18 inches

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 03-29-2015 at 02:35 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #24
Redlineviper

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Making 700 HP with a supercharged engine is the easy part. Standing behind it with a warranty is where it gets tricky. Chevy will let you take your car to a HPDE event or fun racing and stand behind it if it breaks. Even with drag radial. You will not get that type of backing from Dodge. Period.

3cm = 1.18 inches
Making 700+ hp that will pass emissions (not easy), not heat soak during 20min sessions, back it with a warrantee and be able to produce for less than 60k.
Redlineviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #25
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...

The Hellcat kicks solid ass on the street - where we all drive 99% of the time! A 100% stock Hellcat in the hands of a capable driver will show its tail lights to every stock ZL1 with an equal driver - every time. Auto or manual. Period.

You can deny, deny, deny all you want - it is the plain unvarnished truth. The Hellcat wasn't designed to run the Ring or make short work of Laguna Seca - it's an unholy street and strip terror, plain and simple.

AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

We can smugly laugh at the 275s ('We have 305's!'), we can laugh at the styling ('It looks so OLD!'), we can laugh at anything we want to laugh at ('Oh, it's a DODGE!') all of which is ridiculous... but let's be real - the Hellcat is a faster, more powerful car. Sure, we can buy mods and get the same horsepower or more - but we're talking off the showroom floor guys.

Like someone else said - sit down in the new Challenger interior and you will be amazed at how nice it is. And since when is a car with the cajones that the Hellcat packs NOT a PERFORMANCE CAR?

Are we going to argue the 'I paid less', 'I have this option', or especially the 'They are paying over sticker!?' statement? Remember when the ZL1s came out and buyers were PAYING OVER STICKER to get one? Let's not laugh at the same things some people who own a ZL1 did. If you want it and you have the money and you don't mind getting screwed over by a dealer, buy it. It's YOUR money.

There will always be a faster car so get used to the idea. Enjoy the ZL1 for what it does and what it does, it does well.

We just look really, REALLY petty and jealous to not appreciate the Hellcat for what it is.

Ok, I will step down off the soap box now. Where's the tylenol?
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Oldest dealer trick in the book. Buy one of the most sought after competitive cars to your brand and place it on your lot to get the naive public to think people are tradin them in for their brand. Lexus started it with Mercedes, then BMW with Audi, and now the US manufactures have caught on..
There were actually a couple Ford dealerships doing that back in 2010 with Camaros. The two dealers were owned by the same guy in two different towns, they rotated them between the two dealerships every few days so people would think they were different cars...
Old 03-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #27
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzurguy View Post
Any idea what they went for at Auction?
They did not go across the day I was there. I was there Wednesday, most likely they would go Saturday when the big moneys there.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #28
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
friend of mine buys cars at dealer auctions and has seen a few Hellcats come across. Their starting to trickle in.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote