Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #127
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
dang i wish I had thought of that, oh wait a minute i did in the post you complained about LOL..

. what about think before you post?

By the way drilling holes in your front bumper does not devalue your car in the state you reside if they require a front plate, Why you may ask, because all cars in that state should be the same way and the dealership isn;t going to give you one penny more just because of that......Invalid argument...
I was complaining about your comments about how people should get up, go out and do something about it and stop complaining. Not your commentary on production costs. If you happen to have a similar idea about it, fine, whatever. There aren't many original ideas anymore. Your assumption is irritating because you're positing that people griping about it on here are lazy and haven't tried to change the law.

Just because you call an argument invalid doesn't mean it is in fact invalid. I didn't specify a Dealer value did I? I said devalue in general. There are many ways something can be valued. I have stamp, coin, robot, baseball card collections that would be considered of low resale value, but that doesn't mean I'm OK with people touching them with their bare hands, playing with them or putting holes in them. The value is my assigned value. I'm not saying that's what I mean directly on the car, but value isn't a singular piece of information; nor can it be derived from a singular source.

So... are you just bored in general? Or do you happen to have stock in companies that sell resources to make plates? You seem to spend a lot of time in this thread debating people that don't want plates. How about instead of trouncing on people trying to vent on something you just ignore the thread, go outside or do something else.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #128
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Sadly, my car had the front plates mounted when I took possession. My option if the law were overturned would be to use plugs or some patch of some sort or just continue with the front plates. I've gotten used to having them now and they really aren't much of a problem.

mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #129
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
So, now that we have somewhat vented a lot here. I can say I wrote my state legislators. I also encouraged membersof our Camaro Club to do likewise.

Regardless, I won't cop to any non-compliance here. Suffice it to say my front fascia doesn't have any holes on the front surface

Last edited by greenrail; 10-13-2010 at 04:29 PM.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #130
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
So, now that we have somewhat vented a lot here. I can say I wrote my state legislators. I also encouraged membersof our Camaro Club to do likewise.

Regardless, I won't cop to any non-compliance here. Suffice it to say my front fascia doesn't have any holes on the front surface
I suggest everyone follow your lead.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #131
BadSS

Drives: 08 GMC
Quote:
They can be ticketed by any other officer just as well as anyone else can. In fact two off duty police officers were just fired and prosecuted for breaking some laws here in our county. Just as you said they are human and should be held to the same laws as the rest of us are. And as for some officers enforcing some laws while others ticket people for the same infraction, I say that in the case of misdemeanors a lot has to do with the officers judgment. Some are just not as strict as others are. But since the ones that do give the tickets are doing it legally you really have no argument with them doing their sworn duty to enforce the law. Right?
I agree with you for the most part but should they have the right to enforce the law only when they feel they want to. What would make it right for me not to be cited for not having a plate and you are cited for that same infraction. Is it fair that I walk and you don't?? Law is law and should be enforced fairly. I also understand that they may let a person go based on their driving history too. They may let one go because there are no infractions on the record. Remember, I can get out of nearly any ticket because I'm known - but is it fair?
BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #132
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSS View Post
I agree with you for the most part but should they have the right to enforce the law only when they feel they want to. What would make it right for me not to be cited for not having a plate and you are cited for that same infraction. Is it fair that I walk and you don't?? Law is law and should be enforced fairly. I also understand that they may let a person go based on their driving history too. They may let one go because there are no infractions on the record. Remember, I can get out of nearly any ticket because I'm known - but is it fair?
Like my daddy always said, " Nobody ever said life was fair". I know it happens, some cops just think it's a waste of time for that type stop, and
some follow the letter of the law, but I bet some are bored on a slow day and may see it as an opportunity to kill some time. Still it is a legal stop, and truthfully you have no excuse not to comply.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #133
BadSS

Drives: 08 GMC
Quote:
Like my daddy always said, " Nobody ever said life was fair".
How true, how true. Smart man your daddy is!
Oh, and by the way I have wrote my elected officials on the 2 plate law. Sure hope they dump it here.
BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #134
katatonia

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS 6M
Thank you state of Georgia! I couldn't handle defacing my car.
katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:52 AM   #135
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSS View Post
How true, how true. Smart man your daddy is!
Oh, and by the way I have wrote my elected officials on the 2 plate law. Sure hope they dump it here.
It can be done, Tennessee used to be a 2 plate state. back when I moved here in the early 70's we had 2 plates. I think around 76 or so they dropped the requirement for the front plate. So anyone saying it can't be changed does not know what they are talking about. Like I have said before once a law is on the books, to get it removed you have to have 2 things, a legitimate reason for changing, and majority of public support (of course a State Senator with a new Camaro would probably be of help too).
Old 10-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #136
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
I live in Cali but I also have a house in Arizona and I am going to register my car for the Arizona house because Arizona doesn't require front license plates so I get lucky there!
Yes but if you drive it in Cali and Cali requires it, you are still required to have it while in Cali.

I won't put one on myself. Been pulled over before for not having it but that was 10 years ago and I had a fix it ticket. I just used some screws to put the plate in the grill. When the State Patrol inspected it and gave me the OK I took it of and drove off.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #137
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I was complaining about your comments about how people should get up, go out and do something about it and stop complaining. Not your commentary on production costs. If you happen to have a similar idea about it, fine, whatever. There aren't many original ideas anymore. Your assumption is irritating because you're positing that people griping about it on here are lazy and haven't tried to change the law.

Just because you call an argument invalid doesn't mean it is in fact invalid. I didn't specify a Dealer value did I? I said devalue in general. There are many ways something can be valued. I have stamp, coin, robot, baseball card collections that would be considered of low resale value, but that doesn't mean I'm OK with people touching them with their bare hands, playing with them or putting holes in them. The value is my assigned value. I'm not saying that's what I mean directly on the car, but value isn't a singular piece of information; nor can it be derived from a singular source.

So... are you just bored in general? Or do you happen to have stock in companies that sell resources to make plates? You seem to spend a lot of time in this thread debating people that don't want plates. How about instead of trouncing on people trying to vent on something you just ignore the thread, go outside or do something else.
Ok so I have read your posts over and over where you replied to mine, not in one, other than this one, have you made any comment whatsoever about me talking about people complaining and not doing anything about it... You DID comment on my suggestion asking if I thought I was the first one to suggest what I did but there was nothing about my comments on people to stop complaining and do something... If you did will you please point it out to me?

About your argument about it devaluing your car, there are LEGAL alternative methods of mounting the front plate that will not make you have to drill any holes, such as the plate mount that attaches through the lower grill opening with toggle bolts to securly fasten the mount to the car...so that DOES make your argument invalid.

Sorry for the thread jack. I just needed to get that off my chest.

P.S. In my comments search I noticed you tried it in TEXAS, well everyone knows Texas is a Hard Ass state when it comes to the law so I can see why it may not have worked there. but don't go discouraging others from trying it in their state. Like Tennessee dropped their front plates years ago others may be open to the idea now... I read somewhere that 20 states do not require a front plate, that means that 30 still do. surely then there are a few states open to the idea of saving some tax money...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 10-14-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #138
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
The original subject of this thread was "how to have and display a front plate without drilling the holes"

I live in a state without front plates. My only gripe is all the dealers and used car lots that drill and mount frames to the front so they can display "Ed's Used Cars"
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #139
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
The original subject of this thread was "how to have and display a front plate without drilling the holes"

I live in a state without front plates. My only gripe is all the dealers and used car lots that drill and mount frames to the front so they can display "Ed's Used Cars"
I guess with a thread title of "Front plate Law", you can expect the original meaning of the first post to be lost...

Being close to the state borders of both North Carolina and Virginia, Many used cars around here already have the front plate brackets attached. sometimes when a local dealer makes a trade with a dealer in another state they will already have the bracket installed too. My wife's Cobalt was like that. I just drilled out the attachment rivets, replaced them with a couple small self tapping screws and painted them with touch up paint to match the car. it looked ok, then my wife had her accident and the insurance replaced the bumper cover with one that had no holes, so we were happy...

Tags
license plate