Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #15
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Knock View Post
Having owned and been active in the Prowler & SSR car club worlds I know of people that have WAAAY more money than me and a lot of cool cars. We have developed friendships and take vacations with some people that have awesome car collections.

My wife's boss has three Ferrari's - one for the track, one for crusing plus a spare. Then there's the computer guy in LA whose wife has a Lambo for her daily driver but still like's her Prowler for cruising. A friend in Indiana and his wife drove down to Texas to visit in a car he hasn't driven since 2003. His collection inclided three Vipers, three Prowlers, the #2 produced Callaway SSR, three Hurst Supercharged Challengers, a 2012 supercharged Summit White Nickey Camaro convertible, four Corvettes including 2 first generation cars and a C5 converted to look like a first gen that his wife used as a DD for a while. He also has some classic muscle GTO's, Superbirds, and once owned 1 of 4 known 1970 Hemi Cuda convertibles (I should have been in the cigarette outlet business like he was )

Another guy has muliple Vipers including one GTS-R, race only car sitting in his garage. A bunch of friends have Street Rods, 60's/70's Muscle cars. One of my cousins built record holding dragsters in the 60's and the whole family was into cars so I kind grew up around uncles with Nomads, Corvettes, 50's TBirds, etc.

I've always been the poorer, working guy that had to take out 60 months loan and drive my cool car as a daily driver. My 2011 Camaro SS convertible is the best performing car I've ever owned and I love the way it sounds and handles. Modding it over the last 9 months has been and will continue to be as much fun as I've ever had with a car even if others around me have more expensive or faster or more exotic ones.
If you friend in Indiana needs another friend I am available

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #16
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Knock View Post
Having owned and been active in the Prowler & SSR car club worlds I know of people that have WAAAY more money than me and a lot of cool cars. We have developed friendships and take vacations with some people that have awesome car collections.

My wife's boss has three Ferrari's - one for the track, one for crusing plus a spare. Then there's the computer guy in LA whose wife has a Lambo for her daily driver but still like's her Prowler for cruising. A friend in Indiana and his wife drove down to Texas to visit in a car he hasn't driven since 2003. His collection inclided three Vipers, three Prowlers, the #2 produced Callaway SSR, three Hurst Supercharged Challengers, a 2012 supercharged Summit White Nickey Camaro convertible, four Corvettes including 2 first generation cars and a C5 converted to look like a first gen that his wife used as a DD for a while. He also has some classic muscle GTO's, Superbirds, and once owned 1 of 4 known 1970 Hemi Cuda convertibles (I should have been in the cigarette outlet business like he was )

Another guy has muliple Vipers including one GTS-R, race only car sitting in his garage. A bunch of friends have Street Rods, 60's/70's Muscle cars. One of my cousins built record holding dragsters in the 60's and the whole family was into cars so I kind grew up around uncles with Nomads, Corvettes, 50's TBirds, etc.

I've always been the poorer, working guy that had to take out 60 months loan and drive my cool car as a daily driver. My 2011 Camaro SS convertible is the best performing car I've ever owned and I love the way it sounds and handles. Modding it over the last 9 months has been and will continue to be as much fun as I've ever had with a car even if others around me have more expensive or faster or more exotic ones.
I don't know whether you need new friends or not.

On one hand your friends have all kinds of cool shit (pardon the language) and on the other, there's absolutely no way to stand out with a collection like those guys have.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #17
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post

Ryan
They live in New Castle - about an hour or so East of you. Next weekend they hosting a group of about 25 or so cars and going to Fairmount for the James Dean festival. Have you ever been to that?? Two large car shows within a few miles of each other each with hundreds of cars. Late Sept weather there is alway iffy but you know that if you live in central Indiana.
Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I don't know whether you need new friends or not.

On one hand your friends have all kinds of cool shit (pardon the language) and on the other, there's absolutely no way to stand out with a collection like those guys have.
Yeah - there is no way I could ever keep up but most real car guys love to talk and shopw off their cars and most of these people are great to hang out with. I've actually had two people offer and let me drive one of their one cars to an out of state event - driving a Viper convertible from Alabama to Indiana and back was pretty awesome. (it cost me a lot drinks for the four day event )
Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #19
Chive Driver
Keep Calm and Chive On

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Since some of you are mentioning bosses of wifes etc.

The CEO at my last job drove his red Ferrari California to work like 3 days out of the summer.
Chive Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #20
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Family has two Ferraris. A Dino and then a TR.
walky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #21
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post

Ryan
We're thinking that he does need a NicKey C7 Corvette : )
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #22
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Probably my ZL1. Back in college our car club had pretty ridiculous cars though.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Mine, if I do say so myself.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #24
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
My Grandmas 1972 Chevelle SS. Yes, my grandmas.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #25
Edzo

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 63 Impala
Name:  K-Man's Chevelle.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  533.4 KB
My buddy's matching numbers SS. At least until he spun a bearing!
Edzo is offline   Reply With Quote